How does Shimano RSX compare to Record?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by 1, Apr 23, 2003.

  1. 1

    1 Guest

    Can't decide between the two. Price aside, many differences?

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:
    > Can't decide between the two. Price aside, many differences?

    if you really need to ask buy the rsx.

  3. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    > Can't decide between the two. Price aside, many differences?

    On the bizarre off chance that this is genuine I will give a serious answer
    :)

    How does this entry level Ford compare to a Ferrari :)

    Stan Cox

  4. [email protected]<< Can't decide between the two. Price aside, many differences?

    hardly any-go for th RSX.....

  5. Andres Muro

    Andres Muro Guest

    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Can't decide between the two. Price aside, many differences?
    >
    > On the bizarre off chance that this is genuine I will give a serious answer
    > :)
    >
    > How does this entry level Ford compare to a Ferrari :)
    >
    > Stan Cox

    Stan, et al:

    Actually, while the difference in quality is very significant, your response does not actually
    address the differences. A Ferrari will differ from an entry level car in that it will be
    essentially a lot faster and will have comfort differences that will also be significant.

    With components, there is little difference in perceptible overall performance between a low level
    group and a high level group. Hence, if a cyclist were to ride a bike with low level components vs.
    a high level components he would not notice any significant differences in performance. At the same
    time, if a good racer had well tuned RSX components in his bike, he will probably do just as well in
    a race as if he had record components. I have seen, and so has everyone else cyclists with low end
    bikes having no problem outperforming cyclists with the best equipment.

    This does not mean that there are no differences. Record components will certainly last a lifetime
    if properly cared for. RSX components will not last as much. Record components will be significantly
    lighter, so a bike with record components will be a lot lighter when you pick it up and it has
    record components. Although, this difference will not be that perceptible while riding. Record
    components will have a much better finish a would look a lot better to the trained eye.

    In essence, record components will last longer, will be lighter and look a lot better. They may
    also have a slightly better feel to some. They also cost a lot more. A more acurate analogy would
    be between rolex and timex. Rolex has better finish and lasts longer. However, timex will perform
    just as well.

    Andres

  6. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "andres muro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > In essence, record components will last longer, will be lighter and look a lot better. They may
    > also have a slightly better feel to some. They also cost a lot more. A more acurate analogy would
    > be between rolex and timex. Rolex has better finish and lasts longer. However, timex will perform
    > just as well.
    >
    > Andres

    Andres Pretty much the point I was making although Rolexes are heavier than Timexes (Timexes, is
    that a word...well it is now) :)

    Stan Cox

  7. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    I put my Dura Ace in the back of my RSX.

    When Honda stopped making a Civic hatchback I had to get the Acura RSX.

    So, go for the Shimano and the RSX. I did.

    -Bruce

  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    RSX is shimano lowest quality. I don't think that line is being made anymore. Record is Campy's
    best. It probably costs 4 to 6 times as much.

    Personally I would not buy anything French. Have you looked at Shimano 105 or Ultegra?

  9. Mike <[email protected]> wrote:

    > RSX is shimano lowest quality. I don't think that line is being made anymore. Record is Campy's
    > best. It probably costs 4 to 6 times as much.
    >
    > Personally I would not buy anything French.

    That's a personal choice obviously, but what the hell does this have to do with Shimano and
    Campagnolo? Campagnolo is as French as Shimano is Chinese.

    -as

  10. Critusa

    Critusa Guest

    What does buying anything French have to do with Campagnolo or Shimano?

    Danny

  11. On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:59:49 -0400, Mike wrote:

    > Record is Campy's best. It probably costs 4 to 6 times as much.
    >
    > Personally I would not buy anything French.

    Campy is Italian. Mavic is French. Confuse the two in France (or Italy) and you might be sporting a
    black eye....

    If you don't want to buy French, you'd better get rid of a bunch of stuff on a bike... They make
    good bike parts. Tires, wheels, etc. You may as well boycott German parts too.

    I remember not too long ago that people didn't want to buy Japanese.... Go figure.

    -Dondo

  12. Antti Salonen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Mike <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>Personally I would not buy anything French.
    >That's a personal choice obviously, but what the hell does this have to do with Shimano and
    >Campagnolo? Campagnolo is as French as Shimano is Chinese.

    You can't expect halfwits to know that...

  13. Harris

    Harris Guest

    Mike <[email protected]> wrote:
    > RSX is shimano lowest quality. I don't think that line is being made anymore. Record is Campy's
    > best. It probably costs 4 to 6 times as much.

    > Personally I would not buy anything French. Have you looked at Shimano 105 or Ultegra?

    Huh? How did France get into this?

    Art Harris

  14. "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in news:FZSpa.3091$%[email protected]:

    > RSX is shimano lowest quality. I don't think that line is being made anymore. Record is Campy's
    > best. It probably costs 4 to 6 times as much.
    >
    > Personally I would not buy anything French.

    Boy you are so knowledgeable...which one is french?

  15. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:FZSpa.3091$%[email protected]...
    > RSX is shimano lowest quality. I don't think that line is being made anymore. Record is Campy's
    > best. It probably costs 4 to 6 times as much.
    >
    > Personally I would not buy anything French. Have you looked at Shimano 105 or Ultegra?

    You're right...go buy American, all the time. That way, after the Chinese designers get the prints
    over to the Taiwanese manufacturing plant before final assembly in Mexico, you've paid for the
    dinner of a couple white guys in suits.

    Chris

  16. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    Captain Dondo <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I remember not too long ago that people didn't want to buy Japanese.... Go figure.

    I don't. But until someone (country) comes out with something better (functionality, durability and
    value), I guess I will continue to buy Toyota's and Honda's.

  17. Andres Muro

    Andres Muro Guest

    [email protected] (CritUSA) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > What does buying anything French have to do with Campagnolo or Shimano?
    >
    > Danny

    Actually, economists estimate that when you spend monies in a community it switches hands three or
    four times impacting everyone within that community. So, you buy campy record, Tulio gets the bucks,
    and takes a trip to France (part of the European community) and spends the bucks there, and that's
    it. The French will have monies to build mirages, exocets and other weapons of mass destruction!!!

    Down with the italians, they speak a romance language and are part of the same european community.

    Think about it, what kind of $$$ do italians use? Euros and the French? Euros

    and sadam switched to euros to trade with the french. Campagnolo, saddam, france, mavic, shimano,
    north korea are the axis of evil.

    Andres

  18. Andres Muro

    Andres Muro Guest

    Ok, Tullio Jr. or Viccenzo? Gino? Tony? Franscesco?

    I will not give my $$$ to any of those french lovers. but I cannot give my money to shimano. I don't
    support N. Korea.

    andres

    news:<[email protected]>...