Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

How exactly does the shifter for an Ultegra FD work?

Started by sergen · · Last activity · 1 post · 683 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
10 December 2005
Last activity
10 December 2005
Original author
sergen
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
683
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've noticed riding my new bike over the last week that there seems to be something strange about the way my shimano ultegra levers operate the FD. I have a triple chainring on the bike and 10 speed 12-25 on the back. I notice that when I change from one chainring to the next I sometimes need to give the FD lever a secondary click.

    For example, if I'm in 52x17 and want to change into 39x17 in preparation for an approaching increase in gradient, after clicking the lever I sometimes need to give it a second 'mini-click' to get the chain to avoid rubbing against the chain cage. Please note that this 2nd click is not a full click, which would take me onto a 30x17 - the only way I can describe it is a 'mini-click' that keeps me on the same chainring but helps avoid chain rub against the chain cage. Is this normal? How exactly are you supposed to use the 'mini-click' system?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.