How far...

>How far...do you have to run to be happy?

Far enough to "fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds'
worth of distance run."

>How far...do you have to run to be happy?

Far enough to "fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds'
worth of distance run."

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:16:19 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anywhere from not at all to a few miles, depending on who
>I'm with at the time.

Je understandeth not, mon ami.

The question was not related to companions nor to any
particular place or time. For a fan of the scientific
method, you sure do seem averse to answering a simple
question in a direct manner.

On 10 Mar 2004 18:43:09 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

>>How far...do you have to run to be happy?

>Far enough to "fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds'
>worth of distance run."

I *knew* I could depend on you for an intelligent answer.

On 10 Mar 2004 18:43:09 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

>>How far...do you have to run to be happy?

>Far enough to "fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds'
>worth of distance run."

I *knew* I could depend on you for an intelligent answer.

"Sebastian Ovett" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
> ...do you have to run to be happy?

If I'm doing a longer-type run, I find (as many do) I fall
into agroove about 35 - 40 minutes into it. I guess you
could call this "happy". It certainly feels great.

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
insecure people are the ones you see, putting other people

On 10 Mar 2004 18:50:13 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

>>I *knew* I could depend on you for an intelligent answer.

>With apologies to Rudyard Kipling...

Yeah, I knew that. Point is, how many other rec.runners did?

We really must conduct a survey on the educational
attainments of this band of brothers, though I suspect that
most will live on the wrong side of the bell shaped curve.

Does that sound elitist? Sorry, I'm actually an inclusive-sort-of-
guy at heart.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:47:35 -0500, "SwStudio"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Sebastian Ovett" <[email protected]>
>wrote in message
>> ...do you have to run to be happy?
>
>If I'm doing a longer-type run, I find (as many do) I fall
>into agroove about 35 - 40 minutes into it. I guess you
>could call this "happy". It certainly feels great.
>
>cheers,

D'ya think he knows it's me?

In article <[email protected]>, Carlos Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:16:19 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Anywhere from not at all to a few miles, depending on who
>>I'm with at the time.
>
> Je understandeth not, mon ami.
>
> The question was not related to companions nor to any
> particular place or time.

There's an old story about the philosophy department at the
university of Melbourne where I studied for my undergraduate
degree (I don't know if it's truth or legend). The
philosophy department had apparently given identical
questions on an exam paper in consecutive years, and were
called on it.

Their response was "yes, but the answers are different
this year".

> For a fan of the scientific method,

Sometimes I tire of Occam's razor and grow some stubble.

> you sure do seem averse to answering a simple question in
> a direct manner.

Not averse, just lazy.

Cheers,

On 10 Mar 2004 19:00:50 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

>>Yeah, I knew that. Point is, how many other
>>rec.runners did?
>
>Oh, I'd bet that many runners have found some inspiration
>from "If." It's the sort of thing that would generally
>appeal to people who reject the value of sitting on their
>butt marking time. Or, is that your point?

See? If I let you ramble for a while you get there in
the end :)