How good are the latest air-free, flat-free tubes and tires?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jack Blake, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. Jack Blake

    Jack Blake Guest

    I understand this technology is changing rapidly. Any recent users reports?

    Tags:

  2. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Jack Blake wrote:
    > I understand this technology is changing rapidly. Any recent users
    > reports?

    I carry an air-free tube with me at all times. (Air-free tires are in a
    pile in garage.)

    Bill "HTH" S.

  3. AustinMN

    AustinMN Guest

    Jack Blake wrote:
    >I understand this technology is changing rapidly. Any recent users reports?

    The only thing changing rapidly is the people marketing the nonsense.

    Pneumatic (sp) tires replaced air-free tires along time ago, for one
    reason...pneumatic tires are better. Going back to air-free tires is like
    turning back the clock 120 years.

    Austin

  4. SARAH SHARP

    SARAH SHARP Guest

    "Jack Blake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I understand this technology is changing rapidly. Any recent users

    reports?

    I have used "No-Mor-Flats" brand tires for a suburban
    commute for eight months and 1500 miles.
    I have had no problems of any kind with the rims,
    spokes, hubs or tires. My goal was to avoid roadside
    maintenence at 6am and 10 degrees Farenheidt (sp?).

    The important issue seems to be that the tire, tube and
    the rim must fit each other very closely. This takes some
    trial and tribulation to achieve. They are a stiffer,
    less comfortable ride. They are a little heavier.
    The trade-off is not freezing my digits on the winter
    commute to work and the trivial weight saved leaving
    the patch kit and pump at home. They work very well for me.

    Keith Cullen