how good are these cranks?

warlord14

Guest
i just got a replacement pair of cranks from unicycle.com and they sent
me a different pair from wut i had so wut i want to know is are QU-AX
114mm pedals any good because im 230 pounds and im starting to do
street riding and i just bought a pair of Premo pedals that i don't
want to rune so any feed back would be kool.:D

--
warlord14

Depends on what you're comparing them to as well? What was it you
ordered? It might be worth your while sending them back? (unless they
sent you better/more expensive ones by mistake! ;) )

I started out with Qu-Ax ISIS 114 on my freestyle profi...but because
I'm a n00b I hadn't tightened the pedals enough and I wrecked the
thread so they only got 3 days of light use (but were good for that).

I replaced them with these: http://tinyurl.com/yokgxv in 125mm form.

I've taken them on some light muni and light hops and they are good
enough for me (as a beginner, and only weighing 120ish lbs) but not
sure how well they'd hold up under heavy use.

--
net_hippy

Sometimes I touch myself at night and think about me...

http://www.willwemakeit.com/africanpanda

I just got some Qu-ax 114's for my Coker (square taper) and they're
beautiful. I think they're great.

If you weigh 230 and you're doing Street riding with a square taper
axle, you have to either keep it very mild, or expect cranks to
eventually bend/hubs to break. These look like very fine cranks though.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"

johnfoss wrote:
> I just got some Qu-ax 114's for my Coker (square taper) and they're
> beautiful. I think they're great.

I'm running the 125 ST version on my 36 and the ISIS version on my
hockey uni. Both are fantastic for their respective uses, but for
street would be questinoable.

--
kington99

Dave