How Hot Is IT ?????

rosie

Guest
I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
Texas !!!

Rosie

On 7 Apr 2006 16:05:14 -0700, "rosie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
>a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
>Texas !!!

It's 49F here in southern Minnesota. The past couple of days, it's
been in the mid-60s.

I'd much rather have our weather than yours, Rosie. I'd die in that
kind of heat. (As we speak, a PayPal account is being opened for the
purpose of collecting funds to purchase a one-way plane trip from
Minnesota to Texas.)

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

rosie wrote:
> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio
> sets a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98.....
> Fabulous Texas !!!
>
> Rosie

Nice and cool here with the storms and all. Only got to about 80F today but
not humid which makes all the difference.

Jill

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 7 Apr 2006 16:05:14 -0700, "rosie" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> >a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> >Texas !!!

> It's 49F here in southern Minnesota. The past couple of days, it's
> been in the mid-60s.
>
> I'd much rather have our weather than yours, Rosie. I'd die in that
> kind of heat. (As we speak, a PayPal account is being opened for the
> purpose of collecting funds to purchase a one-way plane trip from
> Minnesota to Texas.)
>
> Carol
> -- How bout we split the difference ?? That would be good for both of us.. This is going to be a long long summer.

Maybe a few icy cold Margaritas would help.....
Rosie

> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> Texas !!!
>
> Rosie

Only got up to about 88 degrees here in the Houston burbs. Usually the
temps are about the same as San Antonio... except it's more humid here.

Chris in Pearland, TX

On 7 Apr 2006 16:05:14 -0700, "rosie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
>a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
>Texas !!!

It's only 88F 80 miles north of there.

-sw

jmcquown wrote on 07 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> rosie wrote:
> > I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio
> > sets a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98.....
> > Fabulous Texas !!!
> >
> > Rosie

> Nice and cool here with the storms and all. Only got to about 80F
> today but not humid which makes all the difference.
>
> Jill

Shortly the rest of the snow will be gone from my yard....Highs in the low
40's again today. River crested yesterday and will again around the 19th
when the Water from USA gets here from N Dakota.

--
-Alan

Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> jmcquown wrote on 07 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> rosie wrote:
>> > I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio
>> > sets a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98.....
>> > Fabulous Texas !!!
>> >
>> > Rosie

>> Nice and cool here with the storms and all. Only got to about 80F
>> today but not humid which makes all the difference.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Shortly the rest of the snow will be gone from my yard....Highs in the
> low 40's again today. River crested yesterday and will again around
> the 19th when the Water from USA gets here from N Dakota.

Yesterday's storms/tornadoes that passed through Tennesssee are going to
pass over Pennsylvania today. One inch of rain possible. But no tornadoes,
but I'm not a weatherperson.

Just have my radio transmitters/scanners/flashlights/batteries/generator
and lots of water and sterno stoves and related supplies secured away. Your
hot water heater is a well known source of fresh water if it's above a
flood line in your home. Just shut down the the feed line switch so you
don't get contaminated water in the supply as you fill up gallon tanks of
water.

Andy
Not to mention 1000+ rounds of ammunition and a few shotguns (as a last
resort) to defend you and your family's lives from invasion.

"rosie" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
news:[email protected]:

> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> Texas !!!
>
> Rosie

It was about 80 degrees yesterday with a high of 56 predicted for today.
One never knows what the temp is going to be here.

Michael

--
"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

--Calvin Trillin

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:05:14 -0700, rosie wrote:

> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> Texas !!!
>
> Rosie

TODAY in San Antonio it will be a high of 79 with a low of 49. Ain't
Texas weather GREAT!

jay wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:05:14 -0700, rosie wrote:
>
> > I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> > a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> > Texas !!!
> >
> > Rosie

> TODAY in San Antonio it will be a high of 79 with a low of 49. Ain't
> Texas weather GREAT!

Ought to be wonderful!! Woke a few minutes ago and it was 53
Degrees!!! This South Texas weather is strange.....

Rosie

jay wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:05:14 -0700, rosie wrote:
>
> > I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> > a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> > Texas !!!
> >
> > Rosie

> TODAY in San Antonio it will be a high of 79 with a low of 49. Ain't
> Texas weather GREAT!

Wow, this morning in Toronto it's minus 4 with a windchill factor of
minus 11 Celcius which is 12 degrees Fahrenheit. And all the tulips
are already up and the trees are in bud. Send us some of your heat...
Biff

"Mr Libido Incognito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> jmcquown wrote on 07 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> rosie wrote:
>> > I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio
>> > sets a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98.....
>> > Fabulous Texas !!!
>> >
>> > Rosie

>> Nice and cool here with the storms and all. Only got to about 80F
>> today but not humid which makes all the difference.
>>
>> Jill

> Shortly the rest of the snow will be gone from my yard....Highs in the
> low
> 40's again today. River crested yesterday and will again around the 19th
> when the Water from USA gets here from N Dakota.

> -Alan

Hi yesterday in VA east of D.C. was 77 -- great weather. Today high will be
49. It's rainy and the house is dark inside at 11:00am and the furnace is
running. Chilly. No matter, April is my month!
Dee Dee

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "rosie" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio
>> sets a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98.....
>> Fabulous Texas !!!
>>
>> Rosie
>>

> It was about 80 degrees yesterday with a high of 56 predicted for
> today. One never knows what the temp is going to be here.
>
> Michael

It's the storms. Yesterday I had the windows open to about 80F but this
morning I had to turn on the heat. Spring has sprung!

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> It's the storms. Yesterday I had the windows open to about 80F but this
> morning I had to turn on the heat. Spring has sprung!

Last week we thought it was going to be spring. Then the temperature dropped
and we had some snow the other day. Today it's been sitting on 0C all
morning, and being early afternoon now, I am not counting on it turning
balmy today.

But it looks good for next week :)

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:01:34 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Shortly the rest of the snow will be gone from my yard....Highs in the low
>40's again today. River crested yesterday and will again around the 19th
>when the Water from USA gets here from N Dakota.

Water travels north from ND?

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 08 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Water travels north from ND?

Yes...The red river feeds into Lake Winnipeg then up thru that to Hudson
Bay. That's why there's a big stink about the Devil's Lake Deversion
Project...It would tie the Mississipi water shed to the Red river water
shed....Effecting the watershed linked as far as the Rockies.

--
-Alan

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 01:28:52 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 08 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Water travels north from ND?

>Yes...The red river feeds into Lake Winnipeg then up thru that to Hudson
>Bay. That's why there's a big stink about the Devil's Lake Deversion
>Project...It would tie the Mississipi water shed to the Red river water
>shed....Effecting the watershed linked as far as the Rockies.

Wow, ya learn something new every day. I've only known about water
flowing south on this continent. I should have paid better attention
in school!

Thanks!
Carol
--

rosie wrote:
> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> Texas !!!
>
> Rosie

Found this joke through Google:

"Summertime in... Texas

May 30
Just moved to Texas. Now this is a state that knows how to live!!
Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts
blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on
blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an
air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to
see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun
worshipper.

June 30th
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus
and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another
scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used
to it? It is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th
Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.)
Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson
though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th
I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this
morning.
By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, Tabby had swollen up to
the size of a shopping bag and exploded all over $2,000 worth of
leather
upholstery. I told the kids she ran away. The car now smells like
Kibbles and ****. No more pets in this heat!

July 25th
Dry heat, my ass. Hot is hot!! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz
and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to
order parts.

July 30th
Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,500 in damn
house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug 4th
115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500
and gets the temperature down to about 90. I hate this state!

Aug 8th
If another wise ass cracks, "Hot enough for you today?", I'm going to
tear his throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator
is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like Roasted
Tabby!!

Aug 10th
The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and sunny.
It's
been too hot for two damn months and the weatherman says it might
really
warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren damn desert??
Water rationing has been in effect all summer, so $1,700 worth of
cactus
just dried up and blew into the #@*&$!% pool. Even a cactus can't live
in
this heat.

Aug 14th
Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today. Forgot to crack the
window and blew the windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came
to fix
it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the
$1,500 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug 30th
Worst day of the damn summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon
rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell.
The
Lincoln is now floating somewhere in Mexico with its new $500
windshield.
That does it, we're moving to Illinois for some peace and quiet."

;-)

-Rusty

"rosie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll tell you how hot it is, a new record, 99 degrees, San Antonio sets
> a new record.--- I will admit up here it is a balmy 98..... Fabulous
> Texas !!!
>
> Rosie

The hottest it has been here was in the summer of last year is was 44
degrees C that's (counts on fingers) 111 F and it was fairly humid not dry
desert type heat. We were in a crappy rented house at the time with no
aircon and no insulation and a very stylish dark grey (ie heat absorbing)
roof! The benchtops in the kitchen and the sheets on the bed were hot to
the touch. You can't do anything but lay about and drink ice water.

David