How hotdogs are made

I always thought they were just bologna logs. FYI, if you want some real insight into meat making circa the early-ish 1900's in Chicago, read Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle". It's a jaunty gastronomic tale full of storybook characters and romance........or something.

Judging by that sceen capture, I'm afraid watching the video might make me afraid to eat another hotdog.

danfoz said:
Judging by that sceen capture, I'm afraid watching the video might make me afraid to eat another hotdog.
That would be bad. It would be like being afraid of breathing.

Hotdogs are really not healthy because it's basically fat and meat trimmings with a lot of artificial flavorings and msg not to mention a ridiculous amount of sodium. It looks good and even tastes great but in reality eating it regularly can cause you a heart attack.

As someone who grew up in America, I don’t want to imagine a world where I can’t eat hotdogs anymore. That being said, hotdogs don’t necessarily have to be that junk that you get from the shady cart vendor on the corner in New York City—although those can still hit the spot, sometimes.

Since I’ve started living in a rural town, I’ve gotten into making my own salamis, sausages, and even my own hotdogs. The process isn’t all that different from making homemade sausages, and the flavor is just out of this world. It’s both tastier and healthier since you can use the best cuts of meat and not the stuff they throw away and turn into pink sludge.

A lot of processed meat really doesn't look appealing to see how they're prepared and sourced from, but they taste so damn good lol.

I think that creating your own artisan sausages and other processed meats is the best method in securing that what you're eating has good quality and healthy. Commercial hotdogs nowadays are churning up tasty health bombs which clogs up the arteries and get people fat.