how is dry cereal made? (feb)

Kilroy Bass

Guest
just how is dry cereal made? i'm referring to dry cereal such as life, cheerios, chex. is it deep
fried like potato chips, baked like a cookie or a pretzel?

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow Kilroy Bass
rambled on about "how is dry cereal made? (feb)." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition
retorts, thusly ...

>just how is dry cereal made? i'm referring to dry cereal such as life, cheerios, chex. is it deep
>fried like potato chips, baked like a cookie or a pretzel?

Post your question in sci.bio.food-science

"Kilroy Bass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> just how is dry cereal made? i'm referring to dry cereal such as life, cheerios, chex. is it deep
> fried like potato chips, baked like a cookie or a pretzel?

The most important thing one can say about these foods is "Don't eat them!". The best of the dry
cereals is Fiber One, which has a calorie density of 2 and zero sugars. The venal Atkins empire
makes "low carb" dry cereals; they have a calorie density of 3 and 1-2 grams of sugar and they are
VERY expensive, like all the Atkins low-carb junk food. Dry cereals may also contain acrylimides.