how is dry cereal made? (feb)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kilroy Bass, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Kilroy Bass

    Kilroy Bass Guest

    just how is dry cereal made? i'm referring to dry cereal such as life, cheerios, chex. is it deep
    fried like potato chips, baked like a cookie or a pretzel?

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow Kilroy Bass
    rambled on about "how is dry cereal made? (feb)." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition
    retorts, thusly ...

    >just how is dry cereal made? i'm referring to dry cereal such as life, cheerios, chex. is it deep
    >fried like potato chips, baked like a cookie or a pretzel?

    Post your question in sci.bio.food-science

  3. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

  4. "Kilroy Bass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > just how is dry cereal made? i'm referring to dry cereal such as life, cheerios, chex. is it deep
    > fried like potato chips, baked like a cookie or a pretzel?

    The most important thing one can say about these foods is "Don't eat them!". The best of the dry
    cereals is Fiber One, which has a calorie density of 2 and zero sugars. The venal Atkins empire
    makes "low carb" dry cereals; they have a calorie density of 3 and 1-2 grams of sugar and they are
    VERY expensive, like all the Atkins low-carb junk food. Dry cereals may also contain acrylimides.

  5. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest