how Jesus swapped a jumper for some plates at M&S

the14thdisciple

Guest
As you know, Jesus was of the Jewish Persuasion and was loath to waste
an opportunity for proft. Imagine his joy therefore upon discovering
that the Picnic Set he'd had his eye on in Marks & Sparks front window
had been reduced in price during the Winter sale.

Jesus bought to mind the horrid jumper he'd recieved as a Christmas
gift from an admirer. He winced as he considered that not even Val
Doonigan would be caught wearing such a thing to his own crucifiction.
The jumper, thought Jesus, might prove the mechanism with which he
could acquire the desired Picnic Set. Wouldn't it come in so handy
during those trips to the Wilderness ...?

Jesus quickly gathered up the jumper into a disused Marks & Spencers
bag and rushed into town, quickly arriving at the returns desk. Oh no!
He suddenly realised he didn't have a reciept! No time to sort it out
now, he was next in the queue. Jesus resolved he'd just have to blush
his way through.

"It was eaten by my donkey" he said casually as the woman behind the
counter enquired about the reciept.

"Oh that's no problem sir" she replied "we get a lot of returns at this
time of year, now would you prefer cash or a swap-option?"

Jesus could hardy contain his excitement.

"I WANT THE PLATES! THE ONES IN THE WINDOW!!" he shouted. The woman
turned and looked in the direction he was pointing. Indeed, a set of
Picnic plates stood in the display rack, and below them a sign which
read 'SALE: Summer star saver - Picnic Unit, 17,99). The clark
consulted her price list and checked for the original selling price of
the jumper. "... Well that's certainly possible, sir, but there is a
discrepancy value of almost 10 pounds ..."

Jesus Wept. He was so close to his dream but - alas - had no cash! He
smiled politely at the clerk behind the desk and began sadly to gather
up the jumper.

"Then it's no use" he said. "Sadly the Picnic Set is out of my reach
for I have not 10 pounds to add to the worth of the jumper ..."

"No, no sir, you misunderstand!" interjected the clerk, "the jumper is
worth MORE than the picnic set. I mean you can have the Picnic Set and
also choose from our remaining range of almost 70,000 items".

It was almost as if he could hear angels singing. As the truth dawned
upon Jesus, tears welled in his eyes as he surveyed the crowds of
smiling people, all happy and sharing with him the acquisition of his
coveted plates.

Jesus walked from the store a very happy man, and remembered to thank
his father, God, for making this such a lucky day.

So shall it be in the beginning, during the middle, and evermore as we
approach the end of it.

loaf Form yoar old freand 14
http://www.littleboxes.nl/the14thdisciple

> Jesus walked from the store a very happy man, and remembered to thank
> his father, God, for making this such a lucky day.

Did he have a bob-yak ? The plates must have been awkward with
panniers, even with lots of padding..
TerryJ

[email protected] schreef:

> > Jesus walked from the store a very happy man, and remembered to thank
> > his father, God, for making this such a lucky day.

> Did he have a bob-yak ? The plates must have been awkward with
> panniers, even with lots of padding..
> TerryJ

well As hugh probberley know, Mister jonnest, Jeasus had a donkey and
thearfoar needed NO additional luggage space becasue donkeys hafe a
special pouch whear they keep thear young but - upon thoase times when
they hafe NOT got no young - it is perfictley ledgible to stoar yoar
belongings in thear instead.

thank Hugh four arseking.

loaf Form 14
http://www.littleboxes.nl/the14thdisciple