How light is your bike? Poll!

My SSHM was at 14.1 lbs with cages and pedals (52).....SOLD.
My Wilier Superleggera is currently at 14.5 lbs with cages and pedals (54)
My Tarmac SL3 is currently at 15.01 lbs with cages and pedals (54)

Me: 5'8" and 140 lbs. Would love to see if I can get the Superleggera in the 13 lb. category /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif But, the funds are going to home projects at this point in time.

My delightful Merida Road race 903 comes in at 20.2 pounds, not that you would notice it going downhill :D

Look 566 obviously. :)

18 lbs. with pedals and two bottle gages. More with pump and tool bag.

Soon to be a pound less with Ksyrium SL wheels and Gator Hardshell folding tires.

Scott CR1 Comp weighting in at 18.0 lb with pedals, cages and bag. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

When I normalize the weight of my Look 595 by the force it exerts on a road with a slope of zero, I get 1, and the weight ends up being unitless. If I binned my wheels and put Ksyrium SLs on it--which could only be done if I were held at gun point--the non-normalized weight would go up.

That bike "Kuya Kim" got from Primo Cycles weighs just 15.4 lbs!!! He lifted it w/ one finger. wow!

15.8lbs ready to ride on my S-Works Venge with temporary Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels; while I wait for my permanent wheels to come in.

Originally Posted by alienator .

When I normalize the weight of my Look 595 by the force it exerts on a road with a slope of zero, I get 1, and the weight ends up being unitless. If I binned my wheels and put Ksyrium SLs on it--which could only be done if I were held at gun point--the non-normalized weight would go up.
Your funny.

Here is my little beauty. she is just under 15lbs with the aluminum SRAM S30AL sprint wheels, Full SRAM RED BLACK Groupo, and Cateye V3 CPU onboard. I plan to upgrade to some SRAM Racing wheels in the future, when I finally get in good enough condition to try a race. Im 39 and just getting back into cycling after 20+ years. Its hard work at first but man there is not better feeling than after you get off the bike and the blood is pumping thru your body and you legs feel like they are six inches larger than before. WOW what a powerful feeling! Anyway, I will quit rambling and show you the bike:

c72df1fb.jpg

Weight. Weenies. The words make a great alliteration.

Like most of us weenies I have several bikes, Ti, steel, Al, and a disposable (carbon fiber). Weights range from 17-29 pounds. The best all-rounder is the carbon fiber at about 21 pounds ready to ride with a small seat bag and cages for three bottles as well as a couple of small lights for those foggy mornings or shaded valleys. 32-spoke wheels are nice and strong and 25c tires improve the all-day ride but it still climbs well thanks to an Apex build.

The more important question is "What do YOU weigh and what kind of condition are you it?" Light bikes are fine and all but the lighter the bike the more often it will need TLC (read: repair and adjustment). Also a light bike is not going to be as stable and forgiving especially on descents. 19-21 pounds ready to ride is a good real-world weight for bike that is going to be ridden often and hard.

Originally Posted by doiturself .

The more important question is "What do YOU weigh and what kind of condition are you it?" Light bikes are fine and all but the lighter the bike the more often it will need TLC (read: repair and adjustment). Also a light bike is not going to be as stable and forgiving especially on descents. 19-21 pounds ready to ride is a good real-world weight for bike that is going to be ridden often and hard.
Ok. Go ahead and prove this claim about stability. Also, your claim about a "good real-world weight for a bike" has no factual basis, but I guess it's a mantra you live by.

19 or so Scattante AL/carbon.
30 easy - 1997 Trek hybrid - thank god it has a triple crankset

Hi Max. Which part of the world are you in. I am in England and in the North West, in the County of Lancashire.
When I joined this forum I had no real idea how far afield some of the subscribers are. There seems to be a great many in the USA.Is it a USA based forum?.