how long do you ride a day?

I live in the mountains in Northern Colorado, so I imagine that I probably have more trail options than most. My rides usually range between 12 and 65 miles, at elevations between 8500 and 13000 feet. Tho am training to do the Telluride- Moab ride (206 miles) over two days in October- I expect a high degree of suffering for toward the end on that...
jefe

I ride 25 miles after work every other day on my MTB, tar and dirt. On the weekends I try to get a 40 to 50 mile ride in. I only have a hardtail but want to get a nice road bike. I do enjoy the benefits of back road riding tho. And its nice to be able to go hard offroad if the mood should strike.

I've been riding 7 days a week a min. of 10 miles a day and 1 40 mile ride every sunday.

I just started climbing our local ski mtn. road (paved) bout 5 miles up 2 or 3 times a week I LOVE THE UPHILL

Originally posted by Tutor17
Most of my rides are between 30 and 70km a day
top speed ever- 60.7 kmph
avg. speed-15 to 30 kmph
mtb 19'' frame, front suspension, wheels 26'', tires 1.95''
... almoust forgot... the country is BELARUS!

Where do you live in Belarus? I'm from the states but spend several months a year in Ukraine, close to the Belarus border. Where do you ride usually?

i usually ride at least 5times a week and usually do around 15-18miles a day cross country but sometimes more. but now its dark here early in wet wales i'm cutting down a bit but thinking about getting a good light set and riding in the dark.

I usually ride 25 miles on most days. Sometimes I stay on a paved hike and bike trail and average 18mph. Off road varies obviously depending on the conditions. I had to walk my bike through knee high water back in the woods Friday! It rained all last week. That was fun!

I just got a road bike so I have been riding it more.

I live in hilly Sydney. 17.5km workbound averaging 25km/hr, 19.5km homeward bound averaging 21-22km/hr. Where I work is clsoe to sea level, while home is on top of a ridge, so I have an extra hill in the evenings. Total riding time roughly 95 minutes daily, 4 times a week on a slick-tyred MTB. Oh, top speed ever this morning southbound down The Spit hill at 71km/hr.

j.r.hawkins said:
I live in hilly Sydney. 17.5km workbound averaging 25km/hr, 19.5km homeward bound averaging 21-22km/hr. Where I work is clsoe to sea level, while home is on top of a ridge, so I have an extra hill in the evenings. Total riding time roughly 95 minutes daily, 4 times a week on a slick-tyred MTB. Oh, top speed ever this morning southbound down The Spit hill at 71km/hr.
I thought I was a nut riding down the Pacific Highway; especially navigating the wonderful mess at the corner with Epping Rd. The Spit hill? :eek: You be crazy!!! Don't know which is worse; the Spit or going down to Roseville bridge from Forestville.
BTW; about 40km round trip. Weekends can vary from a few kms to 80 or so.

1id10t said:
I thought I was a nut riding down the Pacific Highway; especially navigating the wonderful mess at the corner with Epping Rd. The Spit hill? :eek: You be crazy!!! Don't know which is worse; the Spit or going down to Roseville bridge from Forestville.
BTW; about 40km round trip. Weekends can vary from a few kms to 80 or so.
The good thing about The Spit at the times I travel it is the Transit Lane means traffic is limited mostly to buses, which have a limit imposed on them of 30km/hr down hill. It sucks if you get caught behind one, but you have to worry about very few cars.

The second good thing is that for the slow (very slow!) uphill leg is that you have an alternate route away from the traffic in both directions: Parriwi Road citybound, and Battle Boulevarde outbound.

Citybound in the mornings I'm travelling as fast if not faster than most of the traffic, so I rarely cop abuse or get squeezed.

j.r.hawkins said:
The good thing about The Spit at the times I travel it is the Transit Lane means traffic is limited mostly to buses, which have a limit imposed on them of 30km/hr down hill. It sucks if you get caught behind one, but you have to worry about very few cars.

The second good thing is that for the slow (very slow!) uphill leg is that you have an alternate route away from the traffic in both directions: Parriwi Road citybound, and Battle Boulevarde outbound.

Citybound in the mornings I'm travelling as fast if not faster than most of the traffic, so I rarely cop abuse or get squeezed.
Guess it sounds similar to my trip down the highway; no transit lane but am able to keep apace with the traffic at certain points or otherwise not impede the motorists too much. No fast downhill though unless, when going home, I count Fullers Rd at Chatswood.

Distance for me is always relevant to terain,elevation plus personal fitness
I ride 10km uphill to a point we call the lookout.It climbs from sea levle to 450 meters.On my best run i've made it 50 MIN to the top and 13 min down a round trop of 1h:03.normally we are happy with a round trip of 1h:20
I looked at some ride times i recorded a couple of years ago and the same ride used to take me 2h:00 ridding time not counting rest stops.
Below some views from the view from the top

When the weather is good (unlike today) I usually can get in 20 miles 3 days a week. It's flat ground, so not a lot of work. On the weekends I usually do a climb or two with friends. Usually about 4 miles up and 4 down, gaining about 1100 ft elevation. I'm always working to improve my climbing time. The last week I did the climb three days in a row - I was tired after the third day. Once a month I do a 40 mile and I try to do one longer. This last week I did an 80. I'm going to do my first century in the next month.

Commutes Ran 18-20 Miles/day Until I Moved To A New Location -- Now, About 5. Fun Rides On Days Off I Don't Measure In Miles, But Hours -- Anywhere From 2 To 5, Depending On Weather, Route, Etc. All Of These Are On Fs/xc, Fat Tires, And At Least Part Of It Through Traffic