How long does wreckage stay on the,street before the police take

Jon, I shot the picture in Paris (France).
The city owns the streets. The local law says
the police are in charge of removing wreckage.
They obviously have other priorities.
Now, I should rephrase my question and make
it more general. How about:
"How long does wreckage stay on the street
before the people in charge of removing
it (whoever they are) do the job? (in your
city?)

[email protected] wrote:
> Jon, I shot the picture in Paris (France).
> The city owns the streets. The local law says
> the police are in charge of removing wreckage.
> They obviously have other priorities.
> Now, I should rephrase my question and make
> it more general. How about:
> "How long does wreckage stay on the street
> before the people in charge of removing
> it (whoever they are) do the job? (in your
> city?)

Oh yeah, i forgot to answer that part. Up in
Copenhagen, Denmark it depends on what part
of the city. But several month's are not uncommon.

JonB

Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Jon, I shot the picture in Paris (France).
>> The city owns the streets. The local law says
>> the police are in charge of removing wreckage.
>> They obviously have other priorities.
>> Now, I should rephrase my question and make
>> it more general. How about:
>> "How long does wreckage stay on the street
>> before the people in charge of removing
>> it (whoever they are) do the job? (in your
>> city?)

> Oh yeah, i forgot to answer that part. Up in
> Copenhagen, Denmark it depends on what part
> of the city. But several month's are not uncommon.

In parts of the US, the bicycle would be there for years, unless someone
wanted to steal the remaining parts.

In Germany, the bicycle would be gone within a couple of days, if not
hours - it is the cleanest country I have ever been in.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people." A. Derleth