How long has it been for Lance Armstrong?

inquisitiveman2

Guest
How long has he been racing at Tour De France? I remember back in the late 80's when Greg LeMond won
several races that there was a cyclist with a last name of Armstrong who was racing. That
"Armstrong" would never do well. Was this Lance or someone else? Thanks.

Darren

On 9 Jul 2003 20:33:33 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>How long has he been racing at Tour De France? I remember back in the late 80's when Greg LeMond
>won several races that there was a cyclist with a last name of Armstrong who was racing. That
>"Armstrong" would never do well. Was this Lance or someone else? Thanks.
>
>Darren

IIRC, Armstrong did participate in one (maybe two) tours while Lemond while still racing in the
Tour. I don't think he finished any tours while Lemond was racing though,

Of course I could be wrong.

And that was pre-cancer Lance. After his recovery, I think you could classify him as a differnet
Lance than prior to his cancer. He came on STRONG.

Lance turned pro directly after the 1992 Olympics. He placed around 15th in the last men's RR to be
closed to the pros. His first pro race was the Clasica San Sebastian. IIRC, he finished last and the
he won the race the next year.

news:[email protected]...

From: http://tdf.olntv.com/ retro

Lemond was not selected in 1993 and raced in 1994 and was DNF.

Armstrong raced in 1993 where he took a stage with the USPro star n stripes jersey. He also raced in
1994 with the rainbow jersey. In 1995 he raced for the first time with a team jersey and won a stage
dedicated to his team mate, Casartelli that was killed several days prior. Casartelli is also the
gold medalist that won in Barcelona where Armstrong finished circa 15th.