how long have you been away from your bike?

Roberto badgio

Nov 8, 2004
Ok. . . how long is the longest period you havent done any cycling been? (since you strarted seriously cycling that is)

As, I currently havent ridden my bike for over a month now. . . (that's really bad isn't it!)

A combination of just got new tyres, but one of them was the wrong size, and had to wait 2 weeks to replace it. . . and there has been snow. . . and I have moved house, and my bike is at my old house still (only 5 miles away) (hopefully getting it saturday). . . and also I now work mon-fri 9-5 and it's dark in the evenings. . .

Im putting on weight.. . . I need to get back out there! but now i will have to think of some new routes. . .

3 days is the longest I have been without my bike. I wont go on vacation anymore if my bike cant come with me. Im starting to think I have problems though, I wash and wax it weakly, ive named it eleanor (gone in 60 seconds), and it stays in my room. Skipped out on a trip to Hawii because of it...

Ill admit, I have a problem...

silent926 said:
3 days is the longest I have been without my bike. I wont go on vacation anymore if my bike cant come with me. Im starting to think I have problems though, I wash and wax it weakly, ive named it eleanor (gone in 60 seconds), and it stays in my room. Skipped out on a trip to Hawii because of it...

Ill admit, I have a problem...
Yes, that is quite a problem... You could have brought your bike with you to Hawaii for a cost though, that would actually be pretty sweet. I've gone more than a month without riding my bike because during my winter break I just like to watch movies, play video games, and eat food and that's what I did.

Since I've been training for real (just over a year) the longest I went was 7 days. Several 3-4 day periods though. I just schedule a big block of training right beforehand and just come back stronger.

I just had to go 4 weeks without riding and it was painful. I was stuck out in the bush doing training for work (i'm in the army) and i missed my bike so much. Finally got back on it today and it felt so good... but damn it hurt.