how long keep soy milk

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jw 1111, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. jw 1111

    jw 1111 Guest

    Hi, when i buy soy milk for tescos it says to use within 3 days after
    opening.

    if i put it in a screw top container in a fridge would i be able to keep it
    much longer?

    is it safe to drink if old? many thanks

    Tags:

  2. -L.

    -L. Guest

    jw 1111 wrote:
    > Hi, when i buy soy milk for tescos it says to use within 3 days after
    > opening.
    >
    > if i put it in a screw top container in a fridge would i be able to keep it
    > much longer?
    >
    > is it safe to drink if old? many thanks

    I have kept it a week or more. When it goes off, it smells bad. You
    will know.

    -L.

  3. sd

    sd Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "jw 1111" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi, when i buy soy milk for tescos it says to use within 3 days after
    > opening.
    >
    > if i put it in a screw top container in a fridge would i be able to keep it
    > much longer?
    >
    > is it safe to drink if old? many thanks

    I've kept soy milk in an opened aseptic package for several weeks.
    As the other poster noted, you _will_ know when it's gone off. But
    unless Tesco do something different from most soy milk producers,
    that rule is there to help Tesco sell more soy milk. :)

    sd