How long should it take for an LBS to get a bike?

ReptilesBlade

Guest
The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over two
weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was just
wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to wait.

--
---
END OF LINE.

In article <[email protected]>,
ReptilesBlade <[email protected]> wrote:
>The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over two
>weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was just
>wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to wait.

I wouldn't be suprised if the 2005 models were sold out and the 2006
models were not yet available. This time of year, you're usually better
off buying something that the dealer has in stock (if it fits) since
you can usually get end-of-season closeout prices.

C wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> ReptilesBlade <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over two
>>weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was just
>>wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to wait.

> I wouldn't be suprised if the 2005 models were sold out and the 2006
> models were not yet available. This time of year, you're usually better
> off buying something that the dealer has in stock (if it fits) since
> you can usually get end-of-season closeout prices.

C;
I bought an 06 Trek in Aug.
(No choice, they were SoldOut of 05's).
jmt

jmt <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> C wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> ReptilesBlade <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over
>>>two weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I
>>>was just wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might
>>>have to wait.

>> I wouldn't be suprised if the 2005 models were sold out and the 2006
>> models were not yet available. This time of year, you're usually
>> better off buying something that the dealer has in stock (if it fits)
>> since you can usually get end-of-season closeout prices.

> C;
> I bought an 06 Trek in Aug.
> (No choice, they were SoldOut of 05's).
> jmt

Ok then, when might be a reasonable time to expect them to get it?

--
---
END OF LINE.

http://www.usenet.com

ReptilesBlade wrote:
> jmt <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>C wrote:

>>>I wouldn't be suprised if the 2005 models were sold out and the 2006
>>>models were not yet available. This time of year, you're usually
>>>better off buying something that the dealer has in stock (if it fits)
>>>since you can usually get end-of-season closeout prices.

>>C;
>> I bought an 06 Trek in Aug.
>> (No choice, they were SoldOut of 05's).
>> jmt
>>

> Ok then, when might be a reasonable time to expect them to get it?

Rep;
My shop took 5-6 days, as I recall. They were able to ck it on the
computer to see if it was in stock, etc. I'd think they'd be able to
tell you specifics, esp after 2 wks...
jmt

> The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over
> two
> weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was
> just
> wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to
> wait.

OK, a couple questions.

7500 (with shock) or 7500FX (lighter version without suspension post &
fork)?
What size?
What area of the country do you live?

With that I can run down accurate info for you.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
"ReptilesBlade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over
> two
> weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was
> just
> wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to
> wait.
>
> --
> ---
> END OF LINE.

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in news:DZGXe.387
[email protected]:

>> The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over
>> two
>> weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was
>> just
>> wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to
>> wait.

> OK, a couple questions.
>
> 7500 (with shock) or 7500FX (lighter version without suspension post &
> fork)?
> What size?
> What area of the country do you live?
>
> With that I can run down accurate info for you.
>
> --Mike Jacoubowsky
> Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReaction.com
> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
> "ReptilesBlade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> The reason I am asking is because I purchased a Trek 7500 a little over
>> two
>> weeks ago and the LBS still has not received it form the company. I was
>> just
>> wondering if this is normal and if so how much longer I might have to
>> wait.
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> END OF LINE.

7500 with shocks (I am NOT going to ride an aluminum framed bike on these
shitty streets without shocks).

Size 15 I think.

DeSoto Missouri USA, roughly an hours drive south of St. Louis Missouri.

The LBS is situated in Festus/Crystal City Missouri only 45 minutes drive
south of St. Louis Missouri.

Let me know if you need anything else.

--
---
END OF LINE.

http://www.usenet.com

I took over three week's for my wife's Felt to arrive at the LBS. From what
I have heard, it seems that even manufacturers have had difficulty
maintaining inventory this year.

"jmt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ReptilesBlade wrote:
>> jmt <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>>>C;
>>> I bought an 06 Trek in Aug.
>>> (No choice, they were SoldOut of 05's).
>>> jmt
>>>

>> Ok then, when might be a reasonable time to expect them to get it?

> Rep;
> My shop took 5-6 days, as I recall. They were able to ck it on the
> computer to see if it was in stock, etc. I'd think they'd be able to tell
> you specifics, esp after 2 wks...
> jmt
>

> 7500 with shocks (I am NOT going to ride an aluminum framed bike on these
> shitty streets without shocks).
>
> Size 15 I think.
>
> DeSoto Missouri USA, roughly an hours drive south of St. Louis Missouri.
>
> The LBS is situated in Festus/Crystal City Missouri only 45 minutes drive
> south of St. Louis Missouri.
>
> Let me know if you need anything else.

OK, just checked the dealer website; the only warehouse that presently has
7500s in stock in 15" is California, which is neither your dealer's primary
or secondary warehouse location (meaning that, if he pulled a bike out of
that warehouse, the freight would be pretty expensive, probably adding about
$40 to the cost of the bike).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com