How long to true a wheel?

Elyob

Guest
Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to book
a standard MTB wheel in. (27th July)

Anyone beat this?

"Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> half an hour.
>
> Me.
>
> Get Jobst Brandt's book.

You must be a quick reader ;)

I've rebuilt the wheel, but don't trust my first wheel build
and want it double checked. I read that the note of the
spokes should be F#, but am getting the theme tune from the
Dukes of Hazard instead. :(

elyob wrote:

> I've rebuilt the wheel, but don't trust my first wheel
> build and want it double checked. I read that the note of
> the spokes should be F#, but am getting the theme tune
> from the Dukes of Hazard instead. :(

Seems like a good wheel-truing song to me...

Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

> Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to
> book a standard
MTB
> wheel in. (27th July)
>
> Anyone beat this?

erm.... they're yanking your chain. Surely there must be
another bike shop around?

elyob:
> Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to
> book a standard
MTB
> wheel in. (27th July)

Sods. And I bet they'll charge you an arm and a leg for the
privelege too.

> Anyone beat this?

For delay? I doubt it. That's an extraordinarily long time.

I took my wheels in to my LBS last Thursday lunchtime,
expecting not to have them back before Saturday afternoon,
seeing as they're a busy and very small shop. My wheels wer
back on my bike by Thursday evening.

d.

On Tue, 06 Jul, Jeremy Collins <[email protected]> wrote:
> elyob wrote:
>
> > I've rebuilt the wheel, but don't trust my first wheel
> > build and want it double checked. I read that the note
> > of the spokes should be F#, but am getting the theme
> > tune from the Dukes of Hazard instead. :(
>
> Seems like a good wheel-truing song to me...
>
> Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...

If I knew teh words to the dukes of hazard theme tune,
I'd worry.

But on topic, just ride the wheel. Ride it not too far from
home, but give it a good work-out (dunno, ride down some
stairs as speed, bunny-hop some park benches or something).
If it stays true, it was a good build and you can trust it
further afield. If not, at least it's not far to walk.

The first wheel I built was much better than teh wheels that
came on any of my mass-produced bikes.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...
>
> If I knew teh words to the dukes of hazard theme tune,
> I'd worry.

Fightin' the system Just like two modern day Robin Hoods.

You're not alone Jeremy. Maybe Ian is the one who should be
worried :)

One of our LBS's is so busy at the moment they are taking no new work on

Graeme wrote:
> Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>>> Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...
>>
>> If I knew teh words to the dukes of hazard theme tune,
>> I'd worry.
>>

> Fightin' the system Just like two modern day Robin Hoods.
>
> You're not alone Jeremy. Maybe Ian is the one who should
> be worried
> :)

Just two good old boys Never meaning no harm. Beats all you
ever you saw Been in trouble with the law Since the day they
were born.

Indeed. ;-)

gemarc wrote:
> One of our LBS's is so busy at the moment they are taking
> no new work on

Either that or they're glued to the Tour all day ;-)

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/