How long to true a wheel?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Elyob, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to book
    a standard MTB wheel in. (27th July)

    Anyone beat this?

    Tags:

  2. Vernon Levy

    Vernon Levy Guest

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to
    > book a standard
    MTB
    > wheel in. (27th July)
    >
    > Anyone beat this?

    Two days total respoke and truing.

    Woodrups, Leeds

  3. half an hour.

    Me.

    Get Jobst Brandt's book.

  4. "vernon levy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > text.cableinet.net...
    > > Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to
    > > book a standard
    > MTB
    > > wheel in. (27th July)
    > >
    > > Anyone beat this?
    > >
    > Two days total respoke and truing.
    >
    > Woodrups, Leeds

    Nah, that's nowhere near a month!

    Rich

  5. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > half an hour.
    >
    > Me.
    >
    > Get Jobst Brandt's book.

    You must be a quick reader ;)

    I've rebuilt the wheel, but don't trust my first wheel build
    and want it double checked. I read that the note of the
    spokes should be F#, but am getting the theme tune from the
    Dukes of Hazard instead. :(

  6. elyob wrote:

    > I've rebuilt the wheel, but don't trust my first wheel
    > build and want it double checked. I read that the note of
    > the spokes should be F#, but am getting the theme tune
    > from the Dukes of Hazard instead. :(

    Seems like a good wheel-truing song to me...

    Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

  7. Nick Drew

    Nick Drew Guest

    > Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to
    > book a standard
    MTB
    > wheel in. (27th July)
    >
    > Anyone beat this?

    erm.... they're yanking your chain. Surely there must be
    another bike shop around?

  8. Davek

    Davek Guest

    elyob:
    > Evans in Wandsworth say a month is a reasonable time to
    > book a standard
    MTB
    > wheel in. (27th July)

    Sods. And I bet they'll charge you an arm and a leg for the
    privelege too.

    > Anyone beat this?

    For delay? I doubt it. That's an extraordinarily long time.

    I took my wheels in to my LBS last Thursday lunchtime,
    expecting not to have them back before Saturday afternoon,
    seeing as they're a busy and very small shop. My wheels wer
    back on my bike by Thursday evening.

    d.

  9. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul, Jeremy Collins <[email protected]> wrote:
    > elyob wrote:
    >
    > > I've rebuilt the wheel, but don't trust my first wheel
    > > build and want it double checked. I read that the note
    > > of the spokes should be F#, but am getting the theme
    > > tune from the Dukes of Hazard instead. :(
    >
    > Seems like a good wheel-truing song to me...
    >
    > Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...

    If I knew teh words to the dukes of hazard theme tune,
    I'd worry.

    But on topic, just ride the wheel. Ride it not too far from
    home, but give it a good work-out (dunno, ride down some
    stairs as speed, bunny-hop some park benches or something).
    If it stays true, it was a good build and you can trust it
    further afield. If not, at least it's not far to walk.

    The first wheel I built was much better than teh wheels that
    came on any of my mass-produced bikes.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  10. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >> Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...
    >
    > If I knew teh words to the dukes of hazard theme tune,
    > I'd worry.

    Fightin' the system Just like two modern day Robin Hoods.

    You're not alone Jeremy. Maybe Ian is the one who should be
    worried :)

  11. gemarc

    gemarc New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2004
    One of our LBS's is so busy at the moment they are taking no new work on

  12. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Graeme wrote:
    > Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >>> Straightenin' the curves... Flattenin' the hills...
    >>
    >> If I knew teh words to the dukes of hazard theme tune,
    >> I'd worry.
    >>

    > Fightin' the system Just like two modern day Robin Hoods.
    >
    > You're not alone Jeremy. Maybe Ian is the one who should
    > be worried
    > :)

    Just two good old boys Never meaning no harm. Beats all you
    ever you saw Been in trouble with the law Since the day they
    were born.

    Indeed. ;-)

  13. gemarc wrote:
    > One of our LBS's is so busy at the moment they are taking
    > no new work on

    Either that or they're glued to the Tour all day ;-)

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/