How many bents are in your neighborhood?

Eatonville, WA: Other than my Rotator Tiger, there seems to be a single homebuilt recumbent
(convertible to upright) cycle, based on a Bike Friday Pocket Rocket. Coincidentally, it seems,
since my other cycle is also a Bike Friday.

David

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
> home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
> Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly
> know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent
> talk with other benters.How about you? Bill

'Bents to the neighborhood?? Around here (central Washington) we have neighborhoods to the 'bents.
Just not catching on too fast yet out here.

> How many bents are in your neighborhood?

I live in a small town in central New Jersey.No bents with in a 10 mile area. There are 2 bike
dealers with bents within 20 miles. The last bent I saw with a rider was in the summer of 2002 at
Atlantic city on the boardwalk. I guess they are not too popular here.

[email protected] (Sbtypesetter) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 'Bents to the neighborhood?? Around here (central Washington) we have neighborhoods to the 'bents.
> Just not catching on too fast yet out here.

Typesetter:

Come down to Portland. We've had 50+ Easy Racer products show up for rides, thanks to the
ERRC folks.

I keep seeing 'bent riders that I *don't* know... that's growth.

Jeff

I live in Dothan, Alabama at town of about 60,000.

Triclops trikes - 2 Ti Rush - 1 Gold Rush - 2 Tour Easy - 3 Reynolds Dual 650 - 2 Rans Screamers - 4
Rans Stratus - 3 Rans Vivo - 2 Rans VRex - 2 Rans Tailwind - 3 Bacchetta Aero - 1 Presto - 1
Lightning P38 - 1 Turner - 1 Rotator Ti-Tiger - 1 Home Builts - 3

I'm sure I missed a few that I forgot or don't know about. Like most places we tend to be middle age
guys with a few ladies sprinkled in. I wish we could all get together and ride more together.

BentMick

Originally posted by Bill B
Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.

More or less, none. If you take that out to 50 miles then the count goes to zero.

Jerry

Within 3 miles: 50 max, within 15 miles: hundreds. Hello Easy Racers! With gas hovering around $2 a
gallon people don't seem to care. Makes me wonder about the mindset of some others,,,,

Chris Jordan

Santa Cruz, CA

news:<[email protected]>...

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:47:21 -0800, Bill B wrote:

> Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
> home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
> Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly
> know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent
> talk with other benters.How about you? Bill

Just one, but he is my 26 y.o. son, who tours with me. does that count? His words, ' young guys are
stupid to not consider recumbents for tours '

Regards Daniel [ i wish i had more children ] Payne

If you were to up the distance to say - 10 miles that would
bring the total to ... erh.... 0

Everso

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote:

>Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you
>know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for
>my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision
>40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2
>cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly know
>most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce
>myself and try to engage in bent talk with other
>benters.How about you? Bill

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you were to up the distance to say - 10 miles that
> would bring the total to ... erh.... 0
>
> Everso
>
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
>
> >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you
> >know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for
> >my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision
> >40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle
> >genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I
> >slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort
> >to introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with
> >other benters.How about you? Bill

Bill, here on the high plains of SW Minnesota within 3 miles
of my home town there are 4 Visions, 5 Tour Easy's (all home
made from plans) and l Greenspeed and I have been the
inspiration for all of them. However, I have more recumbents
in my stable than any one else I know of. That is because I
am slightly crazy. But I love recumbents and if they look
different, then they are different. I have never met a
recumbent that I didn't like.

By and large, this is not good country for bicycles though
because it is so damn windy here all the time. Did you know
that the Indians of Tierra del Fuego regularly went mad
from the constant howling winds they had to put up with in
their extreme southern Chile homeland. The g.d.winds just
about ruin cycling on the high plains. I have spent the
last 30 years cursing the wind and still it blows without
let up. Maybe I am going insane myself like those Indians
of Tierra del Fuego. I will take hills any day over a
constant howling wind.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I could not say how many I see actually live within 3 miles,
but you see them by the dozen on weekends! Lots of LWB, very
few SWB, few going fast. Then again you see hundreds of DF.
Where? Along the San Gabriel river in Long Beach CA and the
beach path toward Huntington.

I feel like an oddball even among bents here though because
I ride fast, a SWB, and on the road.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you were to up the distance to say - 10 miles that
> would bring the total to ... erh.... 0
>
> Everso
>
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
>
> >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you
> >know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for
> >my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision
> >40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle
> >genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I
> >slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort
> >to introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with
> >other benters.How about you? Bill

John,

Count mine in... catrike, socked grr, strada going fast on santa ana river on weekends.

Originally posted by John Duval
I could not say how many I see actually live within 3 miles,
but you see them by the dozen on weekends! Lots of LWB, very
few SWB, few going fast. Then again you see hundreds of DF.
Where? Along the San Gabriel river in Long Beach CA and the
beach path toward Huntington.

I feel like an oddball even among bents here though because
I ride fast, a SWB, and on the road.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you were to up the distance to say - 10 miles that
> would bring the total to ... erh.... 0
>
> Everso
>
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
>
> >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you
> >know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for
> >my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision
> >40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle
> >genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I
> >slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort
> >to introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with
> >other benters.How about you? Bill

Unfortunately, none - in Barrie, ON.

I have heard tell that there is at least one bent (of
unknown brand) and an older retired gentleman with a Kett, a
Greenspeed and a Swift, but I've never seen them (and I'm
out on the trikes, daily, all over town :)). Two other
homebuilders in Wasaga Beach, ON have built about 10 trikes
between them and our 17 or 18 trikes are about the only
bents in our area.

I'm slowly trying to "flood" the area with trikes, but it's
a slow, solo effort. The LBS's believe there is absolutely
no market for bents/trikes, yet I am stopped frequently, and
talked to at every stop sign/light about trikes and bents.

We'll keep flicking matches and maybe a goodly bent "fire"
can be started.
:)

> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
>
> >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you
> >know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.My count for
> >my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision
> >40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle
> >genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I
> >slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort
> >to introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with
> >other benters.How about you? Bill

"Sticker Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Unfortunately, none - in Barrie, ON.
>
> I have heard tell that there is at least one bent (of
> unknown brand) and
an
> older retired gentleman with a Kett, a Greenspeed and a
> Swift, but I've never seen them (and I'm out on the
> trikes, daily, all over town :)). Two other homebuilders
> in Wasaga Beach, ON have built about 10 trikes between
> them and our 17 or 18 trikes are about the only bents in
> our area.
>
> I'm slowly trying to "flood" the area with trikes, but
> it's a slow, solo effort. The LBS's believe there is
> absolutely no market for bents/trikes, yet I am stopped
> frequently, and talked to at every stop sign/light about
> trikes and bents.
>
> We'll keep flicking matches and maybe a goodly bent "fire"
> can be started.
> :)
>
> > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:
> >
> > >Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that
> > >you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your home.My
> > >count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike
> > >E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS Rocket,1 RANS
> > >Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz
> > >wheel trikes. Now I slightly know most of these bent
> > >owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try
> > >to engage in bent talk with other benters.How about
> > >you? Bill

Was just one that I know of at the Johnson Space Center. A
gentleman with a 2 wheel ASS, don't know what kind. Now
there's two. I just got a Hellbent ST24 for the ride in to
work. Other than mine I don't know of another within 3 miles
of my home.

YOP wrote:

> Was just one that I know of at the Johnson Space Center. A
> gentleman with a 2 wheel ASS, don't know what kind. Now
> there's two. I just got a Hellbent ST24 for the ride in to
> work. Other than mine I don't know of another within 3
> miles of my home.

I am just up the street from JSC (Space Center and El
Dorado) with a Cycle Genius RDX.

Mike