How many bents are in your neighborhood?

B

Bill B

Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly know
most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with
other benters.How about you? Bill

Where are you????
"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
> home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
> Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly
> know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent
> talk with other benters.How about you? Bill

Wow! In a 3 mile radius? Where is that? Is there a good trail nearby?

john Riley Toronto (no other bents within 3 miles AFAIK)

He's three miles from a bent bike shop that just received their spring inventory.

"Alma Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Where are you???? "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
> > home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
> > Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly
> > know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent
> > talk with other benters.How about you? Bill

"john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Wow! In a 3 mile radius? Where is that? Is there a good trail nearby?
>
> john Riley Toronto (no other bents within 3 miles AFAIK)

John - come and ride with us Freewheelers down in Niagara - There are some bent riders including
myself. Our ride schedule is up at www.thefreewheelers.com

Doug Thomas RANS rider

We have Vision RANS E-Bike and Bacchetta riders in our club.

Oh Great now I don't exist...(unless you have moved beyond Bloor/Sherbourne).

Joshua

"john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Wow! In a 3 mile radius? Where is that? Is there a good trail nearby?
>
> john Riley Toronto (no other bents within 3 miles AFAIK)

How about 6 in a 100 yard radius?

Windcheetah, Kingcycle, Streetmachine, Brox, Leitra, Anthrotech.

Pretty diverse huh?

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote in news:51c7e827.0402131047.6020a547
@posting.google.com:

> Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
> home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1
>

Hmmm, something like 'couple of EZ1's (4 maybe), two Tour Easy's, a Wave, a EZ Sport, 2 GRR, a
double Vision, a Rocket, and I think another Stratus (but that might outside the footprint). Oh
yeah, some integer number of EZ-3's too. And a handcycle. There's at least one Cannondale and a
Vision lurking nearby too. And a Tailwind.

Hi I am not John Riley, but you allow a RANS E-Bike on a group HPV ride?

"doug thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Wow! In a 3 mile radius? Where is that? Is there a good trail nearby?
> >
> > john Riley Toronto (no other bents within 3 miles AFAIK)
>
> John - come and ride with us Freewheelers down in Niagara - There are some bent riders including
> myself. Our ride schedule is up at www.thefreewheelers.com
>
> Doug Thomas RANS rider
>
> We have Vision RANS E-Bike and Bacchetta riders in our club.

"Alma Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Where are you???? "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
> > home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
> > Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly
> > know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent
> > talk with other benters.How about you? Bill

Memphis Tenn. No bent shops close by. The only bent shops near me are jackson Miss, and Kelly's shop
in Arkansas near the Ok border I think

"doug thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Wow! In a 3 mile radius? Where is that? Is there a good trail nearby?
> >
> > john Riley Toronto (no other bents within 3 miles AFAIK)
>
> John - come and ride with us Freewheelers down in Niagara - There are some bent riders including
> myself. Our ride schedule is up at www.thefreewheelers.com
>
> Doug Thomas RANS rider
>
> We have Vision RANS E-Bike and Bacchetta riders in our club.

Thanks for the offer.

I am aware that there are other recumbents in S. Ontario, but not many (apparently Joshua is) within
three miles.

John Riley

What is the name and address of this shop as I may need their services for
an upcoming tour? Thanks
"JoJo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> He's three miles from a bent bike shop that just received their spring inventory.
>
> "Alma Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Where are you???? "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of
> > > your home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1
> > > RANS Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I
> > > slightly know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to
> > > engage in bent talk with other benters.How about you? Bill
> >
>

Dallas, Texas
I think I've seen one or two over the past year (while I was driving)
but havn't come across one while riding. Amazing since this is a major
metroplex with several bike shops around that sell bents. Went a
couple of times with the Saturday ride group from Richardson Bike Mart
and I was the only bent. Got stared down at. :(

> home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
> Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly
> know most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent

This quiz is not quite fair, because I live on the extreme edge of a large city. Also winter weather
dampens cycling enthusiasm for most people.

I personally have 6-7 bents that I am quite easy-going about lending out to the public.

There is a bike store that stocks about 6 demo bents most of the time, and we do a co-operative
"Bent Event" every other year.

There are few people who regularly commute to work with bents.

There are about 25-30 bents in my city of 400,000.

Custom Bikes: There are also a few neighbourhood teens making custom art low-riders. There is also
two high school teams making solar cars.

I'm sad to say I haven't seen any bent's within that 3 mi. distance. And only 3 if you changed the distance to within 10 miles.
Western Mass. doesn't seem too popular with us bent riders.

Rob
Volae Century

Originally posted by Bill B
Not counting your own bents post the # of bents that you know of with in a 3 mile radius of your
home.My count for my hood is 5 TE's,1 stratus,2 giros,3 bike E's, 1 Vision 40,2 P38's,1 RANS
Rocket,1 RANS Screamer,3 Cycle genius's,2 cannondale's and 2 whizz wheel trikes. Now I slightly know
most of these bent owners . I make a effort to introduce myself and try to engage in bent talk with
other benters.How about you? Bill

I ride at Miami Whitewater park, near Cincinnati Ohio and over a week or so in time, there are at
least 20 different recumbents, including four trikes, that I see or ride with. I know of some other
riders that live near by, such as Larry Varney but I have never had a chance to ride or talk with.

Gene B. Roadrunner, Mach I

In my West end Toronto neighborhood, on Roncesvalles Ave. there is a gentleman who rides a huge funky homebuilt bent usually seen with a gigantic trailer behind it. It looks good, the seat is made of plywood with foam. I talked to him one day, he works at a place that feeds street people with food that he picks up (on his bike with trailer) which restaurants and food stores donate.

Pretty cool guy. I asked him about his design, and he told me that one of the most essential custom features was a coffee holder that he brazed onto the handlebar stem!

:p

Nice to see someone doing good work on a bent!

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message

1 Bike E 1 P38 1 Vision R40 1 Vision R50 (mine) 1 Optima Baron (mine)

Thats about it

Ah...High Park on a bent, south to the Martin Goodman Trail and over to the Humber Trail or east to
the CNE and points east...nice bent country to ride in.

Joshua
"Moosebear" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In my West end Toronto neighborhood, on Roncesvalles Ave. there is a gentleman who rides a huge
> funky homebuilt bent usually seen with a gigantic trailer behind it. It looks good, the seat is
> made of plywood with foam. I talked to him one day, he works at a place that feeds street people
> with food that he picks up (on his bike with trailer) which restaurants and food stores donate.
>
> Pretty cool guy. I asked him about his design, and he told me that one of the most essential
> custom features was a coffee holder that he brazed onto the handlebar stem!
>
> :p
>
> Nice to see someone doing good work on a bent!
>
>
>
> --