How many bikes do you have?

In article <[email protected]>, MisNomer <[email protected]> writes:
> Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Maybe everybody who has (or had) at least one physical bike also has a Spirit Bike -- the one we
sometimes dream about riding, in those dreams that refresh and rekindle our joy of cycling.

There was a time when I almost forgot that joy, and had been bikeless for a number of years, when
one such dream of riding reminded me of what I was missing. After that, I /had/ to ride again. So,
of course, I did.

I've seen many posts here, from people who've suddenly felt the impulse to return to cycling after a
long, bikeless "hiatus". I bet a lot of them have had that same personal experience of their spirit
bikes compelling and nagging at them to get back into riding again.

I think everyone who has dreams and has ever ridden a bike, has a spirit bike in their fleet.

One nice thing about spirit bikes is, they don't get stolen. In fact, many of 'em might be ethereal
representations of ppl's physical bikes that got stolen and not replaced.

cheers, Tom