How many bikes do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In article <[email protected]>, MisNomer <[email protected]> writes:
> Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Maybe everybody who has (or had) at least one physical bike also has a Spirit Bike -- the one we
sometimes dream about riding, in those dreams that refresh and rekindle our joy of cycling.

There was a time when I almost forgot that joy, and had been bikeless for a number of years, when
one such dream of riding reminded me of what I was missing. After that, I /had/ to ride again. So,
of course, I did.

I've seen many posts here, from people who've suddenly felt the impulse to return to cycling after a
long, bikeless "hiatus". I bet a lot of them have had that same personal experience of their spirit
bikes compelling and nagging at them to get back into riding again.

I think everyone who has dreams and has ever ridden a bike, has a spirit bike in their fleet.

One nice thing about spirit bikes is, they don't get stolen. In fact, many of 'em might be ethereal
representations of ppl's physical bikes that got stolen and not replaced.

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

in London:

-Bekah, a hot pink 80something MBK mixte, moustache bars, rack, fender, Sachs torpedo 3-speed hub.
Theft-resistant transport.

at home:

-1984 Raleigh Super Sprint. My first 'nice' bike, sadly hors de combat after trashing the rear wheel
riding to impress a lycra goddess I haven't seen since

-2001 Jamis Aurora. my main 'home' bike, my nicest bike ever, the bike I miss when I'm away.

-Luigi

"You can be my sinful secret, I can tell my kids about you Though I could never lie-- And I hope
someday you'd ask"
- Barbie's Cradle, "Belinda Bye Bye"

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
> Chalo wrote in message <[email protected]>...
> >4 practical 700c bikes, a tad offbeat perhaps, but normal riding 2 recognizable MTBs 1
> >extravagant made-to-measure custom MTB, too nice for dirt really 2 choppers 1 tallbike 1
> >stretched-frame cruiser with a crack in it 1 human-powered sulky 1 adult-sized Big Wheel trike 1
> >20" wheeled bike that defies brief description 1 wild 3-wheeler that defies pretty much
> >everything
>
> Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
> Bortolo colors?

Maybe because it's ugly?

--
David Kerber An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good Lord,
it's morning".

Remove the ns_ from the address before e-mailing.

"MisNomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

I have 5:

Cannondale touring frame, with aerobars and 2 wheel sets, "touring/randon", "race" Fixed gear, made
from 80's Fuji touring frame "Good" MTB, hardtail "Beater" MTB, fully rigid "Shopping bike", 80's
Schwinn Le Tour, swap show find, never ridden

my son has 3 (road, beater, MTB) my wife has 2 (commuter, MTB) daughter has 1 (MTB)

All are ridden at least weekly, components constantly "trickle down". My son & I have had great fun
building/modifying most of these bikes.

One of these days I'd really like to get a tandem.

Kevan Smith wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>Oh, gag a maggot!
>
>What he needs is the new Bianchi EV4 with Campy Record.

But Bartoli and Frigo ride Pinarellos, let's do this the right and proper way.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
> Bortolo colors?

Mr. Mazzoleni, did you ever see my post in rbr, entitled "Style Question for Fabrizio wrt Alexandre
Vinokourov"? This post deals directly with the team Fasso Bortolo colors and Vinokourov's hair,
and desperately needs your input.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky ([email protected])

Home of the meditative cyclist: http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm Singing with you
at: http://www.tiferet.net/ Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:44:55 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>
>Kevan Smith wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>>Oh, gag a maggot!
>>
>>What he needs is the new Bianchi EV4 with Campy Record.
>
>But Bartoli and Frigo ride Pinarellos, let's do this the right and proper way.

Pinarellos are so last year, so Telekom.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I want EARS! I want two ROUND BLACK EARS to
make me feel warm 'n' secure!!
1:22:50 PM 25 July 2003

Claire Petersky wrote:

> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
> > Bortolo colors?
>
> Mr. Mazzoleni, did you ever see my post in rbr, entitled "Style Question for Fabrizio wrt
> Alexandre Vinokourov"? This post deals directly with the team Fasso Bortolo colors and
> Vinokourov's hair, and

Oh oh! "Mr. Mazzoleni"!

Sounds like maybe you're in trouble for that comment!

SMH

Claire Petersky wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
>
>Mr. Mazzoleni, did you ever see my post in rbr, entitled "Style Question for Fabrizio wrt Alexandre
> Vinokourov"?

No I must have missed it, but then I mainly use newsgroups for re-reading my own posts rather than
other people's posts.

Anyway, now what's that guy done?

He's not Italian so he loses points right from the start, but this year having to wear lame helmets
is really messing things up.

I'm thinking of doing the Pantani look. A Kazakh like Vino can't get away with that.

I currently have 1 1/2.

The 1 is a Schwinn Voyager which I use for touring and club rides.

The 1/2 is the remains (components) of my Sh. Sierra MTB. The dropout broke, and since repairing it
cost more than what I paid for the frame new, I decided to replace and, it seems, upgrade as well.

I am now awaiting delivery of a Rocky Mountain Reaper frame that will wear these parts and
eventually evolve into a "real" MTB.

If you do more than one type of riding, it's always nice to have the proper tool for the job. The
Sierra served it's purpose nicely when most of it's miles (43,000) were commuting in the streets of
El Lay, but that need is not what it used to be, so I decided to go more for the offroad
capabilities.

May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris

Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

MisNomer wrote in message ...
>Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?
>
>
Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello Dogma at the moment.

The groupo is pretty well just your standard pro stuff, you know, Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheels, Campy
10-speed, Deda Elimenti Newtom 31 bars, Fork: Pinarello Onda, Pedals: Time, Stem: Deda Newton 33 and
S-shaped ONDA carbon fork.

Nothing much to get excited about.

"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... [email protected] (Claire
Petersky) wrote:

>My road bike My husband's road bike My husband's hybrid My husband's mountain bike My mountain
>bike, now handed down to my older daughter An old touring bike that I'm supposed to be fixing up A
>tandem My younger daughter's bike The bike the two kids have outgrown The bike trailer

>The bikes are in the garage; the cars are in the driveway.

>Warm Regards, Claire Petersky ([email protected])

Well, you have your priorities straight, I see ;-3)

What are you talking about? The road bikes go in the kitchen and/or the living room.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:15:12 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>MisNomer wrote in message ...
>>Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?
>>
>>
>Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello Dogma at the moment.

I like the Time frame and fork of Brioches La Boulangère bikes. They also get the Campagnolo Record
10-speed gruppo, Full Speed Ahead carbon crankset, Mavic wheels, Time pedals, and the Deda Magic 31
stem and bars.
--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace If I am elected no one will ever have to do
their laundry again!
12:46:56 AM 26 July 2003

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:47:15 -0500, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
<[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

>>Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello Dogma at the moment.
>
>I like the Time frame and fork of Brioches La Boulangère bikes.

blah, blah, blah.

The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo
all the way, eh!
--
zk

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:47:19 -0700, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd.
Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

>Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:47:15 -0500, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
><[email protected]/\/\> wrote:
>
>>>Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello Dogma at the moment.
>>
>>I like the Time frame and fork of Brioches La Boulangère bikes.
>
>blah, blah, blah.
>
>The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo
>all the way, eh!

It's not about the bike. It's about looking good.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace

1:58:57 AM 26 July 2003

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:59:57 -0500, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
<[email protected]/\/\> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:47:19 -0700, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd.
>Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:
>
>>Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:47:15 -0500, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
>><[email protected]/\/\> wrote:
>>
>>>>Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello Dogma at the moment.
>>>
>>>I like the Time frame and fork of Brioches La Boulangère bikes.
>>
>>blah, blah, blah.
>>
>>The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo
>>all the way, eh!
>
>
>It's not about the bike. It's about looking good.

In that case, everybody should go home. The podium girls have them all beat.
--
zk

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:37:47 -0700, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd.
Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

>Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:59:57 -0500, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
><[email protected]/\/\> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:47:19 -0700, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from Balsa Pacific Aero
>>Ltd. Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:
>>
>>>Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:47:15 -0500, <[email protected]>, Kevan Smith
>>><[email protected]/\/\> wrote:
>>>
>>>>>Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello Dogma at the moment.
>>>>
>>>>I like the Time frame and fork of Brioches La Boulangère bikes.
>>>
>>>blah, blah, blah.
>>>
>>>The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is riding Canadian bikes.
>>>Cervélo all the way, eh!
>>
>>
>>It's not about the bike. It's about looking good.
>
>In that case, everybody should go home. The podium girls have them all beat.

They have whips, too? I am so going to Europe to take up bike racing.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I own seven-eighths of all the artists in
downtown Burbank!
2:48:58 AM 26 July 2003

"one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... [email protected] (Claire
> Petersky) wrote:

> >The bikes are in the garage; the cars are in the driveway.
>
> Well, you have your priorities straight, I see ;-3)
>
> What are you talking about? The road bikes go in the kitchen and/or the living room.

Now that we put in new bamboo floors, the bikes are *not* going into the kitchen or the living room.
We've actually had long discussions about what we're going to do in the winter -- we have no warm
place to work on the bikes now. I have been saying we should rip out the carpet out of the
downstairs "bonus" room and put in vinyl, but my husband says we aren't going to be dragging our
bikes through the house to work on them in the basement. I bet a downstairs workshop though, heated,
would get much more use than the existing "workbench" in the garage. Emma could use it for her
extensive art projects, too.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky ([email protected]) Home of the meditative cyclist:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm Singing with you at: http://www.tiferet.net/ Books
just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:17:10 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
>Bortolo colors?

Because only a midget can ride a 52cm frame and Fasso are a bunch of losers? Just guessing here...

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com [currently
offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Status
Not open for further replies.