How many bikes do you have?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:53:15 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>No I must have missed it, but then I mainly use newsgroups for re-reading my own posts rather than
>other people's posts.

Gets my nomination for post of the week :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com [currently
offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

On 26 Jul 2003 07:59:57 -0700, Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
> about what we're going to do in the winter -- we have no warm place to work on the bikes now. I
> have been saying we should rip out the carpet

How about a largish throw rug?

--
Rick Onanian

26 Jul 2003 07:59:57 -0700,
<[email protected]>, [email protected] (Claire Petersky) wrote:

>> What are you talking about? The road bikes go in the kitchen and/or the living room.
>
>Now that we put in new bamboo floors, the bikes are *not* going into the kitchen or the
>living room.

ohh la la, that bamboo flooring looks like a great product. It's also reasonably priced and "green"
compared to hardwood or that printed pressed-board stuff. It's beautiful. Lucky you.

I have a bachelor suite. Basically one large room or about 510 sq.ft. mostly of white oak.

Because of a current woodworking project monopolising the shop, there are presently eight bikes in
my apartment.

A biker friend visiting for the first time queried innocently, "Are those all your bikes?"

Me, just as innocently replied, "No, there's three more in the storage room."

What he was really asking is if I was the owner of all those bikes. We both laughed when we realised
the communication glitch.
--
zk

Claire Petersky wrote:
> My road bike My husband's road bike My husband's hybrid My husband's mountain bike My mountain
> bike, now handed down to my older daughter An old touring bike that I'm supposed to be fixing up A
> tandem My younger daughter's bike The bike the two kids have outgrown The bike trailer
>
> The bikes are in the garage; the cars are in the driveway.

Isn't that what garages are for? The cars' seats are covered, and drive trains in a car are sealed.

My garage contains: my tourer my younger daughter's road bike my former mountain bike, now handed
down to the older daughter my wife's hybrid, formerly ridden by the younger daughter (although it
was never hers!) two old mountain bikes, outgrown by said daughters my old Schwinn Letour (and two
700c rims I'm going to rebuild the wheels with Real Soon Now) and the girls' old 20" bike, in
reserve for when my niece loses hers...

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb
'round-about comcast point net.

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:55:04 GMT, <[email protected]>, MisNomer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?
> >
> Logically, four bikes are the absolute minimum.
>
> Four directions, four seasons, four elements.
>
> Road - This can be a touring, audax or racing bike. Street - For utility or commuter cycling. Dirt
> - BMX, downhill, trails, XC etc. Track - This can be a track bike if you live near a velodrome or
> just a wild card bike that might be your chopper, penny farthing replica, recumbent or other
> whacked out bike all bike whackos must have.
>
> I've eleven and now a unicycle too.
> --
> zk

- a 1975 Motobecane Grand Tour for riding around town and in park - in barn
- a 2002 Cannonade T2000 for loaded touring and out back gravel roads - barn
- a 1999 Cannondale R1000 backup road bike - garage
- a 2003 Trek 5500 road bike - living room

Zoot Katz wrote in message <[email protected]>...

>The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo
>all the way, eh!

What are you talking about, Millar took 9 seconds out of Ty today. And a carbon bike is 6.32 ahead
of the Cervolo in the overall standings, Robbie has 178 points in the sprinting compared with 85 for
Tyler riding the Cervelo.

The only reason Tyler stayed away the other day was that no one was willing to take up the chase,
not because your damn north american Cervelo was faster than Italian frames.

How did you figure?

Mike Kruger wrote:
> Jim Price wrote:
>

>>2 unicycles (20" and 2")
>

> Is 2 inch a typo, or a unicycle with an in-line skating wheel?

That should be 24".

> Nice homebuilt recumbent, by the way.

Thankyou.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

MisNomer wrote:

> which brings up another question.... where do you keep these bikes.
>
> I want to convert the shed outside into a "bike garage". The man says "where are we going to put
> the lawnmower"?

I only have a small 2 up 2 down house, but thanks to some fundamental modifications to the basic
design of the stairwell, I get 4 bikes under the stairs and 4 above. The bottom 5 steps are hinged
so I can get the bikes under the stairs out easily. The rest hang out in the living room by the
door, or hung form the walls/ceiling. I stopped keeping bikes in the shed years ago, as I got fed up
with cleaning the winter rust off them every spring.

--

W K wrote:

> "Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>Without going into too much detail about 19 bikes they are...
>
> <snip> You're missing an audax bike and a tandem.

Well spotted. The training bike would become the Audax bike if I joined Audax. I currently have two
old steel frames and a welder, and I'm tempted to do a cut and shut job. All I need now is a source
of small amounts of steel tube in the UK and some practice welding...

--

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:17:10 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
> >Bortolo colors?
>
> Because only a midget can ride a 52cm frame and Fasso are a bunch of losers? Just guessing here...

Guy, you misunderstand the hierarchy of Fabrizian interest. If you require a frame bigger than 52
cm, then you are clearly too big to be a serious Euro-pro like Fabrizio. And while Fassa Bortolo may
be losers, they look good doing it.

And they got a tour invitation, unlike those Domina Vacanze losers,

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:59:13 GMT, <[email protected]>, hoping for a ride,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Zoot Katz wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>>
>>The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo
>>all the way, eh!
>

>What are you talking about, Millar took 9 seconds out of Ty today. And a carbon bike is 6.32 ahead
>of the Cervolo in the overall standings, Robbie has 178 points in the sprinting compared with 85
>for Tyler riding the Cervelo.
>
>The only reason Tyler stayed away the other day was that no one was willing to take up the chase,
>not because your damn north american Cervelo was faster than Italian frames.
>
>How did you figure?

Overall team standings for the Tour: CSC is #1, CSC rides Cervélo.

Am I missing something here?
--
zk

Kevan Smith wrote in message ...

>I still like the way Ulrich's bike looks more than those Treks. The Bianchis just have a certain
>elan the Treks don't.

If you just want the Bianchi for winter training then talk to Sara Mercante at the Treviglio plant.

If you don't mind a bit of extra weight go for the Titanium for training, that way you can get
Stefano Vigano or Luca Minesso to whip up a new frame anytime you want to tweak the geometry. They
can build up and FedEx you one of those Ti frames almost in time for your next training ride, that
is if you are one of the big names like Teutenberg, Guidi, Ullrich, or Me.

As I say, a Ti Bianchi is ok for training, and over the off-season you may want to go through a
dozen or more different frame configurations . Come the in- season get about ten frames built to the
geometry you liked from the winter ti frames, but get a mix of the EV4, EV3, and the EV3 carbon, as
well as a couple of TT frames.

If you're a nobody then phone the Treviglio head office and tell Felice Gimondi I sent you.

Zoot Katz wrote in message <[email protected]>...

>Overall team standings for the Tour: CSC is #1, CSC rides Cervélo.
>
>Am I missing something here?
>--

I thought Credit Agricole had that.

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:02:50 GMT, <[email protected]>, incredulously,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Zoot Katz wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>>>
>>Overall team standings for the Tour: CSC is #1, CSC rides Cervélo.
>>
>>Am I missing something here?
>>--
>
>I thought Credit Agricole had that.

Not this Tour. 19th, 5h 40' 11"

17th, Fasso Bortollo, 3h 59' 7"
--
zk

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
> ... If you don't mind a bit of extra weight go for the Titanium for training, that way you can get
> Stefano Vigano or Luca Minesso to whip up a new frame anytime you want to tweak the geometry. They
> can build up and FedEx you one of those Ti frames almost in time for your next training ride, that
> is if you are one of the big names like Teutenberg, Guidi, Ullrich, or Me....

Here is a picture of Lars Teutenberg with a REAL BICYCLE. ;) <
http://www.speedbikebgl.de/eng/news.htm >

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:56:42 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>Kevan Smith wrote in message ...
>>
>>I still like the way Ulrich's bike looks more than those Treks. The Bianchis just have a certain
>>elan the Treks don't.
>>

>If you just want the Bianchi for winter training then talk to Sara Mercante at the Treviglio plant.
>
>If you don't mind a bit of extra weight go for the Titanium for training, that way you can get
>Stefano Vigano or Luca Minesso to whip up a new frame anytime you want to tweak the geometry. They
>can build up and FedEx you one of those Ti frames almost in time for your next training ride, that
>is if you are one of the big names like Teutenberg, Guidi, Ullrich, or Me.
>
>As I say, a Ti Bianchi is ok for training, and over the off-season you may want to go through a
>dozen or more different frame configurations . Come the in- season get about ten frames built to
>the geometry you liked from the winter ti frames, but get a mix of the EV4, EV3, and the EV3
>carbon, as well as a couple of TT frames.
>
>If you're a nobody then phone the Treviglio head office and tell Felice Gimondi I sent you.

I owuld do all that, but I'm in stealth mode. I have a big offseason training regime planned, then
I'm coming out for the early classics with an eye to total dominance. If I got all those bikes, it
would leak out and people would know what I was up to. I appreciate the offer though. When you come
through Piombino, we'll do a ride together along the Aurelia to Firenze. I know the best coffee
palces where the appreciate guys who know what cycling is all about.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace We had to wait FOUR BILLION years but we
finally got JERRY LEWIS, MTV and a large selection of creme-filled snack cakes!

Kevan Smith wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 03:02:21 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
> Internet wrote:
>

>>B wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>>
>>>I thought US Postal won the team time trial and they are riding TREKs.
>>
>>Yep, those carbon frames put 1.45 on those lame Cervélos.
>>
>>Zoot is always a bit out of things.
>

> Here's what I want for winter training rides:
>
> http://209.217.20.46/site/bikes/19_Pista_zoom.html
>

> --
> http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace a pigeon dropping slowly sings over
> white play
> 1:04:10 AM 27 July 2003

I've considered the Pista as well. The only problem I can see is where to put your water bottles for
those long, slow winter rides. Fabrizio-forbid you wear a Camelbak...

wrote:

1:04:10 AM 27 July 2003

>I've considered the Pista as well. The only problem I can see is where to put your water bottles
>for those long, slow winter rides. Fabrizio-forbid you wear a Camelbak...

Doesn't your support vehicle carry hot druinks for you?

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace What UNIVERSE is this, please??
1:05:36 PM 28 July 2003