how many bikes do you own?

Tmax1 said:
I'm up to three.

Brian Rouke made to measure steel frame I had built for me in '89 equiped with ultegra groupset and my own hand built campag/mavic wheels. Not raced since 1991 but I can't bear to get rid of it.
A very old Rory O'Brian track iron which has been used on the track, as a TT machine, a winter hack and most recently a go-to-work bike for my son.
A cheap training frame made up with odd bits I had lying around, now fixed pretty much permanently to a turbo trainer.
Dawes Horizon Tandem, which has led to a renaisance in cycling for me :) now I need to upgrade to a more modern touring tandem, I also NEED to buy a mtb tandem and a racing tandem.

All roadies:

1) Motobeccane Record with Shimano Sora - in pieces but complete,
2) Scattante CFR Carbon Fiber from Supergo (rain biuke)
3) 2000 LeMond Zurich (steel frame)
4) as of Friday - Cannondale R1000 (CAAD 8) my new favorite

Right now two, a MTB and a Road Bike.

As of next year I will get a John Deere Team Bike which I will add to my collection.

'96 GT Karakoram (steel framed MTB/commuter/kid hauler
'03 Kona NuNu MTB... selling it soon...
'03 Trek 2000 (aluminum / 105)
'05 Torelli 20th Anniversary road bike (Columbus Nemo steel tubing) w/ full Record

And I am building up an Torelli countach os frame for a rain bike....with centuar.

I own a Norco trail bike which I do most of my riding in I also have Bianchi road bike which I am planning on restoring next winter And I also have old style mountain Bike which I plan on building into a mini scooter.:cool:

Three..

road bike; recently upgraded to a Cannondale Synapse w/ Dura-Ace, when it finally gets built up and I finish paying it off! :D

XC mountain bike; Cannondale Scalpel w/ XT and Lefty ELO -- I compete with this, that is when it is not in pieces.. damn thing has been out of action for 11 weeks now, due to a "perfect storm" of parts and rebuild delays :(

commuter bike; cheap second hand hardtail MTB with everything to make it a nice practical bike

I used to just have the road and mountain bike, but bought the commuter recently so I didn't have to constantly clean/maintain the 'good' bikes after riding them through **** every day. Plus it means I can do dorky but practical things with it like put on a rack, reflectors, mudguards, etc. :)

one that i ride when its not raining and one that i ride in my dreams!one that i ride is a trek 2200 road bike
the one i ride in my dreams is my old gt force...wow...what a bike!! what the hell happened to gt that they no longer use the triple triangle on the roadies????
made them more stable if you ask me...stronger frame.

Lectron said:
Down to three. That's not to bad. Miss another roadbike or two though
Lectron, very impressive collection. Please tell us more about your Airbornes. Especially the commuter/cyclocross. That would appear to be the closest thing to the 'universal bike' that I have been thinking about for some time...

Got 3 right now:

'06 Scott CR-1 Pro
'06 Trek 1000
'01 or '02 (can't remember which year) Trek 4100 MTB

moggie said:
Ive got 5 but buying a 6th very soon
giant Peleton winter bike
British Eagle Training bike(my first proper Racer)
A road Race bike Cobra frame, botranga wheels ultegra group
TT bike Hewit frame, campag shamal wheels and group
A cheap MTB for cyclo cross
and Im buying a track bike
All are steel frames Im not in to anything else :D
Wow your spoiled

Good MTB with 2 sets of wheels: one set of so-so wheels with slicks - for training and everyday rides, and second - for competitions, light and with good MTB tyres :)

We have 4 bikes my wife and I park inside the condo . My wife has a womens diamondback wilde wood mountain bike , I have 3 bikes for myself . I have an old trek 1200 retired to the indoor trainer and a schwinn moab se mountain bike I use to commute to work and I have a Giant TCR 1 road bike I just bought 2 weeks ago and am dieing to get on the road with it . I had a Trek 5200 post office team bike , but I had a bad crash with it last year and cracked the frame the Giant is my replacement .

let's see

1) trek 5500 usps edition (with dura ace)
2) el cheapo nashbar frame (with campy record)
3) fuji road bike (with 105)
4) iro single speed
5) trek 930 (with shimano xt)
6) cannondale r400 (with shimano mix) my first!
7) a bmx bike i found at work one day
8) another elcheapo nashbar frame half built with hayes disc brakes and the
srams that where on the 930
9) a walmart special time trial bike (inspired by the Bicycling's article a few
months ago.

alway's looking for some more to add to the collection when the paycheck allows.

The ideal number of bikes is always one more than you currently own.

I have three. Any one of which are nicer and more expensive than what I actually need or deserve.

Jeez... there're a lot of 2,3,4 year old threads being exhumed recently... however I can never resist an opportunity to post pickies of my bikies....

9 all together... a selection in sig. :)