how many bikes do you ride??

maxwellman1000

Apr 3, 2007
Hi all,

I am just wondering how many of you have more than one bike for doing different types of training.

;)

i ride just 1 at a time :rolleyes:

and seriously, i have my road bike for training/racing on the road and a trackie for training/racing on the track. as much as i'd love to have a dedicated race bike i dont have the budget for it

I've got a cheap & cheerful aluminium road bike- Apollo TDF-100- and a Specialized Langster track bike. Unfortunately I don't get on the track too often these days. I also have a general purpose Towsend Tundra mountain bike because I don't like leaving my road bike outside locked to a fence ;)

maxwellman1000 said:
Hi all,

I am just wondering how many of you have more than one bike for doing different types of training.

;)
01-partially-finished.jpg

NRS2-full-suspension.jpg

tcr-eastons.jpg

tcraerott.jpg

I ride just one road bike at a time, but I do use a track bike thru the winter.

:eek:hd reynolds, that is quite a bike stable. :eek: Do you rob banks in your free time to finance that kind of habit? ;)

Very impressive indeed...

Powerful Pete said:
:eek:hd reynolds, that is quite a bike stable. :eek: Do you rob banks in your free time to finance that kind of habit? ;)

3 bikes:
- Main road bike, CAAD9 DA (07)
- Training / commuting / rain bike, Giant TCR1 (05)
- General use, sunday afternoon rides with wife, etc, Cannondale F500 MTB (98)

Powerful Pete said:

got someone from inside...:D

Vastly modified (and soon to be restored) 1985 vintage Raleigh Grand Prix:rolleyes: , cheap Mongoose Mountain Bike for playing around:D , Univega that I am rebuilding to 1990 specs;) , and a 2003 Raleigh Competition:p . That makes four. I don't ride competitvely so I am not worried about having the most current exotic and lightest bicycles.

kdelong said:
Vastly modified (and soon to be restored) 1985 vintage Raleigh Grand Prix:rolleyes: , cheap Mongoose Mountain Bike for playing around:D , Univega that I am rebuilding to 1990 specs;) , and a 2003 Raleigh Competition:p . That makes four. I don't ride competitvely so I am not worried about having the most current exotic and lightest bicycles.
I want a 1977 Grand Prix. You lucky devil.

kdelong said:
I don't ride competitvely so I am not worried about having the most current exotic and lightest bicycles.
If I rode competitively I would go out of my way *not* to have the most current exotic and lightest bicycles. Racers crash, period. No way I'd want to wreck something swanky & expensive.

Ride an expendable bike competitively, and save the uberlight exotic stuff for club rides; you'll impress more people that way anyhow.

I've got an 80's Fuji set up for single speed-training in the winter.
A redline conquest 105 set-up for cyclocross and with a road tyre on the trainer.
Trek ALPHA SL 2500 105 set up w/aero bars, Ksyrium ssc sl wheels with conti 4000-training, mid week riding.
Kestrel Talon w.Ultegra set-up, Sprint 350 wheels with conti 4000 tires-for racing, club rides and nice sunny day rides.
Mongoose gsx, mountain bike for collecting dust in the garage.

Bob Ross said:
If I rode competitively I would go out of my way *not* to have the most current exotic and lightest bicycles. Racers crash, period. No way I'd want to wreck something swanky & expensive.

Ride an expendable bike competitively, and save the uberlight exotic stuff for club rides; you'll impress more people that way anyhow.
Thanks Bob. Good advice. I'll remember this if I ever go insane enough to race.

If you know how to ride a crit or acquired the experience and skills you wont crash in race. I noticed that most budding cyclists in the US arent used to very close bike racing like in Europe. They worry too much about crashing instead of concentrating on their racing.:eek: :eek:

I've got a;
1/ Felt F80 frame/forks (but mostly Ultegra double equiped) for training

2/ Fausto Coppi for racing/fast training

3/ building up my 12 year old Bauer(I've had it since new 12 years ago) as a single speed(with mudguards - getting on for winter here) training bik

4/building up another Felt F80 frame with full carbon fork and 10 speed as a race only bike.

That'll about do it for now.

I'd rather have to lesser and more interesting bikes(i.e. almost no one here in NZ rides a Felt road bike) that one latest and greatest bike.

(I've also got a 60s Moulton folding/suspension bike I need to restore and would love an 80s classic racer with Shimano Aero components)

maxwellman1000 said:
Hi all,

;)
I ride my "good" road bike outside, I ride my old road bike on my indoor trainer, and I also own and ride a mountain bike off-road, with friends who don't like to ride on the road competitively, and also with my 9 year old twins.

I ride the essence of awesome which comes in many flavours

100_0332.jpg

000_0293.jpg

not as awesome but its quick

100_0300.jpg

and a GT avalanche 2.0 fixie conversion currently in pieces