How many cars run traffic lights?

In article <[email protected]>, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> writes:

>>HOV lanes,
>
> Seems like a good idea, but they are mostly under utilized, at least the ones I have seen are, so
> they waste space.

Maybe it's not the lanes themselves wasting the space, but all the SOV drivers who won't car-pool
and use that space. I understand some adamantly SOV drivers will waste space /inside/ their cars
with artificial, inflatable "passengers" in order to get away with using HOV lanes.

HOV lanes do enhance public transit/transport, and mitigate the oft complained-of "slowness" of
public transit.

On the highway, they make longer Greyhound trips more bearable. Shorter in duration than they'd
otherwise be, anyway.

>>It's a bunch of spoiled whiners. I'm in favour of using every opportunity to make driving less
>>convenient for them.
>
> I'm all for enforcing the adequate existing laws instead of coming up with the a law to cover the
> current fads.

Around here, the law has always dictated that yellow lights mean "stop unless unsafe to do so". The
current fad is to regard them as a prompt to step on it before the light turns red.

Speaking of traffic lights -- the more I think about it, the more in favour I become of abolishing
right-on-red, which imposes too much danger on pedestrians.

cheers, Tom