How many cycling jersey/shorts do you have?

theedge

Aug 30, 2003
How many is enough?

Currently I have 1 pair of cycling shorts and 2 jerseys. I'm thinking about getting a new pair of bib shorts.

I have four shirts, one pair of pants and two bibs. The bibs are the best aspecially if you have a bit of a tummy. The brces holds the whole thing up well. Only hassle is to go to toilet. You virtually have to undress usally in the small confines of prtable toilets at cycling races!!!!

Keep those wheels spinning !!!!!

Big H

Three jerseys and three pairs of shorts for me.

That way, I can use a fresh pair each ride (one's being used while the other's in the process of being washed), and the third is there as a spare just in case I'm slack with the clothes washing, or plan to ride 2-3 days in a row..

4 pairs of shorts and one jersey, I want to get a couple more jerseys I'm just waiting for clearance sales. I also am getting some tights as the frost is coming soon. You can never have too much gear.

Originally posted by theedge
How many is enough?

Currently I have 1 pair of cycling shorts and 2 jerseys. I'm thinking about getting a new pair of bib shorts.

I dont have enough. Bloody things are expensive.

5 pairs of shorts, 2 pair of tights (one lightweight and one with windproof fronts)...no jerseys yet because I can't find any in my size.

I have so many shorts because I'm a commuter and hate climbing back into shorts in the evening that are still clammy from the morning commute. Basically, I go through 2 pairs of shorts a day.

have 3 jerseys, two pair shorts, two tights, two shoes. i learned on one rainy 2 day tour, it's nice to have two of everything. when the 1st day began it was warm. i alost left my jacket and tights in the car. they weren't calling for rain. by 1/4 mark was raining and temps were falling fast. woke up to frost and icy fog in am. nothing worse than shoes and jacket that hadnt dried overnight. now i have two of everything...

Bottoms: 6 pairs of cycling shorts, 1 set of bibs, and 2 pairs of tights that're OK as long as the rides aren't tooooo long.

Tops: 2 proper cycling jerseys, 10 (at least; probably more) assorted other sports tops that I prefer.

Damned if I'm going to do laundry during the week. ;)

4 shorts and 1 pair of knickers( for winter). And 5 jerseys.

I commute in my mountain biking shorts.. I don't want to waste the Etxe Ondo's getting to work.

Originally posted by theedge
How many is enough?

I never seem to have enough, they wear out so quickly, and cost so much. Another ongoing expense in an expensive sport!!

ummmm, i don't have a cycling outfit, i just wear a white t'shirt usally, and cargo shorts... is that a bad thing?

7 pairs of shorts (of which 3 are bibs). They are not labelled with days of the week!
1 pair of leg warmers & 1 pair of long leg tights.
4 cycling jerseys.
Could usually do with more as I go through the shorts in ~6-12 months.

6x shirts (3 club and 3 assorted.)
3x shorts (2 bibs and 1 normal)
2x long tights (1 ribbed (for pleasure) 1 lycra)
1 set lycra knee warmers
2 sets arm warmers (1 ribbed (for more pleasure), 1 lycra)

Just bought a new jersey for a 75km race at the weekend. Mmm - nice warm arms! .-D

So Now I have 2 Jerseys, 3 pairs shorts, plus a full-length triathlon suit.

Originally posted by 4900Rockpock
ummmm, i don't have a cycling outfit, i just wear a white t'shirt usally, and cargo shorts... is that a bad thing?

Thankyou! A voice of reason! If you aren't in a race there is NO excuse for wearing obnoxious spandex (or any other material for that matter) bike shorts in public. I could never wear bike shorts, and I don't want to have to look at anyone else wearing them either!

I wonder how many auto accidents have been caused by motorists either staring at a cyclist's shorts or desperately trying to avert their eyes.... hmm... driving with eyes closed is probably not a good idea.

Originally posted by stevenaleach
If you aren't in a race there is NO excuse for wearing obnoxious spandex (or any other material for that matter) bike shorts in public.
Comfort is a pretty good excuse, in my opinion. My posterior isn't tough enough to ride more than a couple of hours absolute maximum in ordinary shorts. I've tried. It's a good way to learn how to levitate, but not much else.

Originally posted by stevenaleach
I wonder how many auto accidents have been caused by motorists either staring at a cyclist's shorts or desperately trying to avert their eyes.... hmm... driving with eyes closed is probably not a good idea.
I would hope most people no longer harbour such Victorian attitudes. (Out of interest, do you ever go to swimming pools or the beach? With your eyes open?)

If you don't like 'em, fine. I don't set out to be obnoxious (clothing-wise, at least) and I wouldn't wear cycling gear (or my other exercise gear, which is a lot less "decent" than the cycling stuff) in places that are totally unrelated to exercising, such as shopping centres. I wouldn't wear it in public at all in countries where the majority of society would consider it offensive.

But in Australia, on the road, around public parkland and in other recreation areas I wear what suits my activities. I'm not going to endure more discomfort than necessary to avoid upsetting the sensibilities of a small minority.

7 bibs, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of tights, 6 jerseys, one vest, and lots of socks, and 3 skin suits.

easily 10 shorts, 5 bibs, 15 or SS jerseys, 3 long, 2 wool jerseys and about 5 or 6 pairs of arm warmers, knee warmers, leg warmers. Never enough if you ride every day and race weekends. Most of my stuff is race kits that I get cheap so I build up a steady collection over the years.

2 Shorts, 2 Jerseys, and cargo shorts and t-shirts too...personally I prefer the spandex :)

Lets see.......... 5 lycra shorts, 7 jerseys, 3 pair of socks, 2 pair of winter weight tights and 1 pair of booties. That's about as good as it gets for me!.