How many cycling shorts do you own?

alienator said:
5 sets of bibs, and 1 set of knickers.

I'll see your 5 bibs and raise you 2 skinsuits! (do they count??) :p

To the OP: ummm...what's the point of this thread by the way?

6 Bibs, 1 Skin suit and the first pair of cycling short, I ever purchased 23 years ago, that I could not wear if I wanted to.

5 pairs but 2 of those are el cheapo ones I no longer wear .... so as far as wearable pairs goes - 3

1 bib, three knicks, three mtb shorts with inserts (don't like to freak out the old ladies at the shops; in this age of litigation I'd hate to be sued for being the cause of heart failure):)

1id10t said:
1 bib, three knicks, three mtb shorts with inserts (don't like to freak out the old ladies at the shops; in this age of litigation I'd hate to be sued for being the cause of heart failure):)
At least they'd die laughing! :p

More than I can count, well over a dozen. I get two team kits at the start of the race season, so clothes add up fast. You ride enough, you will wear them out. I'd say you should have at least two pairs to rotate them through the wash cycle. You get what you pay for, quality stuff lasts.

matagi said:
At least they'd die laughing! :p
Yes, that's my other fear...what it is they're laughing at.
Excuse me, is that a mini-pump in your pocket....oh my, you don't have any pockets!!! :eek:

1id10t said:
Yes, that's my other fear...what it is they're laughing at.
Excuse me, is that a mini-pump in your pocket....oh my, you don't have any pockets!!! :eek:
OK who's got the biggest mini-pump

BTW,

Recently I noticed that my yellow and white Assos bib shorts are absorbing black from my Fizik Aliante saddle. Maybe I am sweating more as it has been very humid here in Florida.

Really burns my butt ;-) as these things are so expensive. Anyone else having this problem?

8 Lycra shorts, 1 winter tights w/ chamois (plus 2 winter tights that I wear over regular summer shorts), 3 mountain bike shorts that I haven't worn in years. No bibs, no knickers.

3 shorts. Never even tried a bib because im afraid ill want to buy them and they get kinda pricey. Are they really that much better?

3 pairs. One I never wear anymore, unless the washing did not get done. I use them for commuting.

mskaufman84 said:
3 shorts. Never even tried a bib because im afraid ill want to buy them and they get kinda pricey. Are they really that much better?
Once you buy bibs you will never use shorts again.

No pinching waistband and there is a air channel that goes down your spine that helps keep you cooler down there.

2 pair of bibs, 5 pairs of shorts. I can't believe how much better bibs are than regular shorts. Just got them within the last month and I don't think I'll ever buy another pair of shorts.