Votes: 278 25.4%
  • Five or more?

Votes: 144 13.2%
  • Ten or more?

Votes: 135 12.4%
  • I never ride the same bike twice!

Votes: 31 2.8%

• Total voters
5 for my own use...there are different bikes for different uses...Road Racing, TT, Winter Training, Full Sus MTB, Hard-tail MTB - then of course I got the wife cycling as well...Road, Full Sus MTB...

1 modified cyclo-cross for commuting -fenders, dynohub, ...etc.
1 semi-recumbent for shopping, and around town
1 mountain bike for splashing in the mud
1 ugly old single speed for winter use,and taking into thief prone Boston and other American cities.

Roadie, hardtail MTB and a 6 inch free ride bike on the way

also possibly getting a new roadie so i will keep the old one for wet rides or dragging unsuspecting people along to ride :D

One roadie and one hardtail MTB here. Tried the one-bike-only thing for a while, but it gets boring with just one kind of riding available to you.

If I'm going to get another bike, it'll be a crappy beater bike for local errands etc. (i.e. something with a frame I can actually attach a rack to :p )

I heard that the number of bikes you should own is the current number of bikes that you have +1. Amen to that!!!

hehe i totally agree

i'm just trying to track down a 2003 Giant AC2 in Sydney, no one has them in stock cause they are waiting for august to get the 2004

but i can't wait that long !!

Carbonframes - Fast Road
Santa Cruz Superlight - Mountain
Klein Attitude Custom Painted for Road - Fun
Original Specialized Stumpjumer 1981 - Semi-Retired/Pre-Museum
Raleigh Pro Mink/Silver 1972 - Retired
Raleigh Super Course Coffee Brown 1971 - Retired
Rudge Touring 1952 - Complete & Original - Museum ready

Next bike: Rivendell Atlantis

how many what? nuts? 2 - ping and pong.

Bikes 4 (down from 6 last year)

1 road
1 mtn
1 fixed gear
1 beater

I also have two bikes...

2000 Trek 8000 LT mtn
2001 Cannondale R800 road

Since relocating to the SF Bay Area a few years back I've taken to the roadie end of the spectrum, and at some point expect to part with the Trek for a second road bike

1 road - Klein Quantum Race
1 race - custom
1 MTB - Specialized Stumpjumper
1 Touring - custom
1 Track - coming soon

I have two bikes at the moment, and will be adding a road bike fairly soon....

1 MTB - Klein Attitude
1 Hybrid (for commuting) - Giant Farrago
1 Road coming soon - either Specialized Allez Comp 27/Comp Chro Mo 27 , Trek 2200/2300 or LeMond Buenos Aires/Zurich

I have one Bianchi road bike (smashed right now) and an undersized, beaten, tank of a Schwinn Moab '94-ish with a rusted immobile front suspension fork, a shot headset, and a beyond measurement stretched chain on a shot drivetrain. The latter is my winter commuter/tank bike, it is now my only bike, the other was smashed from my grasp a few weeks ago by a negligent driver's swift door. It is now in peices on my floor, with weeks and possibly months before I will even receive the money to go and order another 63cm beautiful smooth joyous road machine to propell me along at invigorating speeds seemingly free from all responsibility... If anyone has a spare drivetrain and wheelset, I may be able to bend the frame into alignment, I am interested in buying them, I am Chicago, Illinois.

Jacob

Only one bike.

Had a road bike, switched to mountain bike, now I'm getting rid of it tomorrow and going back to road bikes. A nice new LeMond.....can't wait.