Votes: 278 25.4%
  • Five or more?

Votes: 144 13.2%
  • Ten or more?

Votes: 135 12.4%
  • I never ride the same bike twice!

Votes: 31 2.8%

• Total voters
"I" own two that are ridable, my R800 for road and a MTB for fun on Sunday afternoons.

I did not count the many frames, tires, and misc parts awaiting assembly for some kid.

2 Mountain Bikes - it will be 3 this time next year. The first one I purchased was a dept. store brand I got just to see if I would like biking. The second is a Gary Fisher Tarpon. The next one will be a .......................ahhhhhhhhhhh....I'll let you all know.

The main 3:
2003 Raleigh M60 MTB with upgrades (daily rider)
2004 Specialized Sequoia Elite (weekly rider)
1993 GT Corrado (beater bike used when streets are wet & sloppy)

The fun ones: :D
1998 Schwinn Orange Krate reproduction (mint - never ridden)
1998 Schwinn Apple Krate reproduction (mint - never ridden)
1998 Schwinn Sky Blue Sting-ray reproduction (mint - never ridden)
2004 Schwinn Grey Ghost reproduction (new in box unassembled)
2004 Schwinn Coppertone Sting-Ray reproduction (arriving soon - NIB)
2005 Schwinn Pea Picker reproduction (arriving in fall - NIB)
1998 Schwinn Orange Krate reproduction with swapped out parts (neighborhood rider & wheelie bike)
197? Schwinn Continental 10 speed (fixing up for neighborhood rider)
198? Schwinn Traveler 10 speed girls bike (fixing up for my sister)

12 bikes and counting.

Assembled: :D
Rocky Mountain Thin Air (mine)
Raleigh M50 (my rain training bike)
Cannondale F700SX w/Lefty Shock (wife's)
Specialized Hardrock (wife's rain training bike)

Unassembled: :(
1999 Bianchi Campione (mine)
1964 Schwinn Paramount P10 (mine)
Custom made (by me!) Joe Bringheli Dedacciai steel frame (mine!)
2000 Binachi Eros (wife's)

Mine
1 rode bike
1 MTB hardtail

Young Son
1 MTB hardtail
1 rode

Wife
1 Comfort

HammerHead said:
You can never have too many, right?

I personally own 5.
3 A road bike. A mountain bike (hardtail). And a yardsale acquired hybrid.
I have given 2 of my old roadbikes to girlfriends, and my current lady is probably going to trade me back the roadbike for the hybrid. No great loss, as I'll still have three and the road is a better bike than the hybrid! She just can't feel secure on "those skinny tires".

Road:-

Thorn Audax Road Bike
Cannondale Triathlon Road Bike

Off Road:-

Old Diamondback Steel Frame (Tru Temper OX) Rigid Single Speed MTB
Old Cannondale M700 Rigid - Switches from MTB to Hybrid
Cannondale F1000

I now need a full suss MTB

Plus a cyclocross frame awaiting build up.

3 here:

1. Road Bike: Giant TCR Team Once Carbon Fiber with Campy Record Gruppo
2. Road Bike: Casati Monza with Shimano 105 Gruppo
3. Mnt Bike

Quite a lot, but my landlady is really starting to hassle me about it. At the moment:

1 modern hardtail MTB (nice but not so comfy)
2 old MTBs, 1 Puegot, 1 Giant (steel is an ace material for frames)
1 Fast road bike (cheap frame but **gorgeous** Mavic wheelset)
1 Touring bike (my pride and joy)
1 Early 1960's road bike (Claud Butler), ultra high quality 531 tubeset (lighter than either of my other road bikes)

The sad thing is, I am going to have to sell them all as I my landlady has just bought a second car and wants garage space (BOO! HISS!). I am going to rationalise the collection to a handbuilt tourer (much as I love the one I have it's a work of delusion to say that it fits and I think if I am only going to have one **proper** bike it should be of the highest quality) and one of the MTBs (probably the Puegeot cause it taught me to ride bikes and no-one would ever want to nick it).

If anyone might be interested in these feel free to contact me before I list them on ebay - would prefer them to go to a good home. :(

cd667,

Move! Or rent a storage unit. Or pack the bikes up in a bike box and put them up in the attick or something. Don't sell something that you love as you'll regret it later. You won't be living there forever, but you may want those bikes in a few years. I'm a firm believer in holding on to some things for sentimental value.

2 bikes here

1. Giant OCR3 2002 (primary bike)
2. Old Peugeot (on cycle trainer but once i get the front brakes fixed, i'll cycle with it every now and again)

:)

'98 Trek Road Tandem- True Temper Steel
'92 Colnago Road Bike- Columbus SLX Steel
'85 Diamond Back MTB- Tange Chrome-Moly
'82 Trek Road Touring- Reynolds 531 Steel

(You guessed it, I like steel tubing!). I'm looking at the date-intervals above- appears that I'm due for a another one- maybe one suited especially for climbing mountain roads- a triple, uuuuum, should it be steel this time?- Reynolds 853.......:confused:

Currently own 4
1. 1985 Colnago Victory w/ Campy Victory gruppo, red with white, never ridden
2. 1987 Bianchi w/Campy C-Record gruppo, celeste and was raced heavily in the late 80s early 90s
3. 1991 Colnago Master w/ Campy Record gruppo, red with yellow fade, looks ugly actually but it was a steal at $250 USD in 1993
4. 2000 Colnago C-40 w/ Campy Record gruppo, brownish red

Used to own:
1. 1980 Renegade with Shimano Dura-Ace AX (I believe), black and red. This was the bike I started with and sady my love affair with Italian frames took over. I gave it away to a youngster in 1995 who wanted to start racing, in 2002, he passed it on to somebody else. Very light and very responsive.
2. 1986 Bianchi Campione D'Italia with Ofmega Master gruppo. I bought this bike as a backup to the Renegade, it was supposed to get me back and forth to University. However, a drunk driver decided to drive on the wrong side of the road and hit the back end of the frame after a few months of riding. The resulting court case netted me enough to buy both the Colnago Victory and the 1987 Bianchi.

Want to Own:
1. Colnago Ferrari. Man it looks beautiful and I have extra wall space unadorned by any other art-form.
2. A good mountain bike.

At one time I had six early Moultons but after a huge amount of therapy and counselling I was able to sell them and get on with my life. :)

I have 5 bmx bikes (’83 Hutch Pro, 2000 Diamondback Venom, 2000 PK Ripper, 2000 Schwinn Powermatic Mag, 2000 Univega Super G).

I also have 2 mtn bikes (2003 Cannondale F600, 1999 Pacific mtn bike with Panniers)

Last of all 2 road bikes (2002 Giant TCR Aero 2, 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team w/ DuraAce & Ksyrium SSC SL’s)

I got 5

1 Bauer commuter road bike
1 Cervelo superprodigy
1 MTB full sus XC race bike
1 MTB full sus free ride
1 single speeder

The trick is to ride them all at least once per week!

I have TWO bikes at the moment:

1. Hardtail MTB - '01 Schwinn Homegrown Limited Hardtail (the last of the great homegrown line, anodized gold, full xtr, sid race ti. Bought it just as Schwinn/GT sold out to Pacific and dropped the homegrowns, a damn shame.)

2. Road Bike - Cervelo R2.5 (purchased about two weeks ago, picking it up this week!)