Votes: 278 25.4%
  • Five or more?

Votes: 144 13.2%
  • Ten or more?

Votes: 135 12.4%
  • I never ride the same bike twice!

Votes: 31 2.8%

• Total voters
the proper # of bikes for the enthusiast is X+1, with X = the current # of bikes in your quiver. this is a quote from somewhere, but I sure do believe it.

I've got seven: (all with air in the tubes (no tubes on the c'dale), and ridable)

Surly Karate Monkey
Cannondale Jekyl 3000
Lemond Maillo Jaune
Marin Ultimate
univega fixie
Schwinn World Tourist
Schwinn Townie (50 yrs. old?)
next? a tandem..

1 18sp sub 17.lbs racer 53/42 roadie full d/a

1 18sp 19pound rec. trainer/racer with higher drops 26mm tires compact 50/34
canks (used for travel to mountians and for foul weather training)
1 18sp time trial bike 54/42 hed tri-spoke and disc. fulll d/a

1 27sp mountian bike dually gt w idrive xt comp
4-total (for now!)

I own 3 bikes
Two are mountain bikes. I am thinking of converting my trek 6500 into a fixed gear bike to help with my pedalling dynamics. I own a 2002 Trek Fuel 100 which is one sweet ride. I also own a 2002 Trek 2300 which is also great. Saving up for a Project One Trek Madone 5.9.

Can't wait for my tax refund.

This is our 2 wheeled inventory, including wifey's and my two sons...

2004 Trek 1500 (mine)
2004 Cannondale R600 (She who must be obeyed...)
2004 Schwinn 240 DSX MTB (mine)
2004 Schwinn Meranno Hybrid (wifey's)
1974 Peugeot UO-8 (my first "good" bike purchased 30 years ago when I was 12)
1972 Peugeot PX-10 2004 "clone" project (my interpretation of what a new 2004 PX-10 would look like, made out of an old UO-8. Turned out fantastic!)
2004 Haro Backtrail X1 BMX (oldest son's ride, he's 12)
2004 Haro F2 BMX (youngest son's ride, he's 9)

My youngest son has expressed a real interest in road racing but "nothing but a Madone will do Dad !...":eek:

My 12 year old is going with us on a 100 mile charity ride this year. Should be interesting. This kid usually loves nothing other than dirt.

Cycling is a great sport and you can never have enough rides around the place!! :D

Three for me - Giant TCR Alloy w/Ultegra, Kestrel Talon w/Ultegra, and Specialized S-Works Tarmac w/Dura-Ace.

just the nago crystal at the moment unless you count the old useless Cdales and schwinn 3-speeder that are just lying around. soon to ad a bellesi for racing and a custom made mercian for the trails.

1. A totally bombproof Bianchi used for training in wintertimes and really bad weather.
  2. Two designated training rides (with SRM powermeters): Pinarello Galileo and TREK 5200
  3. A TREK 5900 used for racing
  4. And finally the dependable commuting bike :D
IMG has it really come to this?
I seem to remember "only" owning 2 bikes for years and years, a fine commuter and a 'cheap' roadracer, ahh well the days long gone ;)

I have two bikes right now.
2004 Orbea Mitis road
2005 Orbea Scape mtb frame with:
manitou minute 2
avid disc
mavic819 rims
chris king hubs
raceface crank
carbon seatpost, handlebars
its nice to train with the two bikes

CMYKLess said:
I also have two bikes...

2000 Trek 8000 LT mtn
2001 Cannondale R800 road

Since relocating to the SF Bay Area a few years back I've taken to the roadie end of the spectrum, and at some point expect to part with the Trek for a second road bike
the potential of about four others that are in piecies with the groupo's in a box all these are mountainbikes that i have killed in the past (LX XT ACERA DEORE groupo's).

but i have 3 that are usuable, one MTB that i use for winter training, a Tiger whirlwind with tri bars for poor weather, and my carbon composite for nice days and faster upper tempo rides.

closesupport said:
the potential of about four others that are in piecies with the groupo's in a box all these are mountainbikes that i have killed in the past (LX XT ACERA DEORE groupo's).

but i have 3 that are usuable, one MTB that i use for winter training, a Tiger whirlwind with tri bars for poor weather, and my carbon composite for nice days and faster upper tempo rides.
I currently have 3 bikes...a 1979 Falcon 10sp road bike, a Raleigh M50 MTB and my new baby. E 2004 Lemond Tourmalet Triple, which I absolutely love. It is my first new roadie since 1979 (but that wasn't my Falcon, THAT was a Viscount). I think I am going to buy another roadie as a trainer or spare..that will probably be a Specialized Allez ro Allez Sport. I can't believe how easy it is to get hooked on this stuff and love it.

L'chaim,

Brian

I have eight bicycles not counting my mountain bike and our '96 Comotion Double Espresso tandem. My collection consists of a '51 Raleigh Lenton w/SA AM hub, a '52 Claud Butler w/Simplex 4-speed RD, a late 50's Super Elliot w/10 speed Gran Sport F&RD, a '60 Viking w/SA ASC hub, a 70's Ecllipse w/all Campy & Modolo equipment, a 71 Paramount, a 72 Mercian, and a 74 Ken Rogers racing trike. A bike for every day of the week.

oldtrikerider said:
I have eight bicycles not counting my mountain bike and our '96 Comotion Double Espresso tandem. My collection consists of a '51 Raleigh Lenton w/SA AM hub, a '52 Claud Butler w/Simplex 4-speed RD, a late 50's Super Elliot w/10 speed Gran Sport F&RD, a '60 Viking w/SA ASC hub, a 70's Ecllipse w/all Campy & Modolo equipment, a 71 Paramount, a 72 Mercian, and a 74 Ken Rogers racing trike. A bike for every day of the week.
Airborne Blackbird '05
De Rosa Pista 80's
Bob Jackson for centuries
Santa Cruz Blur '04
Fisher Paragon '03
Sycip Single Speed early 90's
Trek Touring late 80's
Bontrager Race Lite '94
Nirve 3 speed rain bike
Philips 3 speed 60's
Urago roadie gone single speed from the 60's
3 Schwinn cruisers