How many flats? tubes? Nashbar? wieyecandy

Freehub

Jun 15, 2007
I think I've had 7 flats, so far this year.
how many have u had?

My LBS only sells "pyramid" tubes.
Anyone know if they're any good.
What brand road tubes do you use.

I just received my first Nasbar order. I got a pair of Louis Garneau shorts. They were marked down to 39 bucs. The chamois is pretty thin yet comfortable. But I didn't know they would be this shiny. I also got a pair of Cannondale half-finger gloves.
Anyone else like ordering on-line. With the limited choices at my LBS, it's nice to have the online stores to shop at. Only thing is, there's a lot of unknowns.

cl.jpg

I simply can't ride a road bike without flat protection. The tires are just too thin. I use kevlar belted Pasela TG tires. The tubes have little to do with it unless they are filled with slime. Some cruiser size tubes are extra thick but this will ruin your flat protection.

garage sale GT said:
I simply can't ride a road bike without flat protection. The tires are just too thin. I use kevlar belted Pasela TG tires. The tubes have little to do with it unless they are filled with slime. Some cruiser size tubes are extra thick but this will ruin your flat protection.
Reduced rolling resistance does come with a price.

Oops, I garbled that one. The extra thick tubes will increase your rolling resistance while helping marginally with flat protection.

I always inspect my tires after a ride and usually wind up digging out a shard of glass or two. I am sure it would eat its way through the kevlar eventually.