How many have ribbles' top end disc road bikes? dead riding or a joy, or in between?

mtnbikerva1

May 30, 2010
Likes and dislikes?
Slow or sluggish handling?
Heavy?
What rides have you owned or ridden for comparison?

I don't want to answer for CampyBob but he seems to like them a lot, and I can't ever recall him using the words slow or sluggish or heavy when describing Ribble bikes, all I've have ever heard was praise for them, and he's mentioned the cost is right. There was a post I read where CampyBob (I'm going on memory) that a Ribble bike was just as good as a more pricer name brand bike (can't recall the brand, I think it was Wiler) but if he destroyed a Ribble frame he would be less concerned due to the low cost of the frame.

If you're thinking of racing with the bike then I would get it, because as a person who use to race and have known a lot of guys who have, the philosophy (for some anyways) is only buy a bike that's good enough that you can afford to replace should it be destroyed in an accident, something that Campybob and I agree on due to experience. I knew guys that ran with aluminium bikes and Shimano 105 components back in the 90's and early 2000's, because the frame replacement was cheap, as were the components. Those 105 components held up to abuse quite well, but most importantly the frames could be replaced very inexpensively. These frames were not generic no name frames, even though they were a decal frame of a generic frame...huh you scream? The Ribble bike brand is not a manufacture brand, they get the frames as a generic frame and plaster on the Ribble name, this is actually better in terms of warranty protection than buying a generic frame direct from the manufacture since dealing with Chinese manufactures directly is all but impossible to get a warranty issue handled. Thus by having a decal of Ribble in this case gives you warranty protection you would not otherwise have.

Only racers with limitless finances will go out and race on a Colnago V1-r and not be worried if they crash and burn it. If that's you then get the V1-r, if not then get the Ribble.

I don't want to answer for CampyBob but he seems to like them a lot, and I can't ever recall him using the words slow or sluggish or heavy when describing Ribble bikes, all I've have ever heard was praise for them, and he's mentioned the cost is right. There was a post I read where CampyBob (I'm going on memory) that a Ribble bike was just as good as a more pricer name brand bike (can't recall the brand, I think it was Wiler) but if he destroyed a Ribble frame he would be less concerned due to the low cost of the frame.

If you're thinking of racing with the bike then I would get it, because as a person who use to race and have known a lot of guys who have, the philosophy (for some anyways) is only buy a bike that's good enough that you can afford to replace should it be destroyed in an accident, something that Campybob and I agree on due to experience. I knew guys that ran with aluminium bikes and Shimano 105 components back in the 90's and early 2000's, because the frame replacement was cheap, as were the components. Those 105 components held up to abuse quite well, but most importantly the frames could be replaced very inexpensively. These frames were not generic no name frames, even though they were a decal frame of a generic frame...huh you scream? The Ribble bike brand is not a manufacture brand, they get the frames as a generic frame and plaster on the Ribble name, this is actually better in terms of warranty protection than buying a generic frame direct from the manufacture since dealing with Chinese manufactures directly is all but impossible to get a warranty issue handled. Thus by having a decal of Ribble in this case gives you warranty protection you would not otherwise have.

Only racers with limitless finances will go out and race on a Colnago V1-r and not be worried if they crash and burn it. If that's you then get the V1-r, if not then get the Ribble.
Logical.
Thank you.