How many hours do you sleep?

BlueIcarus

Dec 30, 2003
Just curious... After factoring out all posible things due to overtraining.. maybe it's because i barely
sleep 6 hours (normally between 5-6 hours). I train 1 hour/day

What do you think?

BlueIcarus said:
Just curious... After factoring out all posible things due to overtraining.. maybe it's because i barely
sleep 6 hours (normally between 5-6 hours). I train 1 hour/day

What do you think?
unfortunately, I only sleep 3-4 hrs a night. I crash on the week-ends and get about 7 hours. I would prefer a consistent 6-7 hours every night but my work schedule prevents that.

Min. 8 hours a night.I painfully adjusted my schedule to allow for sleep.A good sleep routine helps you recover,prevents sickness,and is great for stress.

I began this routine while I was distance running,it makes all the difference in the world.(Unfortunatly it does nothing for bad knees):mad:

JTEK said:
You forgot an option

"Not enough" lol
LOL usally it's me sayin that
but this time they covered me lol
I havent slept much over 5 to 6 hours a nite sense I hurt my back
I dont move much after I lay down so I usaly wake up in same spot and place I laied down in
and usally hurting too
some nites I just lay there for 3 or 4 hours then get up no sleep at all
but thankfully those arent too oftend

I lay in bed just about 8 hours every time but at most I get 6, I dont' sleep well and I toss and turn all night.

rumptis said:
I lay in bed just about 8 hours every time but at most I get 6, I dont' sleep well and I toss and turn all night.
i have 3 hours at night and maybe about 2-2.5hrs after work.

5 out of seven days a week,sundays and wednesday i get 9 or 10 hours of sleep, well unless its a bankholiday, then wednesday i get sameas every otherday, its a bummer when you wanna be on the track after 3hrs sleep and 12hrs awake :)

Normally about 6-8 hours or so. I prefer it to be closer to 8 than 6 :)

But I do have this weird thing where if I have "too much" sleep (say 12 hours), I'm tired and lethargic for the whole day.. ??

I have 3 kids...ergo I don't sleep anywhere near as much as I need. 6-7 hours max, maybe 8-9 on Saturday. Think I'll go take my nap now...

IMO many on the poll don't get nearly enough sleep, bet that doesn't help recovery much at all. I'm lucky enough that I can get 8-9 hours a night and a mid-day nap in as well most days.

KakenBetaal said:
IMO many on the poll don't get nearly enough sleep, bet that doesn't help recovery much at all. I'm lucky enough that I can get 8-9 hours a night and a mid-day nap in as well most days.
I am IN bed for 7 to 8.5 hours, usually 7.5. Not sure how much actual sleep I get, but it's likely an hour less. I sometimes take a 10-40 min nap after work before riding. I used to get 6 to 7 hours max sleep, and was yawning all the time at work, etc. 7.5 seems to be about right, and any nap is a bonus.

rek said:
Normally about 6-8 hours or so. I prefer it to be closer to 8 than 6 :)

But I do have this weird thing where if I have "too much" sleep (say 12 hours), I'm tired and lethargic for the whole day.. ??
rek, I have the same problem. I call it a sleep hangover. It doesn't take 12 hours for me, though. I usually get around 6.5 - 7.5 hours a night. Anything more than 9 and I'm worthless. My head feels huge and aches, I'm tired, and I can't get moving.

From what I've read that could be because of an extended sleep deficit - i.e. you need to do lots more sleeping to catch up on accumulated lost sleep. IANAE though.

KakenBetaal said:
From what I've read that could be because of an extended sleep deficit - i.e. you need to do lots more sleeping to catch up on accumulated lost sleep. IANAE though.
I DO CATCH UP ON SLEEP! I FIND I SLEEP AFTER MEALS! I HAVE 3 /4 HOURS SLEEP EACH NIGHT, I GO TO WORK I SLEEP AGAIN FOR A FURTHER 3/4 HOURS,

I FIND TRAINING EASIER THEN WHEN I WORKED 8HRS THEN TRAINED

I don't know if this is true, but I have heard things about quality of sleep, and it said that once you become more active you won't really need as much sleep in quantity, since you will get less but better quality sleep, i dunno if its true or not.....has anyone else heard this?

I love sleep! I think 8hrs a night is ideal for me, but when you're getting up around 4 or 4:30am its sometimes closer to 7hrs sleep. I'm also a big believer in the sunday afternoon nap for 2 or 3 hrs, after having done 100+km in the morning. This said, I'm single and don't have any kids, so i have a little bit more time to myself than some other people. :)

Nitrojan646 said:
I don't know if this is true, but I have heard things about quality of sleep, and it said that once you become more active you won't really need as much sleep in quantity, since you will get less but better quality sleep, i dunno if its true or not.....has anyone else heard this?
Don't know how scientifically true it is but that's been my experience and what I preach to others.

Grant

During school year I sleep max. 7 hours per night! It`s not enough, but I can`t get used to go to bed before midnight! Fortunately it`s my last year of regular school!

During holidays I sleep around 9 hours per night and I think that`s perfect for me! At weekends I sleep for 10 hours too, but it`s normal because I get too little of it during weekdays!

probably 7 or 8 hours a day but i find that if i've had 3 hard training days in a row that could go to 9 or 10 hours.when that happens i know i need a rest day.:(