How Many Hours Do You Train Per Week?

An old Guy said:
I just love these guys who claim to race on low hours. The Cat2's I know train on the road 4 days a week: Tue 4h, Thur 4h, Sat 6h, Sun 6h. And then 3 days a week indoors. 
So when do these "Cat 2s" that you know find time to race? I don't know a single person who puts in that amount of time that does not ride a bike for a living. I am submitting my upgrade here shortly, so I trained to be at a Cat 2 level and my biggest week was 22hrs during base. When I am racing/training my weeks are 14-16hrs. During my peak weeks I am down to basically just racing and brushing up on things throughout the week. Trust me 20+ hours when you have any type of life off the bike is very difficult, heck 15 hrs is hard.

Do the weekend tt, crit, or road race and then finish up with a training ride.

---

There are lots of guys who have lives and find 20+ hours a week to engage in other endevors.

An old Guy said:
Do the weekend tt, crit, or road race and then finish up with a training ride. --- There are lots of guys who have lives and find 20+ hours a week to engage in other endevors.
That is maybe something that people will do on ocassion when building base, but I don't know anyone who does that on a regular basis, and I know some pretty spectacular cyclists. It is not needed, what would be the point in doing a race and then going out on a 2hr L1/L2 ride? What would you gain from unless it is early season and you are still building base?

Originally Posted by bgoetz .

That is maybe something that people will do on ocassion when building base, but I don't know anyone who does that on a regular basis, and I know some pretty spectacular cyclists. It is not needed, what would be the point in doing a race and then going out on a 2hr L1/L2 ride? What would you gain from unless it is early season and you are still building base?
You continue to ride after a race because doing the race is not enough work for your training plan.

That is not my question. What purpose does it serve in their training when done outside of a base building period? You talk like you are an expert on these things, so give me your answer.

Originally Posted by bgoetz .

That is not my question. What purpose does it serve in their training when done outside of a base building period? You talk like you are an expert on these things, so give me your answer.
My answer "You continue to ride after a race because doing the race is not enough work for your training plan" does seem to answer your question.

---

If you think I talk like an expert, perhaps you should pay me for the answers you demand.

No, the fact that you don't understand what I am getting at just highlights your lack of knowledge on cycling training. I am done, it isn't really fair, kinda like clubbing baby seals