how many jearsys do you all own?

Margaret McC said:
I have a short-sleeved us postal shirt, a T.D.F yellow jersey and a thermal lomg sleeve us postal shirt. (nor exactly feminine, but very comfortable);)
I have about 10 or more, anyone no where u can buy team skinsuits or sleeveless jerseys.

4 short sleeve and one long sleeve.

My favorite is my white jersey from the 2004 Ride for the Roses, the Lance Armstrong Foundation's cancer survivorship fundraising event.

Well, since I've been riding for 30+ years, LOTS. I even found some in a box in the attic that had dry rotted. I can say I've owned at least 50. During the 30 years I grew from 190 to 230 to 220 to well you get the idea. In addition, not many of the manufacturers consider the girthier rider with an atheltic build. With a 49" chest, 18" arms and a 36" waist, not too many fit well. Thinking I'm going to have to drink more beer to take up the slack in those XXXL's.:D

RWillieK said:
I don't have yet :( I just wear t-shirts for now.

Robbie

I used to wear T-shirts too but when you crash a T-shirt will get pulled up by the road and I have several scars on my waist to show that happened to me. I have one jersey ( will have a club jersey soon) and I am wearing it now.

I counted about 35 short sleeved and 4 long sleeved. The short sleeved ones are various weight materials. Some really light weight materials for summer time, and some heavier ones for in the fall. I agree with some of the other members, e-bay is the best place to find bike jerseys. I like being able to wear a different one every day when riding and just do one big wash at the end of the week.

I went from none to a ton this last summer. I joined a RAGBRAI team and quickly found a need for additional clothes. Seven days on the bike, seven nights in a tent, cold showers and no laundry. I encourage everybody to join in on the fun!

I only own 3, they are pretty expensive and i have never not had anything to wear while cycling. if i could afford it though, i would buy more.

Darnit! I just voted one but I remember now I have two! I have my regular "favorite" jersey and my MS-150 TeamUT jersey.

I'll probably get another eventually - I really like some of the PRIMALWEAR brand jerseys...very colorful.

Let's see... (counting)

Impossible for me to go by memory (since I have none) so I'll guestimate around 10.

4 - I never wore a proper jersey until I got some from sponsorship & now I'm sold. I've only bought one, & that was to test the fabric before we approached the company in question for sponsorship....hopefully it will also be the last jersey I need to buy until I reach old age :)

Been riding for 15 years. Still have every jersey I have ever owned. More than 40. When I bought my first one I was told to wash it in cold water, gentle cycle, then hang dry (no drying machine). This advice was spot on. Every one of them is still wearable. www.the-bike-shop.com/training

wyllisx2 said:
I do Don, except I do have all my hair. If I could only find the Fat Guy Bike Team jerseys I'd buy a few. :D

You mean this one?
fatguy.jpg

(The image tags don't seem to be working. Click on the link for a visual.)

You can get it here. I've already asked my wife for one for my birthday.

plainjim said:
You mean this one?
fatguy.jpg

(The image tags don't seem to be working. Click on the link for a visual.)

You can get it here. I've already asked my wife for one for my birthday.

Sweet!!! That's it. I have got to get one of those. TYVM :D

Only caveat is that I'm 6' 177lbs. Not really fat but out of shape with a gut that seems to be genetic. I've never been able to get rid it even in highschool when I was on a swim team & swam 3 miles a day while being 6' 136lbs.

wyllisx2 said:
Sweet!!! That's it. I have got to get one of those. TYVM :D

Only caveat is that I'm 6' 177lbs. Not really fat but out of shape with a gut that seems to be genetic. I've never been able to get rid it even in highschool when I was on a swim team & swam 3 miles a day while being 6' 136lbs.

OK, I'm 6' and 184. That's the best weight I've had in years; I got up to 217 two summers ago and disgusted myself. At this weight, I'm in the best shape I've ever been, and my wife gives me that, "Who are you, and when are the aliens bringing back my husband?" look every now and then. (I just started riding again in October 2004 after a hiatus of about three decades - during which time, I was too lazy to even be called a "couch potato". At least they get up for snacks every now and then!)

At 50, I don't know how much more weight I'm likely to lose. I'm not likely to ever be as thin as I was in high school (barring catching some wasting disease!). I'd like to find a plateau below 180; if I can do that, I think I'm doing well.

As for jerseys, to bring it back to the topic, I have four, soon to be six; one short sleeve, two long sleeve technical fabric (they were on a "two-fer" deal), and a moth-eaten wool longsleeve that was passed down to me by an acquaintance. I need another short sleeve, and maybe a sleeveless; when I do the trainer in the garage, I'm just dripping with sweat at the end of my 30-minute routine, and that sole shortsleeve gets too skanky to put back on. (I never thought I'd be doing so much laundry!)

I gave some away to people as a memory and some to friends who don't have that many. So I am stuck with only about 15 left, thats less than the girlfriend :)

I have two and am having difficulty finding women's jersey's that I actually would wear. The bike shops here stock the most horrific female jersey's that I have ever seen. They all seem to come with big cartoon strawberries or cartoon dogs. All I want is something plain with no team logos. Mail order doesn't seem to delivery overseas and if they do they all seem to warn about excessive customs duty.

Eleven today. One more in the mail. Hopefully more for Christmas. I'm not stopping until I squeeze my wife's stuff out of the closet.

jmaes said:
Eleven today. One more in the mail. Hopefully more for Christmas. I'm not stopping until I squeeze my wife's stuff out of the closet.

Man if tried to do that I'd be homeless. My wife works with the 4 times rule... Whenever I buy 1 thing for me, she buys 4 for her. :( So doing the math just to catch up today, hmm I'd need about 100 more jerseys at an average of $30.00 each that's $3000.00. Now factor in the 4 times rule & those 100 will cost me $15k. :eek:

I have a long sleeve blue one, and a short sleeve Corona Extra one. I have 2 jerseys from crew (rowing) that I use if I feel like it, they dont have pockets, put i only put my phone and key in my back pocket anyway. I just end up putting that stuff in my sadle bag.

The Corona one makes me look really spiffy.