How many km's on a Cateye Astrale battery?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ritcho, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to 11,000. The website reckons about 3 years for a battery, so there must be some riders out there with some big numbers on their odometers...

    ... and let's have none of this re-programming when you put in a new battery! A new battery = 00000km :)

    Ritch

    PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd reach 10K OK? Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!

    Tags:

  2. "ritcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to
    > 11,000. The website reckons about 3 years for a battery,
    > so there must be some riders out there with some big
    > numbers on their odometers...
    >
    > .. and let's have none of this re-programming when you put
    > in a new battery! A new battery = 00000km :)
    >
    > Ritch
    >
    > PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd
    > reach 10K OK? Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!

    My road bike 5946 km Mountain bike 1670 km Triathlon
    bike 2471 km

    (Total is 11086 km.)

    It suprises me how much it is when you add it all up. I
    always feel like I don't do as much cycling as I "should".

    I need one on my kayak. That's clocked up a few K's over the
    last three years.

    Marty

  3. Nickzx6r

    Nickzx6r Guest

    ritcho wrote:

    > I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to
    > 11,000. The website reckons about 3 years for a battery,
    > so there must be some riders out there with some big
    > numbers on their odometers...
    >
    > .. and let's have none of this re-programming when you put
    > in a new battery! A new battery = 00000km :)
    >
    > Ritch
    >
    > PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd
    > reach 10K OK? Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!
    >

    > --

    Good on ya Ritch. It's good to have goals.

    I decided way back when that I could get a new road bike
    when mine had done 25000km. Surprisingly I actually made it
    that far, so I couldn't break a promise.

    Apparently my new frame should be good for at least
    100,000km so I'll be posting again in about 15 years or so
    with pics of the nex tnew bike ;)

    --
    Nick

  4. Ray Peace

    Ray Peace Guest

    I have an antique Cateye CC-7000 and the
    battery has been in it, from my records, for over seven
    years. In that time it has done, what? I think 28,000 km,
    coming up to go around the clock for the third time if the
    battery doesn't finally cark it first. I like seeing the
    9999.9 go to .0 because it doesn't happen often. I count
    down the last .1 km from Ten to Blast Off! when it does it.
    The last time, without looking at my records, was mid-2002,
    and it's back up to 8600 again now. <br> Regards, <br>

    news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au"> <pre wrap="">"ritcho" <a class="moz-txt-link-
    rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><rjlongm-
    [email protected]></a> wrote in message<br><a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]
    r.com">news:[email protected]</a>-
    cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to 11,000.
    The website<br>reckons about 3 years for a battery, so there
    must be some riders out<br>there with some big numbers on
    their odometers...<br><br>.. and let's have none of this re-
    programming when you put in a new<br>battery! A new battery
    deliberate brag - I never thought I'd reach 10K OK?<br> Let
    km<br>Mountain bike 1670 km<br>Triathlon bike 2471
    much it is when you add it all up. I always feel like
    one on my kayak. That's clocked up a few K's over the last

  5. Fred Nieman

    Fred Nieman Guest

    ritcho wrote:

    > I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to
    > 11,000. The website reckons about 3 years for a battery,
    > so there must be some riders out there with some big
    > numbers on their odometers...
    >
    > .. and let's have none of this re-programming when you put
    > in a new battery! A new battery = 00000km :)
    >
    > Ritch
    >
    > PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd
    > reach 10K OK? Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!

    The batteries in my various Cateye Astrales seemed to conk
    out after about 3 years/25 000 km.

    Btw, does anyone know where in Melbourne they sell the
    cheapest CA mounting thingies? I'm sooooooo sick of burning
    the coating off those (maybe designed to be?) fragile sensor
    wires (yes, you CAN fix them) with a ciggie
    lighter/soldering iron/combination of both to get them
    working again...

    Ooops - looks like this is a competetion! The Cateye Astrale
    I bought in Shibuya, Tokyo, in 1923, lasted me 1 000 years/
    20 billion kilometres...

    ps: seriously, does anyone know where you can get reasonably
    priced replacement mount+wire bits?