How many km's on a Cateye Astrale battery?

ritcho

Guest
I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to 11,000. The website
reckons about 3 years for a battery, so there must be some riders out
there with some big numbers on their odometers...

... and let's have none of this re-programming when you put in a new
battery! A new battery = 00000km :)

Ritch

PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd reach 10K OK?
Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!

--

"ritcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to 11,000. The website
> reckons about 3 years for a battery, so there must be some riders out
> there with some big numbers on their odometers...
>
> .. and let's have none of this re-programming when you put in a new
> battery! A new battery = 00000km :)
>
> Ritch
>
> PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd reach 10K OK?
> Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!

My road bike 5946 km
Mountain bike 1670 km
Triathlon bike 2471 km

(Total is 11086 km.)

It suprises me how much it is when you add it all up. I always feel like I
don't do as much cycling as I "should".

I need one on my kayak. That's clocked up a few K's over the last three
years.

Marty

ritcho wrote:

> I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to 11,000. The website
> reckons about 3 years for a battery, so there must be some riders out
> there with some big numbers on their odometers...
>
> .. and let's have none of this re-programming when you put in a new
> battery! A new battery = 00000km :)
>
> Ritch
>
> PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd reach 10K OK?
> Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!
>

> --

Good on ya Ritch. It's good to have goals.

I decided way back when that I could get a new road bike when mine had
done 25000km. Surprisingly I actually made it that far, so I couldn't
break a promise.

Apparently my new frame should be good for at least 100,000km so I'll be
posting again in about 15 years or so with pics of the nex tnew bike ;)

--
Nick

<head>
</head>
Greetings, <br>
I have an antique Cateye CC-7000 and the battery has been
in it, from my records, for over seven years. In that time it has done, what?
I think 28,000 km, coming up to go around the clock for the third time if
the battery doesn't finally cark it first. I like seeing the 9999.9 go to
0.0 because it doesn't happen often. I count down the last .1 km from Ten
to Blast Off! when it does it. The last time, without looking at my records,
was mid-2002, and it's back up to 8600 again now. <br>
Regards, <br>
Ray. <br>
Marty Wallace wrote:<br>

ritcho wrote:

> I cracked 10,000 about three weeks ago, almost up to 11,000. The website
> reckons about 3 years for a battery, so there must be some riders out
> there with some big numbers on their odometers...
>
> .. and let's have none of this re-programming when you put in a new
> battery! A new battery = 00000km :)
>
> Ritch
>
> PS. ok, that was a deliberate brag - I never thought I'd reach 10K OK?
> Let me have a moment of (p.poor) glory!

The batteries in my various Cateye Astrales seemed to conk out after
about 3 years/25 000 km.

Btw, does anyone know where in Melbourne they sell the cheapest CA
mounting thingies? I'm sooooooo sick of burning the coating off those
(maybe designed to be?) fragile sensor wires (yes, you CAN fix them)
with a ciggie lighter/soldering iron/combination of both to get them
working again...

Ooops - looks like this is a competetion!
The Cateye Astrale I bought in Shibuya, Tokyo, in 1923, lasted me 1 000
years/ 20 billion kilometres...

***

ps: seriously, does anyone know where you can get reasonably priced
replacement mount+wire bits?