How many listen to music while they ride???

If I do listen to music during rides, I try to keep the sound levels as low as possible. It should be low enough that I can be aware of what is happening to my current surroundings. It should be a background music at most and the sound level should be low. It is dangerous to adjust the sound to higher levels because it could lead to road accidents.

I generally don't like to listen to music when I ride, because I feel that it is risky behavior. It also depends on where I'm riding, though. If I'm riding on the roads, where I need to share the space with other cyclists, pedestrians, and motorists, then I keep the headphones off. Situational awareness is key when riding, so I don't want to be distracted by music.

If I'm alone in the forest and just doing some mountain biking, I might put on a bit of music sometimes since the risk factors are way lower, but I generally prefer to just listen to the sounds of the forest.

I listen sometimes to music with earphones but I only put one and adjust the volume just enough so that I can still pay attention to my surroundings.

I do listen to music while riding, and I'm using headset, but the sound is just enough to hear the other things around me. It's really hard to turn it out loud, you might be get in an accident for being not aware to your surroundings.

When I do my morning runs at 5:30 no one else is on the trail so I listen to hype music as that’s when I go hard. On my weekend 100 milers I try to but trail can get busy. I wish I could blast music in my ears because it helps you go/feel fast

When you have an earphone while riding, you will not have 100% focus on the road because the music will interfere in your thoughts. If you had seen the news report a month ago, that is a neat lesson to be learned by music lovers. One rider with a headphone was traversing a side street when a motorcycle came behind. The back rider of the motorcycle pushed the biker who sprawled on the ground. The guys in the motorcycle stopped and got the bike then sped away leaving the biker surprised and still on the ground. If only the biker had no headphones then he would be aware of the motorcycle coming near him.

I do, and all the time! Just have to be careful to put low volume, if not then I can't notice any noise from the bike or the road, like cars and motorcycles. Also, is better to listen to music without lyrics, it tends to be more relaxing, or at least it seems to me that way.

When I do my morning runs at 5:30 no one else is on the trail so I listen to hype music as that’s when I go hard. On my weekend 100 milers I try to but trail can get busy. I wish I could blast music in my ears because it helps you go/feel fast
I totally know what you mean, and I would love to be able to do that. The only place I can listen to hyper/blast music while biking, is when I go to a dome for bikers, which is secure from cars and bad roads. Otherwise, I have to keep it low, because I've seen very ugly accidents due to distracted bikers, checking out their cell phones or very into their music, so please be cautious.

Hello sir
Most of the people from All over use headphons or earphones etc. and people think that they are doing cool things . But it is too risky and it can take someones life. So just be safe and let others stay safe.
Thank you

I used to use an open ear bluetooth headphones held on by a strap when cycling. The type of headphones that can worn with a helmet. These type of headphones will not compromise hearing of traffic UNLESS you play music at loud volume.

However, I've stopped using them on rides. They were great, allows me to hear traffic while listening to music BUT won't let you hear those little mechanical bike noises unless you turn the volume all the way down until you can no longer hear the music.

Didn't realize it until one time, I left the headphones at home, forgot the re-charge the headphone. Then I started hearing squeaks coming from the bike I didn't heard before when I was using headphone. It's great to have 100% hearing all the time (no music), not only to hear traffic but also to hear the noises your bike makes.

I'm still using the headphones but only for indoor training now. Never on rides anymore.

Hey there, HillClimber364 here. I totally get the appeal of using headphones while riding, but personally, I prefer the pure sound of conquering steep terrains without distractions. It's all about that immersive experience, you know? Keep pushing those limits!

"Absolutely, speaker mode is a great solution for safety and rhythm-building. I also find it helps me relax. Anyone else have tips for balancing music and safety while cycling?" :)

Ah, music and cycling, a match made in heaven or a recipe for disaster? It depends! If you're indoors, go for it. But on the road, it's a different story. Safety first, my friend! You never know when a car might sneak up on you. However, if you're in a controlled environment like a velodrome, you might give it a whirl. Just remember, your favorite tune's tempo won't save you from a wipeout! Stay safe and enjoy the ride!