How many lover of Zombie

G.T. wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> >

> > BTW: I think REVCO has a new album featuring Gibby Haynes, Jello
> > Biafra, Billy Gibbons and Rick Nielsen. I'm not kidding. It's probably
> > ****, but what a freakin' lineup.
> >

> I didn't know about the extras but there's a Ministry/REVCO tour right
> now. I'm about to put up my REVCO 12" singles on Ebay ATM.
>
> And since this thread has gotten far off topic we just got back from
> Glenn Branca's SYMPHONY NO. 13, "HALLUCINATION CITY," FOR 100 ELECTRIC
> GUITARS:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?D59D21CDC
>
> "Starting at a deafening level, the work got louder almost throughout,
> and - after a stasis of a few minutes that could have signaled an ending
> - suddenly burst into tensely rising chromatic scales."
>
> Sums it up nicely. The above writeup says there were no breaks but
> thankfully in this performance it was broken up into 4 movements, only
> the 2nd movement gave me a headache, it was loud and shrill. The rest
> was pretty awesome. The last movement sounded like an Ennio Morricone
> soundtrack played at 1000 decibels, really wild.
>
> 70 guitars, 15 basses, and a drummer, and the drummer got a 10 minute
> standing ovation when it was over. And I think, but not sure, that Mike
> Watt was playing first bass. And one of the women guitarists in the
> front row sang the entire time, since she had no mic and there are no
> lyrics for this piece who knows what the hell she was screaming.
>
> I loved it, Kimberly absolutely hated it and laughed the whole time.
> Earplugs were almost mandatory but since we were up in the balcony I
> went commando.
>
> Greg
>
> --
> "All my time I spent in heaven
> Revelries of dance and wine
> Waking to the sound of laughter
> Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons

Well... sounds like you got your money's worth.
Hard to imagine a power-trio guy like Watt in an 86 peice ensemble. He
can be pretty busy all by himself. Imagine 30 D. Boons, 30 Watts, and
30 Hurleys all jamming. I'm pretty sure my nose would bleed, my teeth
would fall out, and once I made it through the exit doors I'd never
want to listen to a guitar, drum or bass ever again.

/s

My taste for Zombie goes back to 93 Beavis and Butthead at 7pm on MTV.
I've also seen his 2 movies and waiting on the 3rd one due out in June.
By the way what did you take me for a Barry Manilow fan?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:14:46 -0800, <[email protected]> wrote:

> My taste for Zombie goes back to 93 Beavis and Butthead at 7pm on MTV.
> I've also seen his 2 movies and waiting on the 3rd one due out in June.
> By the way what did you take me for a Barry Manilow fan?

Bwhahahahaha... Barry Manblow :-D
_____
Slack