How many Miles a week do you bike?

Im going for a personal record this week, normally dont manage more than 50odd miles a week but so far ive managed 100miles since Saturday, and its only Wednesday today!! The funny thing about it is that I would of thought that I would be feeling really achey and tired, but if anything the opposite has happend. Im feeling really refeshed every morning so far this week, better than i have done in ages.

izzodesh said:
How many miles a week do you all bike?
Usually 2 or 3 20-30 milers plus one 45-70 miler outside, plus 2 two hour sessions on the trainer or rollers while I watch a movie at night for recovery rides. I'll go rain or shine but I won't ride outside in the snow or when it's below 20. In ski season the long weekend rides turn into ski days :)

I am surprised to find myself in this category. I do not leave the house for less than 20 mi round trip. A club ride each weekend will be at least 30 mi for me. A yearly event for me would be century for charity. It is getting increasingly difficult to find like-minded partners for fun events.

I commute to work, and I take two different paths, and a small ride on Saturday. So I know I ride 183 miles each week. But that is split up to twice a day, (to work and from work)

I thought I was piling on the miles until I started reading some of these posts. Geez. I've thought about maybe trying some racing for added motivation, but have yet to do it. I only have a mountain bike with slicks, and I figure not many people race on Mountain Bikes, on the road.

ok first off how do you guys get over 200 miles a week? do ou have jobs? or is your job messaging?

i just started riding again two months ago, i usually ride 6 - 14 miles atleast 5 days a week if its not raining.. i try to take a different overall route everytime but incorporate he same hill climbs as much as possible, i would like to get longer rides but not enough time..

As of lately I've been managing to put ~200 miles M-F and giving the legs a break S-S and that's on top of 9-5 desk job but I am single & can't really see doing it if I were married w children. Biking only takes about 2.5 hrs a day so it isn't that difficult.

Few days ago was talking to a messenger delivering to our office he claimed to put over 20k miles a year:eek:

Well into my sixth week of riding now after just getting back into it. Missed 2 days so far. Have a set of rollers and ride them about 12 miles per day when not getting out. Can only get out about 3-4 days a week doing about 20 on weekdays and 30-40 Saturdays and Sundays. So that makes about 130 miles a week I guess. Working up to my first century I hope in early spring. At 47 years of age, it's not about getting there but making the journey :)

If I commute on all work days it averages 140 miles per week, so any extra riding on my days off are bonus! Been too busy around the house/section lately but. :(

Work has been taking up 80-100 hrs a week for the last six weeks (just got back into riding after TdF) so I haven't been doing as much as I'd like, but I get in about 50 a week still.

Hoping to get up to 100/week next month.

150-200 miles in the summer, buts its getting cold in the north already so now im riding a bit less, avoiding the trainer like the plague.

aggiegirl91 said:
Just got my bike 3 weeks ago and have 349 miles on it. I had a "Dr's appointment" today at 1:00 and got 30 miles in...

So, I guess I am in the 100 miles or so range.

I also just got my bike 3 weeks ago. There are 341 miles on the odometer so far.. I had a few problems with the rear wheel not staying in true, but now that that is fixed, I hope to get back up to 200+ miles per week.

As for how to get that much mileage in.. I bike commute at least 4 days per week (that's 19 miles each day, plus sidetrips). Then add in the weekend long rides, which range from 40-130 miles, and it's easy to get to 200..

My longest week so far was about 250 miles.

portrider said:
10 miles on Tues, Wed & Thurs then 30 or 40 over the weekend. And that depends on which night I went out to the local watering hole and how much "water" I drank.
Exactly! That is almost the same schedule that I have...even the "water" drinking...it must be a Pittsburgh thing! :D

111 miles this week.
114 last week.
113 week before last.
I may do this another week then jump it up to over 150.

Any personal milestones you reach are great. Got two myself this week 40.0 mph top speed and 16.4 mph average speed. Consecutive days with two rides between. Both in the dark, the first was early morning, the second early evening, but don't know if that means anything. :)

About 100 miles during the week - cycling to work and some short training sessions (combined). 10 miles every way the shortest, and I sometimes take a longer route which is about 30 miles, with a bit less traffic (as much as that can be at 7 pm ;)) and some scenic sections.

At least 100 on weekends and holidays:cool:. There are some hilly roads with great climbs and view around Jerusalem, on Mt. Carmel, the Galilee and also the Negev.
Winter is a bit of a problem, still there isn't that much rain around here. Summer is a bigger problem because the heat can become dangerous - I suffer from mild dehydration or heat shock at least once a year even though I am very careful not to work too hard on extremely hot days.

I'm blessed to live in So Cal so we can cycle most of the year. I average 100+ miles a week. Working my way up to 150 a week.

It depends of the part of the season! In the middle of it I was doing about 300 to 380, now about 240!

I'm adveraging about 30 miles a day or over 200 a week. This next summer I think it would be fun to do a 60 day cross country tour with a group of friends, probably 80 to 100 miles a day.
L.A. or San Fran to New york.:)

I wish it didn't get dark so early, or dip below 40 degrees here!!! In the summer time I usually get around 200 miles in between Monday through Saturday. Right now it's only a 60-80 mile weekend set . . . still avioding the trainer. ;)