How many miles did you bike in 2004 & what type of rider are you?

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
Ok, I rode 2080.88 miles in 2004. I am a biker that rides to lose weight, and I have lost 33.2 lbs riding this year. I rode zero miles in December because I went on a 1 month long vacation. 1000.98 mi on my 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2 and 1079.9 mi on my 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team. I raced in one criterium this year, but I am not a racer.

State whether you are a racer (& what category), recreational rider, you ride to lose weight, or whether you ride because it's your transportation.

It would be nice to know how far other bikers have biked and what type of biker they are. Also state if you used road bikes, mtn bikes, or both.

Not sure exactly how many miles I've ridden for '04 but I did log 282.4 hours worth of aerobic training - be it cycling, circuit training, stair machine or whatever. This doesn't include weight training where I did 1 set at a time.

On one MTB I rode ~1300 miles and on one road bike I rode ~1400 miles. Then there was the beater MTB that I didn't keep track of and a stationary bike that I didn't keep track of.

Didn't lose a pound either. In fact I've gained a few but the % bodyfat has decreased so I'm happy. I just need to keep this trend up for the next few years and I'll be in pretty darn good shape for a former sedentary fat ass.

Edit: I don't belong in a category. No racing. Just doing it for fitness and fun.

According to my Polar distance reports, I rode 7102 km (+- 4413 miles) in 2004 (4697 km on the road and 2405 km indoors) total ride time of 236 hours, total ride average speed of +-31 kph.

No too bad, considering I was a bit demotivated between 1 April and 1 July and only did 150km during that period.

Plan to ride at least 12000km this year!

I started riding in May and rode 1840 or so miles. I'm in shape, but ride for the aerobic benefits. I'd like to race soon, but haven't yet.

I rode 2090 miles last year. I race mountain bikes in the sport class, I have never done a road race. This year I am planning on getting in at least 3,000 miles and spending a lot of time at the gym. For 2004 I hope to do at least one road race just to see what it is like. I am also planning on doing two 24 hour team races. This past year I did two centuries, I hope to do six this year...we'll see.

I rode just over 1000 miles last year. It was the first year I spent any significant time on the bike (I averaged between 250 and 300 miles a year in 2002 and 2003) so I'll probably be looking to increase that in 05.

Recreational rider only, don't need to lose any weight, and parents won't let me race.

In 2004 I only rode 2185 miles, and that was with 6 weeks off in April and May with a broken frame... I am planning on doing at least 4000 miles this year, might do a couple of hill climb events... Other than that I have no interest in racing... This year I also have an extra bike so if I run into any problems I will not be down...

I started riding for general fitness now i like to race, im a cat 4. in 2004 i rode 534 hours and 10,117 miles.these are all on road bike.

I started riding in late July this year and logged 6003.1km (3752miles) on my Polar software. I began racing road in October and track in late November. I currently race A grade at local club races and C grade in open events.

I have lost about 14kg since starting and would like to lose around 6-7kg more.

All km are on road bike except around 300km on the track bike.

Am hoping to increase that to around 14000km this year with a full season under my belt.

i rode 22,000km's (~13,000 miles?) and logged over 700 hours on the bike. I was cat 2 most of the year and moved up to cat 1 a month or so ago.

Includes around 2000kms on the fixed wheel.

I am strictly road at the moment and used to be a bike messenger and have done about that distance a year for the past 10 years.

I rode 1944 miles (3129km) in 2004 all on the roads. I ride for fitness and to lose weight. Since I started riding again (after a 20+ year rest from cycling) in July of 2003 I have lost about 50 pounds (22.7kg).

55+ Master's racer (in my mind I'm still the cat3 I was in the 1970's, but time doesn't stand still...). 530 hours and 9030 miles in 2004, plus another 20 hours on the indoor trainer.

I rode 6124 miles on my road bike and perhaps another 600 miles on single tracks on my mountain bike. I ride just for enjoyment and hope it will help keep my weight in check.

A little under 2400 miles since I started riding in September...I'm a 46 year-old rec/fitness road bike rider.

I rode 722 miles last year, in a six month period. Did not ride the last three months of 2004.

Already started this year.

I ride to burn stress and weight. 49 year old with high blood pressure.

I rode 2120 miles last year, and raced in the collegiate C category here in the northeast. I also raced some USCF races in Alaska, but nobody really races in categories there (not enough riders).

i rode 8400 miles last year, only one road race and one TT...looking to compete more this year

Just over 5000 miles of training and club rides here on the new bike. Goal for next year is more speed on the big century events.