how many miles do you guys put in a week?

anderbike

Apr 1, 2005
im new, i ride about 30 everyday and the do a decent long ride on sunday from 40-50 miles. monday i swim.

so it puts me about at 200 a week.

what about the rest of you?

Oh, I ride about 30 a day, too, 5 days a week. I'm also pretty new. So I'm geussing I get in around 140-150 a week. I was thinking of going to CSULB, too, and I noticed that you live in huntington beach. How's the cycling, down there? My cousin lives there but doesn't know about cycling. Can you ride through town, are there bike paths, open roads, all that good stuff?

AmpedCycle said:
Oh, I ride about 30 a day, too, 5 days a week. I'm also pretty new. So I'm geussing I get in around 140-150 a week. I was thinking of going to CSULB, too, and I noticed that you live in huntington beach. How's the cycling, down there? My cousin lives there but doesn't know about cycling. Can you ride through town, are there bike paths, open roads, all that good stuff?

well theres a couple of clubs down here, nothing to huge, but the rides are great because you got miles of miles of coastline to go north or south.

you can also drive out to the san gabriel area along mountainous areas and what not, lots of options, it cali i mean its good stuff

santa ana winds are no fun though

IT depends on the season, weather, and how the legs feel. I've been cycling a while so on recovery weeks i get in about 150 - 200k. On regular weeks then i get in at least 400 km sometimes over 500 km but almost never more then 550 k's.

anderbike said:
im new, i ride about 30 everyday and the do a decent long ride on sunday from 40-50 miles. monday i swim.

so it puts me about at 200 a week.

what about the rest of you?

I train indoor and outdoor this would equal an average total of 250K a week (156 miles) it varies from 200K to 300k over a monthly cycle

The quality of the training is as important as the duration. some of my sessions are only 45 min but are very intense. I need a recovery day to follow this.