How many miles do you plan to ride in 2009?

kdelong

Dec 14, 2006
I know that it is impossible to foresee everything that may keep you from riding, and some of you will answer "as many miles(km) as possible". The purpose of this thread is to give you a chance to set a goal and see how close you can come to reaching it. In 2008 I rode 4127 miles. There were a couple of times that I could have ridden but chose not to for some reason or other. This year I intend to ride 4500 miles. For those of you who do make a prediction, check back every once in awhile and let us know how you are doing. Good luck and happy riding!

kdelong said:
I know that it is impossible to foresee everything that may keep you from riding, and some of you will answer "as many miles(km) as possible". The purpose of this thread is to give you a chance to set a goal and see how close you can come to reaching it. In 2008 I rode 4127 miles. There were a couple of times that I could have ridden but chose not to for some reason or other. This year I intend to ride 4500 miles. For those of you who do make a prediction, check back every once in awhile and let us know how you are doing. Good luck and happy riding!
10,000 miles (over 16,000km)

2008 was a banner year, if banner year means a **** year for cycling. A big medical issue continued to get in the way. In November with knives, clamps, sutures, and a pancreas from a deceased 30 y.o. woman, the problem was fixed. The plan for 2009 is to celebrate the fixing with at least 7500 miles on the bike. I've been allowed to pedal for the last 18 days, and I'm already up to 200+ miles. Not too bad for someone who was released from the hospital, after three weeks, looking like a survivor of Belsen.

Realistically, I will probably do about 6,000 miles or 9,800 kms, in 2009.

I gave up racing many years ago, so naturally my annual mileage has dropped significantly.

A couple of years ago, I did commit to riding 12,000 miles in one calendar year
and I managed to achieve that objective.
And the benefits were really tangible from getting that amount of miles in.
Unfortunately I can't commit to that objective this year.

As many miles (kilometers? ;) ) as it takes to reach my goals: 2 podium appearances on the road, and one on the track :D

How many miles do you plan to ride in 2009?

Enough to ******** my wife just a little more than last year....:mad::mad::mad:

Last year, my first dedicated year, I rode 2000, so I am hoping to ride 3500 in 2009. As the year progesses I may choose to up the anty to 4000 miles, it all depends on how much free time I actually have.