How many miles?

Sure, I'll bite. Since my last post about 5 posts above, I've added another 1938 km.

Since Oct 23rd - 9916 km, 6161 mi.

I'll probably tip the round number of 10,000 tomorrow. Only about 75km in the plans for today.

Just for the sake of a bump...

This month, including planned rides for the 29th, 30th, 31st:
2002 km

This year, to today:
9844 km

Past year:
19,373 km

NomadVW said:
Just for the sake of a bump...

This month, including planned rides for the 29th, 30th, 31st:
2002 km

This year, to today:
9844 km

Past year:
19,373 km
Bump appreciated.

Gratz on all of the miles! You see many other cyclists over in Japan?

Bikelyst said:
Gratz on all of the miles! You see many other cyclists over in Japan?
Yesterday there were two non-Japanese in our 250 km road race. I've seen 4 other non-Japanese (different than yesterday's two) in road races.

There are plenty of Japanese on the bikes. The big events bring out a lot. I ride with a group/club/team every couple weeks that brings 5-10 serious cyclists out to play - all Japanese usually. This time of year I'll see 2-3 other cyclists on almost any route I take except the really mountainous stuff.

Waiting for La Vuelta to start.. bored... chasing threads... so.. uh..

16,915 km for the year
217 rides this year

Around 3000 - 3500 miles which isn't too bad considering that I work full time on a golf course grounds crew. I will say it's sometimes tough to get a ride in after working outside all day. We just went through the Hottest August on record, here in Cincinnati. I did ride on some of the 100 degree days. I thouroughly enjoyed it though. I'd much rather ride in hot weather than cold. I hardly got any miles in during Jan and feb, this year. It averaged in the teens and single digits, feirenheit.

Ken.

lets see, bike computer says around 200...then there was roughly 100 before the bike computer went on (oops), and another 100 on the mtb...400 miles :( not enough i know, but when i was working (ive been layed off, riding a bit more too) my body was so HURT from work that i couldnt do much, tired and just felt like resting. Now with no work i HAVE to bike and have been getting about 40 miles/week in. Gotta get some weight off me :) tomorrow i might head off onto the erie canal trail here in upstate ny and get 25 miles in, but that will be on the mtb.Kinda scared to go too far yet on the road, as i have no pump to take with me or anything to hold tubes in. once i get all that, im ready to do some 30+ mile rides :) Riding the mountain bike on the canal path im not worried about flats, and if i do get one i have a cell phone ;)

2,483.62 miles since 1/1/07. I live in South Texas where the period of May Through August is the worst time to ride because of the heat. Winter is the best riding weather here.

Kestral said:
2,483.62 miles since 1/1/07. I live in South Texas where the period of May Through August is the worst time to ride because of the heat. Winter is the best riding weather here.
5484 in 07 so far....woooohooo

Started back in December. (Christmas Present road bike).
I had to take 2 months in Feb and March, because of training. Since then I've put 900 miles on my new bike. I'll pass 1000, because I'm doing my first Century on Friday. I plan to ride through November. I've been at it for quite a while, so I'm blessed with tons of gear from years past, including cold weather stuff.
Otherwise it's trainer or rollers this winter. I'd like to get 1500-2000 next year with a couple of Centuries.

tt1106 said:
Started back in December. (Christmas Present road bike).
I had to take 2 months in Feb and March, because of training. Since then I've put 900 miles on my new bike. I'll pass 1000, because I'm doing my first Century on Friday. I plan to ride through November. I've been at it for quite a while, so I'm blessed with tons of gear from years past, including cold weather stuff.
Otherwise it's trainer or rollers this winter. I'd like to get 1500-2000 next year with a couple of Centuries.
my bicycle year fell from july 2006, july 2007 (because thats when I got my bike...) so I had about 1500 miles... I think I only have about 200 more since then so total is about 1700..

In '05 - first year I kept track: 5,400 mi.

In '06 - due to injuries and depression: 640 mi.

From Feb. 16, '07 til yesterday Sep. 18, '07. 6,250 mi.

dude. your bike's computer must be screwed up. no way you've ridden 6K miles in seven months. that's like 30 miles a day, every day.
are you a pro? do you sleep? family? why???
i love riding, but that is too much...:eek:
amazing

Shreklookalike said:

Shreklookalike said:

That is some massive mileage! I have had a good year for me, 2747.6 miles, but I had a lot of time on my hands, changed careers with a one and a half month vacation thrown in. Normally I get in about 2000 miles over the entire year.

I can sympathize with you on the depression. I was diagnosed with clinical depression in 2001, and I think I rode a whole 200 miles that summer. No injuries, but I didn't feel like doing anything that reminded me of a certain situation. Good drugs and counseling finally got me back on the road.