How many of us are there?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Drrecumbnt, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    Tags:

  2. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    [q1]> Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis?[/q1]

    IMHO, that would be almost impossible to tell. I think the poster represent on a fraction of the
    readers who just lurk.

    Derek

  3. Harv

    Harv Guest

  4. Redshift

    Redshift Guest

    DrRecumbnt dropped out of warp and decloaked to say:

    [q1]> Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis? Thanks Bob Bryant[/q1]
    [q1]> http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com[/q1]

    <delurk>

    Perhaps not *daily* :)

    liz

    </delurk>

    --
    http://www.redshift.uklinux.net/ Windcheetah No.176 Linux Counter No. 275325 *Remove Spamcatcher and
    x for email reply

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 19 Jan 2003 17:33:01 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

    [q1]>I heard there's occasionally HPV events on Eurosport.[/q1]

    I wouldn't know - I'm 16ft from the end of the local cable service and won't buy satellite on
    principle (owned by Murdch - 'nuff said). I have a DAB radio, though :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  6. <[email protected]> skrev
    [q1]> Somebody should start an Internet radio for HPV events. Live feed from BM would be thrilling! ^_^[/q1]

    Aye I bet the transmission the day after the big "all the beans and pasta you can eat"-dinner
    would be a gas.

  7. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    Several years ago I visited a website that actually tracked newsgroup readership. I just can't
    remember where it was that I saw it. Bob

  8. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    Several years ago I visited a website that actually tracked newsgroup readership. I just can't
    remember where it was that I saw it. Bob

  9. Just back came home from a minus 17 C. ride (often sideways) on the ice covered streets and saw
    this post.

    The best way to find out who is here would be to post an insane Post and see who replies (not that
    MY posts generate this kind of feedback mind you).

    I thought something like: President George W.Bush declares a $500. cash rebate for anyone buying a
    bent on Februery 29th 2003....but most of us are too swift and would easily pickup on the fact that
    February has an a, not an
    e.

    It has to be something Politically Correct and yet manages to totally ignore Texas and
    Oregon...cause most of the folks from those 2 States are too busy building and or riding bents to
    bother reading ARBR.

    I got it...ReBike was declared "2002 Bent of the Year" by RCN...hmmm too unbelievable.

    Gotta be something that gets all the Lurkers all hot and bothered enuff to reply with a vengeance.

    Can't be something that will end up with the poster in court for slander, defamation suits
    etc.....could be "an un-named source close to the President has reported"...but then the National
    Enquirer will pickup the story and everyone will believe it and next year it will be added to
    school text books and Publishers will use it as excuse to raise the cost of student text books and
    then the original poster will announce it was all a hoax and no one will believe him and he'll end
    up being discredited and then be placed in an institution and placed on medication to control his
    dillusions etc.

    Then you have "seasonal" issues, like more people with Cabin Fever will post because it is too cold
    to ride, but ARBR is NOT confined to only cold regions of the planet....it just seems that way. Last
    summer I think more people posted...when logically they (should be out riding). Now that winter is
    here (for lots of us) and we have the time to post...not that many benters are. Winter with snow
    should be when everyone is preparing for the next riding season...so I'd think there'd be lots of
    queries about how to tune up this and that part, what oils to use etc., but maybe this will happen
    as summer gets closer....kinda hard to get into the riding mood when you are seeing Snowplows on
    your street.

    Maybe try...??? help me out here
    --------------------------------
    "DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis? Thanks Bob Bryant
    > http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  10. Just back came home from a minus 17 C. ride (often sideways) on the ice covered streets and saw
    this post.

    The best way to find out who is here would be to post an insane Post and see who replies (not that
    MY posts generate this kind of feedback mind you).

    I thought something like: President George W.Bush declares a $500. cash rebate for anyone buying a
    bent on Februery 29th 2003....but most of us are too swift and would easily pickup on the fact that
    February has an a, not an
    e.

    It has to be something Politically Correct and yet manages to totally ignore Texas and
    Oregon...cause most of the folks from those 2 States are too busy building and or riding bents to
    bother reading ARBR.

    I got it...ReBike was declared "2002 Bent of the Year" by RCN...hmmm too unbelievable.

    Gotta be something that gets all the Lurkers all hot and bothered enuff to reply with a vengeance.

    Can't be something that will end up with the poster in court for slander, defamation suits
    etc.....could be "an un-named source close to the President has reported"...but then the National
    Enquirer will pickup the story and everyone will believe it and next year it will be added to
    school text books and Publishers will use it as excuse to raise the cost of student text books and
    then the original poster will announce it was all a hoax and no one will believe him and he'll end
    up being discredited and then be placed in an institution and placed on medication to control his
    dillusions etc.

    Then you have "seasonal" issues, like more people with Cabin Fever will post because it is too cold
    to ride, but ARBR is NOT confined to only cold regions of the planet....it just seems that way. Last
    summer I think more people posted...when logically they (should be out riding). Now that winter is
    here (for lots of us) and we have the time to post...not that many benters are. Winter with snow
    should be when everyone is preparing for the next riding season...so I'd think there'd be lots of
    queries about how to tune up this and that part, what oils to use etc., but maybe this will happen
    as summer gets closer....kinda hard to get into the riding mood when you are seeing Snowplows on
    your street.

    Maybe try...??? help me out here
    --------------------------------
    "DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis? Thanks Bob Bryant
    > http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  11. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  12. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  13. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

  14. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

  15. Arnold Layne

    Arnold Layne Guest

  16. Arnold Layne

    Arnold Layne Guest

  17. Daybiker

    Daybiker Guest

    [email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Several years ago I visited a website that actually tracked newsgroup readership. I just can't
    > remember where it was that I saw it. Bob

    I have no idea how many recumbent riders view this site, but I would guess that whatever number
    it is will grow by a good percentage over the next ten years. As the leading edge of the baby
    boomers have their kids out of college, and also have payed of thier homes, they will have more
    money to spend on toys like we ride. Their also going to have the pain motivation working on
    them. The more of us who share our ride with this growing group, the more our group will grow,
    and the more will enjoy reading and participating in recumbent sites. I've had about 20 folks
    ride some of my bikes this year, and 5 went out and bought recumbents. Out of this group three
    are wanting to upgrade to a more refined level of bent. All three are reading this board,and
    bentrideronline.com for more information. You know what, that's exactly how I got started. If
    each of us brought just 2 new folks over to the "dark side" each year the number that would need,
    and use, this board would be huge in the upcoming decade.

  18. Snowman

    Snowman Guest

    I read this every day or two. I have not been posting since I am into skiing now, however I did go
    benting several times the last two weeks of the year. You know the usual boring shorts and short
    sleeve stuff that southern Californians do during the winter. Just blue skies and light on shore
    breezes. Yawn.

    Back to waxing the skis and eloquent.

    Snowman Haluzak Horizon Hybrid 2002 Los Angeles

  19. Daybiker