How many of us are there?

[q1]> Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis?[/q1]

IMHO, that would be almost impossible to tell. I think the poster represent on a fraction of the
readers who just lurk.

Derek

On 19 Jan 2003 17:33:01 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

[q1]>I heard there's occasionally HPV events on Eurosport.[/q1]

I wouldn't know - I'm 16ft from the end of the local cable service and won't buy satellite on
principle (owned by Murdch - 'nuff said). I have a DAB radio, though :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

<[email protected]> skrev
[q1]> Somebody should start an Internet radio for HPV events. Live feed from BM would be thrilling! ^_^[/q1]

Aye I bet the transmission the day after the big "all the beans and pasta you can eat"-dinner
would be a gas.

Several years ago I visited a website that actually tracked newsgroup readership. I just can't
remember where it was that I saw it. Bob

Several years ago I visited a website that actually tracked newsgroup readership. I just can't
remember where it was that I saw it. Bob

Just back came home from a minus 17 C. ride (often sideways) on the ice covered streets and saw
this post.

The best way to find out who is here would be to post an insane Post and see who replies (not that
MY posts generate this kind of feedback mind you).

I thought something like: President George W.Bush declares a $500. cash rebate for anyone buying a
bent on Februery 29th 2003....but most of us are too swift and would easily pickup on the fact that
February has an a, not an
e.

It has to be something Politically Correct and yet manages to totally ignore Texas and
Oregon...cause most of the folks from those 2 States are too busy building and or riding bents to
bother reading ARBR.

I got it...ReBike was declared "2002 Bent of the Year" by RCN...hmmm too unbelievable.

Gotta be something that gets all the Lurkers all hot and bothered enuff to reply with a vengeance.

Can't be something that will end up with the poster in court for slander, defamation suits
etc.....could be "an un-named source close to the President has reported"...but then the National
Enquirer will pickup the story and everyone will believe it and next year it will be added to
school text books and Publishers will use it as excuse to raise the cost of student text books and
then the original poster will announce it was all a hoax and no one will believe him and he'll end
up being discredited and then be placed in an institution and placed on medication to control his
dillusions etc.

Then you have "seasonal" issues, like more people with Cabin Fever will post because it is too cold
to ride, but ARBR is NOT confined to only cold regions of the planet....it just seems that way. Last
summer I think more people posted...when logically they (should be out riding). Now that winter is
here (for lots of us) and we have the time to post...not that many benters are. Winter with snow
should be when everyone is preparing for the next riding season...so I'd think there'd be lots of
queries about how to tune up this and that part, what oils to use etc., but maybe this will happen
as summer gets closer....kinda hard to get into the riding mood when you are seeing Snowplows on
your street.

Maybe try...??? help me out here
--------------------------------
"DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis? Thanks Bob Bryant
> http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

Just back came home from a minus 17 C. ride (often sideways) on the ice covered streets and saw
this post.

The best way to find out who is here would be to post an insane Post and see who replies (not that
MY posts generate this kind of feedback mind you).

I thought something like: President George W.Bush declares a $500. cash rebate for anyone buying a
bent on Februery 29th 2003....but most of us are too swift and would easily pickup on the fact that
February has an a, not an
e.

It has to be something Politically Correct and yet manages to totally ignore Texas and
Oregon...cause most of the folks from those 2 States are too busy building and or riding bents to
bother reading ARBR.

I got it...ReBike was declared "2002 Bent of the Year" by RCN...hmmm too unbelievable.

Gotta be something that gets all the Lurkers all hot and bothered enuff to reply with a vengeance.

Can't be something that will end up with the poster in court for slander, defamation suits
etc.....could be "an un-named source close to the President has reported"...but then the National
Enquirer will pickup the story and everyone will believe it and next year it will be added to
school text books and Publishers will use it as excuse to raise the cost of student text books and
then the original poster will announce it was all a hoax and no one will believe him and he'll end
up being discredited and then be placed in an institution and placed on medication to control his
dillusions etc.

Then you have "seasonal" issues, like more people with Cabin Fever will post because it is too cold
to ride, but ARBR is NOT confined to only cold regions of the planet....it just seems that way. Last
summer I think more people posted...when logically they (should be out riding). Now that winter is
here (for lots of us) and we have the time to post...not that many benters are. Winter with snow
should be when everyone is preparing for the next riding season...so I'd think there'd be lots of
queries about how to tune up this and that part, what oils to use etc., but maybe this will happen
as summer gets closer....kinda hard to get into the riding mood when you are seeing Snowplows on
your street.

Maybe try...??? help me out here
--------------------------------
"DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know how many people read this newsgroup on a daily basis? Thanks Bob Bryant
> http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

[email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Several years ago I visited a website that actually tracked newsgroup readership. I just can't
> remember where it was that I saw it. Bob

I have no idea how many recumbent riders view this site, but I would guess that whatever number
it is will grow by a good percentage over the next ten years. As the leading edge of the baby
boomers have their kids out of college, and also have payed of thier homes, they will have more
money to spend on toys like we ride. Their also going to have the pain motivation working on
them. The more of us who share our ride with this growing group, the more our group will grow,
and the more will enjoy reading and participating in recumbent sites. I've had about 20 folks
ride some of my bikes this year, and 5 went out and bought recumbents. Out of this group three
are wanting to upgrade to a more refined level of bent. All three are reading this board,and
bentrideronline.com for more information. You know what, that's exactly how I got started. If
each of us brought just 2 new folks over to the "dark side" each year the number that would need,
and use, this board would be huge in the upcoming decade.

I read this every day or two. I have not been posting since I am into skiing now, however I did go
benting several times the last two weeks of the year. You know the usual boring shorts and short
sleeve stuff that southern Californians do during the winter. Just blue skies and light on shore
breezes. Yawn.

Back to waxing the skis and eloquent.

Snowman Haluzak Horizon Hybrid 2002 Los Angeles