How many of you carry a cucumber as part of your cycling equipment?

niftyshifty said:
I prefer watermelons in my bra. Both for seeing motorists run into one another, and as a weapon. I suppose it'd be nice to stop for a picnic with 'em also.
now see what you started nifty shifty :rolleyes:

alienator said:
I actually bring both of my acorns when I ride. It's quite painful to leave them at home.

In my case, I've got to ask my wifes permission.............:D

No one's done it yet? Jeez :D

harry_shearer.jpg

kdelong said:
The only problem is that after a few days the cuke turns yellow and gets all mushy. I prefer an eggplant my self. Lasts longer and stays purple for weeks.
Freeze that cuke....it lasts a couple of hours longer!

I'd suggest sticking the cucumber up your butt when you ride, to get it out of the way. And then it's directly at hand in case someone wants to toss your salad.

Denny418 said:
I'd suggest sticking the cucumber up your butt when you ride, to get it out of the way. And then it's directly at hand in case someone wants to toss your salad.
It helps to ensure that no one steals it too!

Question : "You were narrowly beaten in that race, do you have any explantion as to how that happened"

Answer : "yeah, me cucumber came loose".

limerickman said:
Question : "You were narrowly beaten in that race, do you have any explantion as to how that happened"

Answer : "yeah, me cucumber came loose".

Question: "You won that race by a good stretch. What's the secret?"

Answer: "Vine fruit suppositories helped."

Martian Tom said:
Just wondering how many of you carry a cucumber as part of your cycling equipment?

For long distance touring and bicycle camping... I think I'd feel safer carrying a decent green 15-incher (concealed so it doesn't freak people out). Great to munch on for both energy replacement and thirst quenching. Also useful to clobber any potential muggers/bike stealers over the head as it has the potential to stun without causing permanent injury.

Anyone else tote a cuke while biking?
i personally dont think its correct of you m8 for letting us into your secret of how to keep hunger and thirst at bay,now my wife only wants to go out on the bike ,:D

Just wondering how many of you carry a cucumber as part of your cycling equipment?

For long distance touring and bicycle camping... I think I'd feel safer carrying a decent green 15-incher (concealed so it doesn't freak people out). Great to munch on for both energy replacement and thirst quenching. Also useful to clobber any potential muggers/bike stealers over the head as it has the potential to stun without causing permanent injury.

Anyone else tote a cuke while biking?

That's an idea because the gas it gives you would enable you to blow away any opposition that came downwind of you. The burps could be very dangerous, even cause air pollution. I hope the EPA doesn't find out what you take on the bike with you.

Years ago when Emporia, Va. held their peanut rides, there was a rest stop that gave out cucumbers. I stopped and had to make a pig of myself. I sure paid the consequences of that little jaunt. I have never looked at cucumbers the same way since that fiasco.

I carry an 8 inch cucumber so it's easier to conceal. But I also carry vinegar with me. Before the attacker goes for m cucumber I pull out my small jar of vinegar then spray it in his eyes blinding him to nullify the element of surprise. Then I pull out my cucumber to finish him off. :p

I was arrested once for carrying a concealed cucumber. I tried to explain to the officer that I was innocent since in reality the cucumber was a plant. I guess I am lucky since he might have over reacted and kaled me.

It's a good thing he wasn't a gay cop, or he might have thought you were excited to meet him.

"Is that a cucumber down there or are you just pleased to see me?" :D

I can think of some things to carry on a cycling trip but a cucumber? Really?