How many of you carry a cucumber as part of your cycling equipment?

Lol can't say I have carried a cucumber while riding but I usually have a pocket knife or a multi tool with me on every ride they come in handy but I might have to think about the cucumber deal now as well

Pardon me but I got a big laugh with this thread's topic. I cannot imagine a cucumber being used to clobber the head of an attacker, hahahaaah. But anyway, I guess a biker needs something for protection because when you are on the road, anything can happen, you meet people of all types. And especially here in our country, so many bikers were mugged and some were even killed.

In the UK, it is illegal to carry a cucumber with the intent of using it as an offensive weapon. This is not parody. This is an actual criminal offence. Therefore, if you do intend on using your cucumber to defend yourself from attack, do not admit it on an internet forum. That's all I will, or can, say on the matter.

Is this thread actually for real? If it is, then I will say I've never carried a cucumber around with me for any reason and I don't intend to start now.

I don't think I have anything else to say on this matter apart from I think some of the members on here are a few cans short of a six pack.

How have you guessed? I do it all the time! :)

7004913656_4bca597551.jpg

Nope, I can't eat cucumbers without vinegar. I hate the taste unless it's pickled. Yummy. I can see why you guys take them along with you though. Oportosanto, that veggie looks like it's hovering in the space around his mouth. lol. It stands out. Or should I say sticks out. It's so green. haha.

Reactions: oportosanto
Actually cucumber is something I don't appreciate, but I never tried to take it while riding. I do love to stop along the way if I see fruit trees and I grab something, nothing like fruit picked from the tree. :)

I had applied for my CCP (Cucumber concealed permit) a few years back but the Authorities have not granted me the privilege of self protection as of yet and I would never admit on a public forum my intent to defend myself from a criminal's right to bash my skull in. That is all I'm gonna say.

Reactions: pwarbi
lol, that's negative thinking. Sure that we are never free to get ourselves in trouble, but at the same time there are areas we can avoid and use only our bike without further concerns.

I had applied for my CCP (Cucumber concealed permit) a few years back but the Authorities have not granted me the privilege of self protection as of yet and I would never admit on a public forum my intent to defend myself from a criminal's right to bash my skull in. That is all I'm gonna say.

Yes, carry a cucumber without the permit and you could find yourself in a pickle.

Reactions: Weatherby
Don't have a concealed weapons permit, but I've never needed one for a cucumber ... Gosh, this post makes me want a salad now.

Don't have a concealed weapons permit, but I've never needed one for a cucumber ... Gosh, this post makes me want a salad now.

You probably live in America.

An essay to the local Chief is required in Lowell, Massachusetts but since most locals carry SNAP cards there, I think Federal law applies and concealed cucumbers are ok.

Interesting choice and seriously funny. But no, not exactly. Maybe some bananas or something like this. Although a cucumber is a fruit there is not much substance to it. Somebody here says watermelons, Lol. Let's just picture that. Strapped to their back. Maybe a large knife to cut it with.
Concealing a cucumber. Alright that is interesting that it is against the law in the UK to hide a cucumber as a weapon. Lol. Jack the ripper must have paved the way of that.

You probably live in America.

An essay to the local Chief is required in Lowell, Massachusetts but since most locals carry SNAP cards there, I think Federal law applies and concealed cucumbers are ok.

A lot of the strict laws on cucumbers were established years ago due to the bad reputation they received. Very few people know that "salty cucumber" and "trick pickle" were used as a metaphor for a piece of implied evidentiary guilt. They have been replaced over the years with more recognized terms such as "smoking gun".