How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

CAMPYBOB said:
Did you recruit this guy spongie?

No, but he is just another whackjob...much like you. He ended the lives of two people that did not deserve to die, yet were too liberal to defend themselves.

Perhaps if they concerned themselves less with gay/women/illegal immigrant rights and more with the right to self-defense they would still be alive.
perhaps if your conservative republican liberal hating buddy went and got a job and stopped sucking at the welfare teat he would not have become so angry that he used his LEGALLY acquired firearm to commit murder.
I hope your foodstamps don't get cut off.
Your lunatic friend obviously has more in common with you than me.

Matt888 said:
I'd much rather hear your thoughts on what you would have put in place when it come to legislating against violent behaviour and rehabilitating and re-educating those that are indeed deemed the socially irresponsible among us.
Legislation for and against violent behaviour has been around since history began. One day we are forced to have blood on our swords, the next day swords are prohibited.

Australian legislators prohibit self-defense with a gun, yet reserve the right to forcibly put a gun in our hands and order us to kill a deemed enemy.

Australian legislators want us to believe we lead the way in rehabilitating and re-educating those deemed the socially irresponsible. It really is not working very well. Rehabilitation and re-education comprises being released on bail over and over until prison time. The population must suffer the repeated deeds of the socially irresponsible as a cost of 'rehabilitation'.

While all this social experimentation is going on nothing really changes. The problems don't disappear, they morph.

Akadat said:
Legislation for and against violent behaviour has been around since history began. One day we are forced to have blood on our swords, the next day swords are prohibited.

Australian legislators prohibit self-defense with a gun, yet reserve the right to forcibly put a gun in our hands and order us to kill a deemed enemy.

Australian legislators want us to believe we lead the way in rehabilitating and re-educating those deemed the socially irresponsible. It really is not working very well. Rehabilitation and re-education comprises being released on bail over and over until prison time. The population must suffer the repeated deeds of the socially irresponsible as a cost of 'rehabilitation'.

While all this social experimentation is going on nothing really changes. The problems don't disappear, they morph.
Except that the crime rate falls...

CAMPYBOB said:
Talkin' out the side of your ###, er, I mean neck...Make it plain CAMPY...or can't you talk straight English???

You're a moron or a troll.

There.

Do you need that statement simplified even more for you?
"An armed society is a polite society?" :D

CAMPYBOB said:
Typical...didn't think you had to cajones to fess up...anyway...

Well thanks for clearing up the moron vs troll question.

Moron.

CAMPYBOB said:
Isn't "cute little jabs and veiled insults" a cute little jab and a veiled insult in itself?

No.

It's an accurate description of the moronic comments made by a complete tool that had nothing useful to add to the conversation.

I'm so glad I could clear that up for you professor.

Please let me know if I can be of service to you in your search for the definition of a liberal.

Katielong's definition of 'liberal' is 'anyone to the left of Charles Manson'.

Another moronic comment from a ****stick waste of oxygen to illuminate the point. Steve, your village called. They want their idiot back.

CAMPYBOB said:
Do you resent that everyone is so much smarter than you?

Not at all, Stevebaby Do you resent being in the same asshat moron catagory?

At least you did get one thing correct. Churches are full of loons. So are the shopping malls. And schools. And colleges. And bars and eateries. And the streets are full of criminals, thugs and oxygen thieves and drivers full of rage.

From Cnn News:
Sunday's attack was the fourth time in 15 months that an American church became a scene of a fatal shooting.

Sunday's attack was the fourth time in 15 months that an American church became a scene of a fatal shooting.

In December 2007, a 24-year-old former missionary candidate killed two people at a suburban Denver, Colorado, missionary training center and two more at a Colorado Springs megachurch the following day. The gunman, Matthew Murray, killed himself after being shot by a security guard.

The previous August, police said, 52-year-old Eiken Saimon shot and killed three people and wounded five others at a Congregational church in Neosho, Missouri. The attack left three people dead and five wounded.

And that May, in Moscow, Idaho, 36-year-old Jason Hamilton fatally shot a police officer and a sexton at First Presbyterian Church, then killed himself before police stormed the building. Hamilton's wife was found shot to death in the bedroom of their Moscow home after the church shootings.

Be sure to avoid the churches, the shopping malls, the schools, the colleges and the roads. They be baaaad 'hoods yo!

Oh, and Tonybaby, I hope you noticed that the latest church murderer was a white devil. And an older white debil at that. Like I said a whole bunch of posts earlier, stupid comes in every color. Stevebaby is still working hard to prove his town got its' fair share.

If you want to ride around unarmed, no problem as far as I'm concerned. Darwin will continue adding chlorine to the gene pool.

Loaded firearms leave little margin for error... I'm glad the rider is okay. Thanks for posting this; mistakes serve as a good reminder to those of us who carry with one in the chamber that it doesn't take much of a lapse of judgment for someone to be seriously hurt.

Joe

curby said:
http://www.registerguard.com/rg/CityRegion/story.csp?cid=128887&sid=4&fid=2

new rule in the service dept. at the bikeshop:

Customer must remove all loaded weapons from their bicycle before any work can be performed!

;)

stevebaby said:
Except that the crime rate falls...
Or if not, at least the criminals aren't using guns anymore...

No longer "Another senseless shooting" with more sensible stabbings on the upswing.

http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/8D6ED0E197FE38A6CA2573E7000EC2AD/$File/13010_2008.pdf

Weapons used against victims of crime

In 2006, a weapon was used in 74% of attempted murders, 63% of murders and 44% of robberies (table 13.10 and graph 13.11). A knife was the most common type of weapon used in committing these offences. Over a third (34%) of murder victims, 35% of attempted murder victims, 22% of the victims of robbery and 10% of kidnapping/abduction victims were subjected to an offence involving a knife. A firearm was involved in a quarter of the offences (25%) of attempted murder, 17% of murder and 7% of robbery offences.

Are you still enjoying your role as a moron, Steve?

That's as polite as I get when addressing a troll.

cbjesseeNH said:
Or if not, at least the criminals aren't using guns anymore...

No longer "Another senseless shooting" with more sensible stabbings on the upswing.

http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/8D6ED0E197FE38A6CA2573E7000EC2AD/$File/13010_2008.pdf

Weapons used against victims of crime

In 2006, a weapon was used in 74% of attempted murders, 63% of murders and 44% of robberies (table 13.10 and graph 13.11). A knife was the most common type of weapon used in committing these offences. Over a third (34%) of murder victims, 35% of attempted murder victims, 22% of the victims of robbery and 10% of kidnapping/abduction victims were subjected to an offence involving a knife. A firearm was involved in a quarter of the offences (25%) of attempted murder, 17% of murder and 7% of robbery offences.

And how many of those firearms used in crimes were legally owned?

Joe West said:
Loaded firearms leave little margin for error... I'm glad the rider is okay. Thanks for posting this; mistakes serve as a good reminder to those of us who carry with one in the chamber that it doesn't take much of a lapse of judgment for someone to be seriously hurt.

Joe
Exactly! Don't end up like the dozens of LEO's every year that have an ND/AD with their Glocks (sorry, Tupperware fans! I couldn't resist!).

I like my 1911's, but my SIG 226 is my favorite carry firearm off the bike.

BTW, J&G currently has the fine CZ-82 9MM Makarov calibre pistols on sale for $179.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/cz-82-czech-9x18-makarov-military-pistol%2C-good-condition%2C-one-mag-c-r-/products_id/1435?osCsid=7b67f1133609aa2c1a1d3ff5033c2413

12 rounds of moron-stopping goodness in a finely machined package any cyclist an afford!