How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

Jun 25, 2012 - 4:00 PM
Teen beaten, robbed of bike in Ajax park
AJAX -- An Ajax teen sustained multiple minor injuries when he was roughed up and robbed in a park Saturday afternoon.

Durham police are seeking four suspects in the attack, which occurred at about 5:30 p.m. in the Forest Ridge Park playground near Hester Avenue.
The 16-year-old victim was walking near Eagle Ridge Public School when he was accosted by four male youths who punched and kicked him and robbed him of his bicycle and cellphone, police said.
The suspects, all of whom wore bandanas, fled the scene.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/crime/article/1381612--teen-beaten-robbed-of-bike-in-ajax-park

To bad it's illegal to defend yourself in Canada with a handgun. Oh well, enjoy your multiple-attacker ass kickings.

Remember kiddies, when you're out of the Axshun Jaxsun Race Cards, be sure to play the official Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton Race card!

It's accepted at all major White Guilt locations!

Bump! fo' keepin' it real yo! White debil criminals in da newz!

Da white debbil! Hebee out ta getcha!

Woman cyclist dragged from bike and raped Jun 17 2009
DETECTIVES were today hunting a sex attacker who dragged a cyclist from her bike before raping her in broad daylight.
The 33-year-old woman was set upon after she stopped to ask for directions.

The man walked a short distance with her as if to show her the way.

He then pulled her off her bike and dragged her into nearby bushes where he raped her before running off.

The victim had been cycling along a path behind Newton Terrace in Elderslie towards Johnstone, Renfrewshire.

Police appealed for information from any passers-by who they said may be able to provide important clues.

The victim told police she saw a group of around six cyclists going over a metal bridge near where she was raped at around the time of the incident at 1pm yesterday.

She was also aware of a family nearby.

Detective Inspector Mark McGowan said: "This young woman suffered a terrible ordeal and is extremely traumatised by the incident. It's imperative we trace the man responsible.

"This area is a popular spot and yesterday was a lovely day with many people outside enjoying the sunshine.

"I am particularly keen to speak to the group of cyclists and the family mentioned by the victim as they may hold vital information.

"I cannot stress enough how much we need the public's assistance here and I would appeal to other cyclists, runners and dog walkers who know this area and were there at the time of the incident to get in touch - you may have seen or heard something important which could lead us to finding the attacker."

The suspect is white, aged 25-30, 5ft 8in with collar-length, greasy, sandy-coloured hair in a centre parting.

He is thin and wore a red and brown long-sleeved top with black trousers and black shoes. He was also carrying a black shoulder bag.

The victim was wearing a white t-shirt and charcoal grey trousers. She was also carrying a backpack which was black with blue piping.

Police said that officers carried out an "extensive" search of the location and said that additional officers will be patrolling the surrounding areas.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/06/17/woman-cyclist-dragged-from-bike-and-raped-86908-21448425/

She should have had a firearm and she have shot the white sonnovabitch. Repeatedly.

Of course, the libtard morons would have called her a racists. Or a gunslinger. Idjuts.

Jogger 'savagely beaten' on Longueuil cycling path
CBC News Posted: Jun 29, 2012 10:25 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 29, 2012 1:03 PM ET
hi-cyclingattack-852-8col.jpg
Investigators speak with users of the cycling path where the woman was attacked Thursday. (Morgan Dunlop/CBC)

A woman is recovering from what police described as a brutal beating after she was attacked by a stranger while on an early morning run on the South Shore Thursday.
Shortly before 7 a.m., the woman, who is in her 20s, was running on the path near Highway 132 and Roland-Therrien Boulevard.

"A man came up on his bike, projected her to the ground and started to beat her," said Const. Mark David of the Longueuil Police.

The man then threw her down a 30-foot ravine, police said.

The victim fought him off and he fled on his bike in the direction of Marie-Victorin park.

A witness saw the injured woman and got help.

She was taken to the hospital with serious injuries to several parts of her body. Police said her life is not in danger and she was released from hospital this morning.

Longueuil Police set up a command post along the trail this morning hoping to find more witnesses to the attack or anyone with information on the suspect.

The suspect is described as a man in his 30s who is about five feet seven inches tall and weighs around 165 lbs.

He has short brown and gray hair and was wearing a blue and grey short-sleeved shirt, jeans and white running shoes. He left the scene on a dark-coloured mountain bike.

Anyone with information can contact the Longueuil police at 450-463-7211.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/06/29/south-shore-jogging-attack.html

There!!! At last! A race-neutral suspect. Of course, the males will ***** for him having been identified by gender!

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Anonomous tough guys. Oxymoronic to the extreme. What a flippin' joke.

bump

UC's been busy the past few days - apparently crime hasn't stopped, irrespective of all the guns his type are stockpiling. When your life and mind are pretty small, I guess (anonomously) jumping at any appearance of a challenge to your ego on an internet forum is the best thing you got going for stimulation. Sad, but funny too. Try unplugging the TV and the computer, UC. Understandably, an actual woman is out of the question. Go enter a tractor pull or something they do in your local area. Trying to be of help here - seriously.

Another libtard wealth re-distributionist moron ends up pissing himself in the ghetto gutter.

Gimmee dat bike homie!

Jus' shoot me dawg!

[SIZE= 26px]Cyclist robbed and beaten with baseball bat[/SIZE]
trusted-contributor-png8.png

[SIZE= 16px]Thursday, July 12, 2012[/SIZE]
CitizenNews
Follow A man from Gloucester was robbed of his bike in Quedgeley in the early hours of Tuesday.

1. ​
    3960140.png

The 42-year-old victim was cycling near Aldi supermarket and around the Olympus Business Park area at around 3am when a car began pursuing him.

When it drew level a man got out and hit the cyclist several times with a baseball bat, telling him that when he got his Carrera bike back the victim would get his bike back.

The robber then grabbed the victim's beige Kona mountain bike, worth around £150, put it in the back of the car and drove off.

The victim, who was treated at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital for head injuries, has told police he does not know the man, had never seen him before and had not stolen any bike.

The offender is described as black or of mixed race, about 6ft tall, around 30 years old, clean shaven and with dark curly hair.

He was wearing just a pair of boxer shorts and trainers.

The car he was driving is believed to be a dark blue BMW 1 series model.

Anyone with information about this incident should call police on 101, quoting incident 135 of July 11.

Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555 111. Rewards of up to £1000 are available for information leading to a conviction.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Cyclist-robbed-beaten-basball-bat/story-16524823-detail/story.html

Too bad England outlawed handguns...there would be one more dead libtard moron that ****** himself, laying in the gutter. Thank God America is still free and the criminals can be sent straight to Hell.

Gimmee dat bike homie!

Jus' shoot me dawg!

OK...bang...bang...bang...bang bang bang bang.

One less libtard moron on the planet to waste perfectly good oxygen.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gifI wonder if UC (Unknown Comic) would care to bring this to a personal level. Mano y mano. Him vs. me in an octagon - UFC/MMA style. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif Just the thought's got me LMFAO! What would he do then? Continue running like the anonomous coward that he remains? My thoughts exactly. Anonomous internet tough guys. LOL! They all rhyme with the word 'wussy'.

With this entry, thus ends my contributions to this most stale thread. Hey moderator: show me who's boss again. No apologies necessary this time./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Tone loco, you have made it abundantly clear that you are insane.

[SIZE= 24px]Former Star Tribune critic among bikers attacked on Midtown Greenway[/SIZE]
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 9:56 AM EDT Updated: Jun 28, 2012 9:56 AM EDT by Mike Durkin - email

Midtown Greenway bike path, at the Sabo bridge over Hiawatha Ave. in south Minneapolis
MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - Former Star Tribune restaurant critic Jeremy Iggers says he and other cyclists were attacked by a group of teenagers and younger children on the Midtown Greenway in Minneapolis.
Iggers, who now writes for the Twin Cities Daily Planet, said a half dozen kids were blocking the Greenway path at 14th Avenue around 9 a.m. Monday. As he rode his bike around the group, he was hit with a rock.
Moments later, Iggers says another biker coming from the opposite direction was hit by a rock. When that biker confronted the group, one of the older boys allegedly punched him in the face. He also had his iPod stolen.
Iggers said he called 911 and the kids ran off when more bikers came up the path, including one who said he was attacked a few minutes earlier.
The Midtown Greenway Coalition responded to the attacks on Facebook, encouraging Greenway users to call police when they see people loitering and to stop well ahead of those groups.
Read more of Jeremy Iggers' account of the attacks and join the discussion at http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/blog/jeremy-iggers/attacked-minneapolis-greenway

Read more: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/18903536/former-star-tribune-restaurant-critic-attacked-on-midtown-greenway#ixzz20Uu8Vks0

Be prepared! Morons are everywhere.

By Jeremy Iggers, Iggers Digest
June 27, 2012
Have you been attacked while riding your bike on the Greenway, or anywhere else?
Monday morning shortly before 9 a.m., riding to work‎ on the Greenway, I found the road partly blocked at 14th Avenue by half a dozen kids - some teens, some probably younger - standing in the middle of the road. I said something like, "hey, you can't block the road" as I went around them, and then one kid threw a rock at me, hitting me in the upper body.

I stopped a few yards ahead, not sure what to do. Just then, another biker coming from the opposite direction was hit by a rock. He dismounted and started to confront the group. One of the bigger boys started throwing punches. The biker at first stood his ground, but when he got hit hard in the face, and more kids started to surround him, he retreated. He ran to me, and asked me to call 911, which I did. He said one of the kids had stolen his iPod.
As more bikers arrived on the scene, the kids ran back up the ramp to 13th Ave. One biker said he had been attacked a few minutes earlier. The first biker who was attacked stayed to wait for the police, and I left to go to work.
Later in the day, I posted a short status update on Facebook.
"Wow. Terrible!," wrote David Lawrence Grant. "The Greenway is such a great resource... but people can't use it if they can't feel safe."
Another Facebook friend commented that I "Should of stayed and kicked there butts. Please do not let anyone get away with that"
That didn't really occur to me at the time.
Barb Teed, a regular contributor to the Daily Planet, attached links to several other reports of Greenway attacks, including a January WCCO report about a violent attack on a woman cyclist on the Greenway, and a link to the Midtown Greenway Coalition's list of incidents in the past six months here: There are currently nine incidents on the list, all after dark.
I also copied my status update to the Coalition's Facebook page, where I found that another cyclist, Jennifer Komar Olivarez, had already posted a similar experience:
The Midtown Greenway Coalition posted a reply within minutes:
Thanks, Jeremy. We strongly encourage Greenway users to call the police when they see groups of youth loitering on the Greenway. The MO is always 2-3 youth or more, and frequently they are near a bridge with stair or ramp access. Best to stop well ahead of them. Also, turn around and bike away the other direction. The more calls to the police, the more they pay attention to the Greenway. They want us to call, and if everyone does, it will really help.
And Olivarez posted a reply yesterday as well:
Jeremy, that was the same group I encountered. Several of us calling the police must have helped, because today there was a patrol car prominently parked near the 10th Avenue entrance to the Greenway. I was unfortunately upon them before I knew what was happening but will be extra vigilant from now on and will not hesitate to call police as soon as I can.
On my Facebook thread, Andrew Paule offered this suggestion: "Anyone interested in helping contact the coalition - they can use all they can get. We have had a couple of years with ZERO incidents, now we are starting to see it pick up again."
The Midtown Coalition also offers some advice for riders on the Greenway after dark:
For your safety, seek other trail users to buddy up with after dark and call 911 to report anything suspicious. If you must bike alone at night, behave as you would anywhere in the city and avoid loitering/stationary pedestrians because sometimes they have accomplices hiding nearby.
On Tuesday morning, when I rode to work on the same route, I didn't see any sign of the kids. But I did encounter a couple of Minneapolis police officers on bikes. I stopped one of them and started a conversation - I assumed that they were patrolling the Greenway in response to the multiple police reports from the day before.
No, the officer told me, he hadn't heard about those incidents. They patrol the Greenway regularly, and this was just a routine ride.
Do you have Greenway experiences or advice to share? Post them as comments on this story, and we'll update the story with your input, as appropriate.

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/blog/jeremy-iggers/attacked-minneapolis-greenway

Libtards. They can NOT debate the facts!

Gimmee dat bike homie!

Jus' shoot me dawg!

Bikers In Central Park Attacked By Thumbtacks From Anonymous Source
Posted: 07/12/2012 5:35 pm Updated: 07/12/2012 5:35 pm

#news_entries #ad_sharebox_260x60 img {padding:0px;margin:0px}
s-CENTRAL-PARK-BIKERS-large.jpg

The scenic bike paths of Central Park were allegedly booby-trapped with thumbtacks last week, deflating tires and sending city cyclists flying off course.
The New York Post reports that at least 12 bikers' tires were punctured on July 3 at the Harlem Slope section of the park.
While police at the Central Park Precinct scoffed at the incident, saying "a flat tire is not the crime of the century," bikers were quick to see the thumbtacks as a weapon in a battle of a much larger war.
The culprits behind the thumb tack assault, they suggested, may be "self-entitled" Central Park runners.
A cyclist told The Post, “I really don’t want to point fingers, but some think it could have been a disgruntled runner. There is kind of a rivalry in the park between cyclists and runners.”
The often thorny relationship between runners and cyclists in Central Park is well-documented. (For example, the rift last fall over renovations to a Bronx trail.) But could runners really be so vengeful as to strategically plant thumbtacks and wreak havoc on their rivals?
Or perhaps dog owners are to blame? In 2006, over 50 city dog groups won the right to keep their pups unleashed during certain hours, a decision that left whizzing bikers disappointed.
Will Central Park bikers retaliate with their own tactics? Will runners reveal themselves as the thumbtack offenders? Is this all an overblown, #OnlyInNewYork incident? Stay tuned here for updates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/bikers-central-park-attacked-thumbtacks_n_1668952.html?utm_hp_ref=new-york

Gimme dem tires homie!

Jus' shoot me dawg!

Woman groped on Gatineau bike path, police seek links to earlier assault

By Peter Henderson, The Ottawa Citizen July 5, 2012

OTTAWA — A woman was sexually assaulted on the bike path near a high school in Gatineau on Wednesday afternoon.
Gatineau Police said the suspect may be the same man believed to be the culprit of a similar sex assault on June 15 in Lac Leamy Park.
Police said the 19-year-old woman was walking alone on Wednesday just before 2:30 p.m. behind Philemon Wright high school when she was approached by a man who said he had lost his dog.
The man grabbed her chest, and then asked if he could continue to do so.
She refused, and the man fled on a black bicycle towards Jumonville Street.
The suspect is described as a black man roughly 20 years old, wearing a black tank top and black shorts.
Police searched the area immediately after but were unable to locate anyone matching the description.
Gatineau Police are investigating any links between Wednesday’s incident and a June 15 assault in Lac Leamy Park.
In that case, a man grabbed a 31-year-old woman from behind and tried to drag her away.
She fought off the attacker and a passerby came to her aid.
The suspect in the Lac Leamy assault is described as black, 15 to 18 years of age, approximately five-foot-six and weighing 130 to 150 pounds.
He also fled on a black bicycle.
Police said he was wearing blue shorts and no shirt.
Anyone with information about either assault is being asked to contact Gatineau Police at 819-246-0222.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Woman+groped+Gatineau+bike+path+police+seek+links+earlier+assault/6888170/story.html#ixzz20UyTSdq5

Downtown Minneapolis rocked by six violent "flash mob" attacks during last two months
By Aaron Rupar Wed., Mar. 28 2012 at 11:38 AM

Antonio Dewayne Jones, 20, was the only adult arrested following last Friday's assault. ​If you needed proof that some people really do get their jollies from inflicting senseless harm upon others, consider what happened last Friday evening in downtown Minneapolis near Fifth and Nicollet.

A trio of cyclists were biking down Nicollet Mall about 7:45 p.m. when a group of men at a bus stop suddenly approached them and started throwing punches. One of the bikers was left with a broken jaw; another was beaten but sustained less serious injuries.

The incident happened right in front of Minneapolis police, who chased the 15 to 20 suspects and ended up arresting one adult and several juveniles. It was the sixth "flash mob"-style attack since the beginning of February.

Sgt. Steve McCarty of the Minneapolis Police Department told KARE 11 that the perpetrators seem to be motivated by nothing more than the desire to act violently.
  • "It's just mainly to create mayhem, assault people and just whatever they can do," he said. "It's a weird mentality I don't think a lot of people can fathom or understand. Just to victimize people."

Officers have stepped up patrols in areas where the incidents have occurred, but last Friday's biker beatdown suggests added police presence isn't a surefire deterrent.

The Star Tribune runs down the other recent flash mob-style attacks: Since February 3, there have been six flash mob-style attacks on or near Nicollet Mall. ​
• Feb. 3: 9:25 p.m. at Seventh Street and Nicollet Mall. Several suspects, one displaying a handgun, assault a group of five young men, ages 18 to 19. No serious injuries or arrests.

• Feb. 20: 2:22 a.m. at 119 N. Fourth St. Six to seven young men, one with a handgun, threaten and then assault a 28-year-old St. Paul man, taking his cellphone and leaving him with face and torso injuries that did not require hospitalization. No immediate arrests.

• Feb. 25: 2 a.m. at 413 Nicollet Mall. Suspects assault two men, ages 22 and 25. Neither victim required hospitalization. No immediate arrests.

• March 11: 8 p.m. at Sixth Street and Nicollet Mall. Four men, ages 21 to 30, attacked. Two bikes stolen; one recovered. No hospitalization or arrests.

• March 17: 11:45 p.m. at 90 S. Seventh St. Two men, ages 23 and 27, are attacked. The younger man is seriously injured and admitted to intensive care at Hennepin County Medical Center.
The suspects involved in last Friday's incident didn't seem to be out to rob anyone, just to inflect pain upon the unsuspecting bikers. It was senseless violence in the most literal meaning of the term, and the trend is a "big concern" for Inspector Kris Arneson, who oversees downtown law enforcement.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/03/downtown_minneapolis_rocked_by_five_violent_flash_mobs_attacks_during_last_two_months.php

Do not be a victim! Be a victor. Be armed, be trained and be responsible for your own safety in a land filled with wild jungle animals.

Update report:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/227237/2/Attacked-Knox-Cyclist-Emotional-scars-deep

The Knoxville cyclist who said he was sideswiped then beaten in late June is back on his bike.

"This whole cheek bone was crushed in and you could feel the pieces moving around," David Thomas said while showing his injuries to 10News during an interview Wednesday afternoon. "Then, right up here [eye socket], this whole area was crushed and pushed in."

Thomas had plates placed in his face, he suffers from nerve damage and loss of eyesight.

The bike enthusiast believes the physical scars will heal, however, "The emotional scars are going to be deeper.".

No one has been arrested for assaulting the cyclist. The Knoxville Police Department said an investigator has been assigned to the case.

According to Thomas, a car sideswiped his bike on the afternoon of June 25 while riding down Magnolia Avenue. Thomas then stopped on Fifth Avenue to catch his breath. The driver hunted the cyclist down and punched him three times.

Thomas wants fellow bike lovers to keep safety in mind.

"I did a lot of things wrong that day," Thomas said. "I should have called 911 right off. I should have gone to a place where there were a lot of people."

The cyclist still wonders what set the driver off. He added, he did not say a word to his attacker while being sideswiped or beaten.

Thomas said he is "at ease" with the suspect, but that the Knoxville cycling community wants justice.

A cash reward for information that leads to an arrest may be offered in the near future.

Great job on the posts Bob... I haven't reviewed this thread for awhile, but I'm glad to see that it is still active. The more folks who have the freedom to carry understand that carrying a firearm allows options that defense with a bicycle pump does not, the better. For those whose governments have taken away that right... well... that's a bit sad in my opinion.

Joe